Sidney Rice - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Sidney Rice

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Sidney Rice surgery? To miss 8 weeks?!

Postby joejlitz » Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:30 am

Flyn high again wrote:Report says he "ran extensively before Sunday's game" but he hasn't been tackled yet. I'm guessing Rice is around 1-2 weeks away. Barring setbacks, he should be back in football shape for the playoffs.

Fantasy playoffs. We have to make that clear because we know the Vikings won't be making the NFL playoffs, right Bungle? :-]
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Flyn high again » Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:55 pm

LOL! Don't write the Vikings off yet with Favre on the team.

Vikings are at a junction. Two paths lie ahead. One path has the team rallying around each other while vocally saying they are going to win despite Childress inept leadership. This team has a chance to make the playoffs. Childress gets fired at the end of the season. The other path has the team giving up and taking the Dallas route which spirals down, down, down to NFL hell. Childress gets fired week 11 or 12.

There is a third weed strewn sort of path that a couple of Vikings are eyeballing. It has them losing badly to the Bears, Childress getting fired and Leslie Frazier taking control and leading the team to the playoffs. Not likely since there are weeds, logs, and Free Agency sirens calling to them along the way.
Go Bears!
Flyn high again
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby TitsMcGahee » Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:12 pm

Does anyone have any information on the chance that Sidney Rice could play this week against the Bears? What do you think the odds of him playing are? I need to have my lineup set before Thursday and I am trying to decide to take the risk and play Sidney Rice, or go the safe route with Santonio Holmes (only the safe route because he is starting).
TitsMcGahee
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 28)

Postby Flyn high again » Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:11 pm

Risky to start him against the Bears. My guess is he may play since the Vikings are hurting at WR with Moss gone and Harvin once again having migraines but you can't count on it. You may have to wait and check Sunday morning for the Active player list. Here's the latest:

Tom Pelissero of 1500 ESPN Twin Cities believes that Sidney Rice (hip) will be available for no more than 15-30 snaps when he makes his season debut.
After watching practice closely, Pelissero believes Rice "looks like he's ready to go," but that the contract-year receiver is very much aware of money on the line with unrestricted free agency looming in 2011. "I do expect that Sidney Rice is going to land back on the 53-man roster," says Pelissero, "but to say that it's a sure bet for this Sunday is anything but true."
Go Bears!
Flyn high again
Head Coach
Head Coach

Re: Sydney Rice

Postby markus » Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:01 pm

Latest news that I could find about Rice via Rotoworld Friday afternoon.

According to ESPN's Tom Pelissero, "nobody" around the Vikings expects Sidney Rice (hip) to regain his 2009 form "anytime soon."
Pelissero suspects it could "take the balance of the season" for Rice to regain his old form and get into playing shape. Rice also admitted Friday that he's not 100 percent while calling his long-term prospects "huge" when it comes to deciding when and whether to resume playing. According to Rice, he's "just not as fast, not as quick, don't have that explosion that I used to."

Markus
markus
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Flyn high again » Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:20 am

Citing two sources, the St. Paul Pioneer Press reports that Sidney Rice (hip) "is expected" to make his 2010 debut Sunday at Chicago.

Let's watch and see how he plays against the Bears. He's been on my bench nearly all season in two leagues and I want my money's worth. Run, Sidney, Run!
Go Bears!
Flyn high again
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Flyn high again » Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:59 pm

Looks like one more week until his debut.

Vikings WR Sidney Rice (hip) was not activated off of the PUP list for the Week 10 game against the Bears, according to the Minneapolis Star-Tribune.
Go Bears!
Flyn high again
Head Coach
Head Coach

Re: Sydney Rice (Inactive for Week 10)

Postby Flyn high again » Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:52 pm

Rice WAS ACTIVATED off PUP list and may play Sunday. He says he will not play an entire game. I'm leaving him on the bench this week and watching how he looks Sunday. If all goes well, Rice could be a high WR2/low WR1 for the FF playoffs.
Go Bears!
Flyn high again
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Flyn high again » Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:33 pm

From Rotoworld:
Coach Brad Childress said Sidney Rice (hip) will start and play 20-40 snaps in Sunday's game against the Packers.
Go Bears!
Flyn high again
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Flyn high again » Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:00 am

Rice played some of the game this week and there are no injury reports so far. Watch practice reports to see if he is ready to play a full game.
Go Bears!
Flyn high again
Head Coach
Head Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk