Who Are You Targeting? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Who Are You Targeting?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Who Are You Targeting?

Postby mutantseabass » Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:19 pm

Would like to start off by complimenting all on the nice picks. Dan I see you have big things planned for the Lions! Kool-aid and cornbread cause heartburn, just a warning for ya.

QB- Alex Smith, He has shown a lot of maturity over the last half of last season. Also has Crabtree, Davis and a great pass catching back in Gore. I think he will be a borderline starter this year, possibly more if Crabtree has progressed. Which I think he has. I have him in my top 10 for this season.

QB-Matt Cassell-I like him as a backup this season. Weiss there, and KC has added some weapons this off season. If Bowe can get his head on somewhat straight, McCluster, Chambers, and Charles I think Cassell is the surprise QB this year.

RB-Ahmad Bradshaw-Flat out he is just better then Jacobs. Better runner, plays with more heart and somehow hes better at the goal line. I love his ADP.

RB-Joseph Addai-PPR leagues are really the only format I play in now but I love his value. His YPC is the greatest but catches the ball well, Peyton trusts him and the dude just seems to know how to get into the endzone. I believe he is playing for a contract this year as well, always good for a little motivation.

RB-Matt Forte-Again PPR leagues, not flashy, say all you want about Martz and his system but Kevin Jones had a nice year under Mad Mike(PPR league). I like his ADP and like the fact that alot have soured on him seeing his below par year last year. Big thing is he is healthy this year too.

WR-Brandon Marshall- I know Miamis a running team, blah blah blah. I know Parcells is a genius, he knows how to win. I think Miami opens it up more this year. Henne is looking good and will lock onto Marshall, hes a beast. The opening of the passing game will save on Ronnie Brown and Ricky keeping them both healthy. I actually have Marshall as my #2 WR this season.

WR-Chris Chambers-Not a sexy pick, not an every week starter but I like his upside and ADP alot. Bowe draws the double leaving Chambers one on one. He finished the season well for the Chiefs last year and Haley seems to like him.

WR- and my pick for ROY-Mike Williams(TB)-The dude can just flat out play. I really think he will be special. Some people just have it and I believe that Mike Williams has it. Winslow will keep Ds honest and it will be hard to double Williams. I really think the college incident has made him see the light, he has sat on the couch and watched his team play and didnt like it. I feel it was a growing experience for him. A wake up call in ways.

WR-Malcom Floyd-Vincent Who? I think Floyd explodes this year. Rivers likes him and hes a huge target in the endzone. This could be more of wishful thinking though, as I would like to see someone (VJax) sit out and cry about money and someone(floyd) just post a monster season. Kinda in your face thing seeing so many people are out of work and Jackson who is suspended and still asking for more money. I usually like the headcase WRs, Moss, Marshall, Owens but something about the suspension and still asking for more money rubs me wrong.

TE-A bit deeper here and somewhat of a reach but I like the other Zach Miller-Jax. Big, athletic and sims-walker always seems to be nicked up. The TE pool is so deep this year I thought I would reach my arm even farther in the jar.

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Metropolitans » Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:15 am

Let me add in one more guy...

In PPR Format, Dexter McCluster (WR/RB-KC) is an Intriguing pick! Hes the rare WR/RB Eligibility who will be getting work in KC at both positions. Hes been working Flexed out at WR a lot of mini camp but his natural position at Ole Miss was RB, where he was VERY explosive. He probably translates to the NFL similar to Reggie Bush but instead of trying to force him to run inbetween the tackles and attempting to make him a 25 carry back, theyre going to use his versatility to create mismatches. In a PPR League, he should pay immediate dividends, but in standard formats, I expect him to experience some growing pains. Hes the kinda guy who might have 1 Huge Game (75 Rec, 60 Rushing, 2 TDs) and then follow it with a crappy game, 30 Rec, 25 Rushing, 0 TDs, very Feast or Famine. But I expect him to nab 3-6 Receptions a Game, netting an additional 3-6 Pts to his overall score, thus making his "Famine Week" atleast 8 Pts (3 Rec, 55 total Yds). I know in PPR, 8 Pts isnt much, but you throw this guy at WR3 or at a Flex position, and hell give you the consistency of a RB, at a normally VERY inconsistent WR3 Position. Im not 100% sure how McClusters going to be used, but I do know theyre gonna Flex him out quite often, definitely use him on end arounds and im sure theres a whole bag of tricks with this guy, he should be very exciting to watch, and more importantly, to own!!!
10Team H2H
(8-1 Record)
QB- Stafford
WR- VJax
WR- Marshall
WR/RB-JNelson
RB- RRice
RB- DMC
TE- Gronkowski
K- Akers
DEF- WW Matchups
Bench- Bradford, Morris, Meachem, JBest, JBaldwin, Ridley
Metropolitans
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby justinj312 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:38 am

Expensive:
The Rogers-Finley connection.

Moderately priced
Moreno, Forte, Foster, Wallace, Knox

Cheap
J Jones (both), Z Miller, C Cooley, D Brown
thx

-justinj312
justinj312
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby kickureface » Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:53 pm

outside the top4, im always targeting
gore
moss
jennings
grant
greene if hes in the second+
one of crab/msw/nicks and one of moss/maclin/floyd
one of spiller/best/barber and one of mbush*/foster*
mike thomas
and a random TE at the end (zmiller, cooley, shiancoe, lalala)
qb ill be grabbing one of the remains after the top8.
kickureface
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Bloody Sox » Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:08 pm

So far, I'm drafting at the back end of the 1st round in two of my leagues (don't know the 3rd yet) - one is PPR, the other is partial-PPR:

QB-early/mid: Schaub, Romo
QB-mid/late: Ryan, Henne, Rothlisberger - was targeting Flacco, but his ADP is ridiculous now

WR-early: Megatron, Austin, White
WR-mid: Bowe, Crabtree, Nicks, Floyd
WR-late: Knox, M. Williams, J. Jones

RB-early: Gore, Charles
RB-mid: Forte, Best
RB-late: M. Bush, A. Foster, B. Scott, Hardesty

TE: Finley, Z. Miller
Bloody Sox
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby footballsimp » Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:01 am

I was targeting Welker and Forte and missed them both. Please, someone tell me everything is going to be ok.
footballsimp
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Kareighuis » Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:09 pm

My targets so far-
QB- Don't want the top guys because of their price, but I'm interested in Romo and Flacco. If I miss them, I'll wait for some combo of Eli, Roethlisberger and Stafford.

RB- outside of the top 12 or so-
Greene- turned it on when given carries in 2009; great o-line; run-heavy team has enough carries for LT
Michael Bush- took lead in competition for lead spot as DMC couldn't practice for 2 weeks ago, again due to injuries; team has averaged 1,925 yards in three years Cable has been with team; power back entering contract year; NFL-proven when he gets the rock
Arian Foster- Was targeting him, but his ADP keep's shooting up. I don't know if I'm willing to pay that price.
Anthony Dixon- Gore always misses a few games; Dixon fits the mold of the mentality of what Singletary is doing; using 2 1sts on the o-line indicates a change in offensive philosophy- pound the rock; if they run it as much as the Jets did last year, he still has value as Gore's wingman
Choice- proven NFL talent stuck behind an injury-prone guy and an NFL workhorse whose mileage seems to be catching up to him

WR- outside the elite. I mean, who isn't targeting Andre Johnson?
Crabtree- 2009 production came in half a year without actually knowing the plays; team's #1 WR, perhaps even #1 receiving option
Garcon- Don't expect him to lose #2 WR spot in Indy; has more explosiveness than Gonzalez or Collie
Mike Williams- #1 receiving target; has built rapport with QB Freeman; slid in draft not because of talent- Bucs had him as #4 WO in the 2010 draft
Nate Burleson- 25th in PPR last year while in Seattle; playing opposite Calvin Johnson, with Stafford throwing the ball, his ADP makes him a great value; only variable is how defenses will choose the defend the Johnson/Best/Burleson/Scheffler group
Mike Thomas- while more of a slot guy, forced himself into the starting lineup last year as a rookie; reportedly has outplayed the other starter this year, Mike Sims-Walker, who is injury-prone to boot; mad quicks
Devin Thomas- talented, but reportedly immature/unfocused; recent play seems to have elevated him in coaches' eyes; 3rd year WR; gaping hole opposite Santana Moss; McNabb has a history of getting production from less talented WRs
Jacoby Jones- Coaches pushing to make him WR2, ahead of the no-explosiveness Kevin Walter
James Jones- Driver is old and coming off surgery to his knees; has explosive, NFL-proven, skills; at worst, he's WR3 in an explosive offense
Early Doucet- vying for WR2 in wake of Boldin departure; Breaston is a downfield weapon who creates separation with speed- not a good match for the too-conservative Leinart, who prefer dump-offs/short-passes; 3rd year WR who was blocked from starting lineup until Boldin was traded

Watch list-
J Best- I'm not a fan, but there's so much love for him, if he slides somehow, I take him and flip him
V Jackson- contract issues may prevent him from playing this year; a top-10 or so talent who may drop far enough to warrant the risk
Aromashodu/Knox/Hester- in order; if they drop, could outweigh risk
Braylon Edwards- not a fan of Mr. Stone Hands, but the uncertainty in NY has often pushed his ADP into the value range; likely still team's WR1
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading." - Henny Youngman

I want a prehensile sucker tail, and I don't want to wait fifty million years.
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 3)

Postby Purple1 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:26 pm

QB-
Rivers / Cutler / Ryan / A. smith / V. Young

RB-

Bradshaw / Forte / Addai / Spiller / Best / Barber / R. Bush

WR-
Both Johnsons, Andre and Calvin / Austin / Marshall / Boldin / White / Welker / S. Smith(CAR) / Knox / Garcon / Kenny Britt / Josh Cribbs

TE-
Gates / Davis / Finnley

I pick 9 th in a 12 team PPR so my plan is to go WR early making sure I grab at least 2-top end WR and a Top end TE then grabbing my QB and loading up on mid round RB's...but we'll see what happens on draft day that could easily change.
Purple1
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby bungle613 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:40 pm

QB- Matt Ryan

RB - Michael Bush, Brandon Jacobs, Leon Washington

WR - Hakeem Nicks, Derrick Mason, Jacoby Jones, Mike Williams, Mike Williams (yes, both of them) Dexter McCluster and my favourite Legedu Naanee.

TE - Greg Olsen, Aaron Hernandez
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby bagobonez » Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:23 pm

QB: Kolb, Eli, Palmer, Alex Smith as a super sleeper

RB: Greene, Charles, Mathews

WR: Terrell Owens, H.Nicks, D.Hester, Jacoby Jones

TE: Celek, Owen Daniels

DEF: Steelers (Polamalu and A.Smith return) and Cowboys (Defense came on strong to finish the year, posting consecutive shutouts in Weeks 16 and 17)
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Previous

Return to Football Talk