Reggie Wayne - is he a stud WR? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Reggie Wayne - is he a stud WR?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Reggie Wayne - is he a stud WR?

Postby Stelly » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:29 am

Do you consider Reggie Wayne a stud WR? He seems to be getting drafted like one, with an ADP around 15 overall, and the #3 WR off the board.

Personally, I think he's a lock for 1250/10, and has very little downside. When you draft Wayne, you know what you are getting.

At the same time, I have seen plenty of rankings that have him as low as WR7 or WR8, which seems silly to me. He's been a Top 6 WR in 3 of the past 4 seasons, plays in a great passing offense with a great QB.

Thoughts? Where do you rank Reggie Wayne?
10-Team, non-PPR

QB:
RB: R. Rice, CJ Spiller
WR: AJ Green
K:
Def:
Stelly
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Reggie Wayne - is he a stud WR?

Postby petedog9 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:41 am

I agree .. He is one of the safest wrs going. You know what you are gonna get.Personally, I have him as the 4th WR behind AJ /Moss/ Austin... Not sure if I call him a STUD but he is elite... AJ is the only STUD WR IMO
petedog9
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Sex Panther » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:51 am

In terms of fantasy production I think it's safe to call him a tud - he's in the 2nd tier of guys IMO - he's also one of the most consistent guys out there - 80+ catches, 1100+ yards, and 8+ TD are pretty much a lock. It doesn't hurt that he's been in the same offense (which is typically among the best in the league), w/ arugably the best QB of all time, and happens to play his home games in a dome.

Are the more talented or physically gifted WR's in the NFL? SUre there are, but this lovely game is all about the numbers - and Wayne consistently puts up WR1 numbers.
Kate Upton's Husband - dead
Mr. Blonde - champ
Yo Soy Fiesta - dead
Old South - champ
Full of Fanta Tonight - champ
Sex Panther (SB) - dead
Sex Panther (FF) - dead
Sex Panther (IBL) - dead
Sex Panther (Dynasty) dead
Sex Panther
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby 2ksports » Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:32 pm

petedog9 wrote:I agree .. He is one of the safest wrs going. You know what you are gonna get.Personally, I have him as the 4th WR behind AJ /Moss/ Austin... Not sure if I call him a STUD but he is elite... AJ is the only STUD WR IMO

That's exactly where I have him.

In the first 3 rounds, I'm looking at not picking busts, thus Reggie Wayne seems an obvious choice for an early pick. You don't win the draft in the early rounds, but you can certainly lose it. Reggie Wayne will prevent that from happening, as unsexy as the pick is.
2ksports
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 2)

Postby ihballer34 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:52 pm

Wayne is without a doubt one of the most respectable and greatest wide receivers in the game, to date. I have no idea why he is 4th or 5th for WR. This guy produces every year. And without marvin harrison, he has been top 3 every season. I have wayne at #2 WR, NO DOUBT
ihballer34
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby moochman » Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:24 pm

Little concerned about stinkers in 3 of his last 4 games last season. Wayne is a guy I take 4th or 5th, but I kind of hope I don't have to make that choice. He is nearing the time when his stats speak louder than his game. The Colts have more options now than ever with Ant Gon being back and the emergence of Garcon and Collie. Yeah, I guess I would mark him down a notch, sub-stud with more downside than other sub-studs like Megatron, or D. Jackson.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Return to Football Talk