Sidney Rice - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Sidney Rice

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Sidney Rice surgery? To miss 8 weeks?!

Postby moochman » Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:07 pm

Didn't then Packers WR Javon Walker have a hip injury too? Heard about hip issues with Rice last month and have, thankfully, avoided him in my drafts.
Don't feel too bad Favre owners, the Vikes have addressed the issue.
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/sports_ ... alker.html

They signed Walker. Look for major bump in Berrians value, and that WR who caught the miracle pass, Lewis?, last year. Shiancoe will prolly get an opportunity to be a top 10 or better TE.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby joejlitz » Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:10 pm

dblj9911 wrote:Well I guess if he misses 8 weeks, then I would assume at least another 4 weeks to get back into game shape. So to me he isn't going to contribute until late season(fantasy playoff time), but do you hold a roster spot for him in most leagues?

I don't. I did that with Anthony Gonzalez last year, then released him. He was still on waivers around Week 6 when it said he might come back. I scooped him up again. He didn't come back.

I'm not doing all of that again.
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby Flyn high again » Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:48 pm

From the Red Zone:
According to Jeremy Fowler of the St. Paul Pioneer Press, less than two months after hip surgery, Vikings wide receiver Sidney Rice was catching passes Friday during the Vikings' practice session at Winter Park.

Wearing a purple No. 18 jersey and black sweats, Rice slowly jogged across an empty practice field while injured reserve receiver Jaymar Johnson threw him a couple of passes in stride. When we say slow, we mean slow — his lower-body movements were minimal.

But it's progress for a guy who was on crutches last week. Rice ditched the crutches on Tuesday, and he should find out soon when he can return to football activities.
Go Bears!
Flyn high again
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Flyn high again » Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:45 pm

From Rotoworld:
Sidney Rice (PUP, hip) was able to run at half-speed and catch passes on the side of Vikings practice Wednesday.
He was working with Vikings WRs coach George Stewart. It's the first "football activity" Rice has done since undergoing hip surgery in August. "Slowly but surely" is how beat writer Tom Pelissero described Rice's progress. He's still unlikely to play before Week 10 or so, but a late-season return is at least looking possible. Rice has yet to be activated from PUP.
Go Bears!
Flyn high again
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Flyn high again » Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:45 pm

I have four guys on bye this week and had to drop Rice. I hope nobody in my league knows how close he is to returning. Sidney Rice for the playoffs sounds good... provided Favre gets his act together. With Moss double covered, Rice gets the choice WR1 in a WR2 slot. Opponents will have to either play zone or single cover him, both recipes for big production.
Go Bears!
Flyn high again
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby R00k » Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:47 pm

Rice returning to practice soon?
What would the time frame be?

Nov 3 Rice has been taken off the physically unable to perform list, allowing his return to practice.
Advice: Coach Brad Childress announced Wednesday the decision regarding Rice, who has been recovering from hip surgery in late August. The Vikings have up to three weeks to evaluate his progress before determining whether to put him on the active 53-man roster. Childress said Rice would run with the scout team in Wednesday's practice. His return has become even more important to the Vikings following the surprise release of Randy Moss this week.
R00k
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby seahawks506 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:12 am

I'm thinking possibly by week 11 he comes back. Would you rather have Rice or Vjax?
seahawks506
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby R00k » Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:01 am

VJack has a better QB situation, but doesn't he have to sit out a few games yet?

I ruined my FF season BTW by drafting both Sidney Rice and Vincent Jackson so take my advice with a grain of salt.
:)
R00k
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Flyn high again » Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:41 pm

Rice is running full speed and making cuts. Grab him soon if you want him.

From Rotoworld:
Sidney Rice (hip) was able to run at full speed and make cuts in his return to Vikings practice Wednesday.
Rice "didn't appear hindered by the injury," according to the Minneapolis Star-Tribune, while Jeremy Fowler of the St. Paul Pioneer Press confirms that what Rice was able to do "looked encouraging," even if he's still "rusty, as expected." Rice isn't likely to play in Week 9, but could return for Week 10
Go Bears!
Flyn high again
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Flyn high again » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:24 pm

Report says he "ran extensively before Sunday's game" but he hasn't been tackled yet. I'm guessing Rice is around 1-2 weeks away. Barring setbacks, he should be back in football shape for the playoffs.
Go Bears!
Flyn high again
Head Coach
Head Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk