Reggie Wayne - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Reggie Wayne

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Reggie Wayne

Postby scottaa1 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:32 pm

Reggie wants mo' money:

The Indianapolis Colts' mandatory three-day minicamp will open today minus Reggie Wayne.
The four-time Pro Bowl receiver said in an e-mail sent to the media Thursday evening that he and the Colts are "in disagreement concerning my contract.''

"I will continue training diligently in Florida, as I have each offseason since my rookie year, to ensure that I am ready to play this season,'' Wayne said in his e-mail. "I hope that a fair resolution can be reached in the not-too-distant future that allows me to achieve my goal of playing my entire career with the Indianapolis Colts.''

http://www.indystar.com/article/20100604/SPORTS03/6040358/1058/SPORTS03/Wayne-says-he-ll-skip-Colts-minicamp

Considering the numbers given in the article regarding other WRs and their yearly payout I can see his point. Hope we can pay him. Irsay has committed to making Manning the highest paid player in history and we have some big price tags elsewhere already.

did i make anyone's heart skip a beat when they saw reggie bumped up? :-/
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)
Home Cafe: Football

Reggie Wayne

Postby joejlitz » Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:01 pm

Wayne still doesn't have an updated contract. I'm not sure if I'm gonna let this affect where I draft him or not.
The last Rotoworld has is from AUG 2. Anyone with an update?

Reggie Wayne confirmed that he considered a training camp holdout due to displeasure with his contract, but opted against it.

He reported to Anderson (IN) on Sunday. "The most important thing is I'm here," said Wayne. "I thought about it, but it was bigger than me." Wayne spent the offseason working out in Miami, so it's not like he's out of shape. He also had new OC Clyde Christenson send him film to prepare for the season.

Rotoworld
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 38)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Football Talk