Ahmad Bradshaw - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Ahmad Bradshaw

Moderator: Football Moderators

Ahmad Bradshaw

Postby joejlitz » Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:52 pm

Ahmad Bradshaw has appeared to have had the lead on the starting gig in NY for a few weeks now. This report, yet to be verified, says Bradshaw will be a workhorse and get 18-20 carries.

I see him going around the same time as Michael Bush and Arian Foster and will grab one of those before I get Bradshaw. I'll be a lot more cautious before I grab Brandon Jacobs.

AUG 21:
Ahmad Bradshaw rushed six times for 28 yards and one touchdown against the Steelers in Saturday night's preseason game.
Bradshaw didn't start because he was late to a team meeting. He came on late in the first quarter, making several nice runs before outracing the Steelers defense to the corner of the end zone for a 9-yard touchdown. He did nothing to lose momentum while Brandon Jacobs sat out with a neck injury sustained while doing shoulder shrugs in the weight room.

AUG 24:
Ahmad Bradshaw "is the feature back on the this team," according to ESPN's Matt Mosley.

According to Mosley, Bradshaw will get 18-20 carries a game while Brandon Jacobs will get 8-9. That would be a real shock and we don't see the disparity being that severe. Still, Bradshaw is impressing on those two surgically repaired wheels and at least even timeshare is guaranteed at this point.

Source: Rotoworld
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Ahmad Bradshaw

Postby sadlyajetsfan » Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:02 pm

Honestly I'd be very surprised if he wasn't the RB1 come week 3 or so.
sadlyajetsfan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby KasT » Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:19 pm

I want to add a little something I read a few weeks back from the New York Post:

August 8, 2010
According to the New York Post, "if someone beamed into Giants training camp with no knowledge of what went on before, one of the absolutes based on the evidence on the field would be this: Ahmad Bradshaw is the starting running back." The paper continues, "the first play of virtually every team period begins with a handoff to Bradshaw. When counting up the rushing attempts, Bradshaw probably has three times as many as Brandon Jacobs, who it is generally assumed is the No. 1 running back."

IF Bradshaw takes over the lion's share of the carries here you're looking at a fantasy steal!! He's worth a mid round pick based purely off the potential results!
KasT
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby joejlitz » Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:27 pm

Ta Da!

Bradshaw cements status as Giants top back.

The Giants started their entire first string in Thursday's preseason finale, and Ahmad Bradshaw was the first tailback on the field.

Bradshaw made a nifty run on the third play from scrimmage, evading numerous Patriots including Vince Wilfork for an 11-yard rush. He picked up seven yards on a carry the very next play, and on the same drive took a checkdown 17 yards to get into the red zone. Bradshaw was on the field for the Giants' entire first series. He will start over Brandon Jacobs in Week 1.

Ahmad Bradshaw
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby sadlyajetsfan » Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:36 am

Wow glad I took him over Jacobs lol. They were both left mid-late in a 12 man draft. I have Charles starting so it's good to know I have Bradshaw to fall back on if need be.
sadlyajetsfan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby stomperrob » Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:33 am

NEW YORK -- Brandon Jacobs dressed quickly after the New York Giants' fourth preseason game, a 20-17 win over the Patriots in which the three-year starter didn't have a single carry.

A disappointed Jacobs, who watched his friend Ahmad Bradshaw line up as the official starting running back, said football was a brutal business.

"No question," Jacobs said. "To be in this business, you have to know that. No one's your friend in this business. This is a cutthroat, backstabbing business. That's just the way it goes. It's been like that before me. If you expect anything else out of a business like this, you're crazy."

In February 2009, Jacobs signed a four-year, $25 million extension with the Giants, with $13 million in guaranteed money. Last season wasn't what the Giants hoped to get out of their back, who had minor offseason surgery on his knee, and there was criticism that he was more tentative upon his return.

Jacobs said it's too early to ask for a trade. There isn't anything that can be done with the season about to start, and the situation could work itself out. In the meantime, he said he would work hard and stay ready for the moments when his number is called.

"It's almost hard to stay positive in a situation like this, but that's what I've got to do," Jacobs said.

Bradshaw admitted he has jumped Jacobs in the rotation, a fact fairly obvious but not said out loud until Thursday night.

con't...

more: http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/ ... id=5526263
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 160)

Postby houstonherdfan » Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:20 pm

I took him in all 4 of my drafts this year. the earliest I had to pull the trigger was 8th round. the other 3 was 10th, and twice in the 12th.
You could think of government workers like teenagers. You pay them an allowance, but do you get any work out them? They eat the food, put their feet on the furniture and complain loudly whenever they are unhappy.
houstonherdfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 5)

Postby dgannon63 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:35 am

KasT wrote:I want to add a little something I read a few weeks back from the New York Post:

August 8, 2010
According to the New York Post, "if someone beamed into Giants training camp with no knowledge of what went on before, one of the absolutes based on the evidence on the field would be this: Ahmad Bradshaw is the starting running back." The paper continues, "the first play of virtually every team period begins with a handoff to Bradshaw. When counting up the rushing attempts, Bradshaw probably has three times as many as Brandon Jacobs, who it is generally assumed is the No. 1 running back."

IF Bradshaw takes over the lion's share of the carries here you're looking at a fantasy steal!! He's worth a mid round pick based purely off the potential results!

I managed to get him RD6. Current WRs are Roddy and Welker, Current RBs Gore and Best. I have a W/R Flex position where I placed Bradshaw it was him or Knox. I hope he pans out.
dgannon63
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby SameSongNDance » Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:26 pm

I would like to note that I was involved in two drafts yesterday (i like to draft literally RIGHT before the season starts) and in one of them Bradshaw went in the middle of the 4th. It's a high stakes league so no one is messing around.
SameSongNDance
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby chchelse » Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:15 am

Bradshaw: No doubt I play: Giants RB Ahmad Bradshaw (ankle) returned to practice Friday on a limited basis after missing two straight days of workouts. Despite his time off, he should be able to play in Week 5 when New York visits Houston. Bradshaw carried the ball 23 times for 129 yards and a touchdown in a 17-3 win against the Bears in Week 4, but tweaked his ankle in the victory. "I didn't have any setbacks at all," he said. "It's just something that happened. I've had ankle sprains before. It's just something that occurs. There's no doubt I'll play."
(Updated 10/08/2010)

and

Houston is allowing RBs to average 18.5 Fantasy points per week, which is the eighth highest total in the NFL. So it goes without saying that with Bradshaw rushing for 382 yards with three touchdowns through the first four games that he would be a must-start Fantasy option against Houston as long as he's active. He would continue to share carries with Brandon Jacobs a bit, but Bradshaw has established himself as the No. 1 option in the Giants' backfield
chchelse
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Return to Football Talk