Any quick hints/tips for my MAIN FF draft tonight? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Any quick hints/tips for my MAIN FF draft tonight?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Any quick hints/tips for my MAIN FF draft tonight?

Postby bostonsoxandy » Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:22 pm

I love to see everyone's opinions and reasoning all the time just so I can chew on em and see what I think of em. Anyone have any quickie advice for a draft today? Main league scoring is:

1 POINT PER RECEPTION
6 PT PASSING TDS
-2 INTERCEPTIONS
5 PT BONUS FOR 100 YD RECEIVING/RUSHING GAME

Anyone I should target?
Some specifics I would like to be answered:

When should Wes Welker go in this league? Is he worth a 2nd rounder? 3rd? 4th?
When should Arian Foster go in this league? Is he worth a 4th? 5th? 6th?
What about anti ppr backs like Michael Turner? Is he still a first round pick even in a 1 ppr league??
Whats VJax's status? Anyone heard any recent info?
Is Sidney Rice worth taking a flier on in a late round if everyone is alert that he is injured for first 8 weeks? What is the earliest round that is acceptable to take him?
Does Bernard Berrian have good mid-round value with Harvin + Rice's woes?
bostonsoxandy
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Any quick hints/tips for my MAIN FF draft tonight?

Postby moochman » Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:34 pm

That's a lot of stuff. Welker is the trickiest. He looks very good so far, but still has risk of the knee holding up. Late 2nd round is probably as deep as he goes, and should not let slide past 3rd. Too many catches for better than expected yards.
Foster probably 6-7th round, depends on how many other backs are taken and how knowledgeble your league mates are.
Turner is a frist rounder in any format. Yards and Tds add up, plus they want to get him more involved in passing game. 5-7 pick is where he goes.
V Jax sounds like he may miss at least 6 games, Chargers playing hardball. very risky, better if he gets traded.
Rice late is nice, let someone else take him in the middle. Favre could be retired by the time Rice sees the field.
Berrian will probably get picked too soon. He should give good value if he falls to the second half of draft.
This is off the top of my head, and should be taken with a grain of salt. Good luck with your draft.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Football Talk