Need input on mid-ranked RB's - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Need input on mid-ranked RB's

Moderator: Football Moderators

Need input on mid-ranked RB's

Postby iloveny18 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:40 am

I'm still doing my reasearch, but if I have to take one of these rb's (ranked 15-20) I usually have a hard time selected the right one in this range, (and I might just avoid these players all together in the 3rd round). So i'd like some input as to who can become a reliable 20 touch per game guy.

Here's what I do need clarafication on (not in any particular order):

Pierre Thomas: The only upside he has is that he plays in one of the best offenses in the NFL, but he's never had more than 150 carries, so I can't buy the 200 carry prediction that he'll get.

Beanie Wells: Yeah, he came on late last season, but it looks like it's a straight up split with hightower and plus he's not even starting. Plus, the cards don't look like they'll move the ball enough for him to score TD's

Moreno: Great potential, but I know these hammy injuries can linger and cause problems for Rb's.

R. Brown. He might be the best back , but is he worth drafting high considering he gets hurt every year?
iloveny18
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Need input on mid-ranked RB's

Postby mattb47 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:20 am

Well...I don't know that you can include Pierre Thomas in that list necessarily as I've seen him go higher than 15th RB off the board in most drafts. But guys I like who aren't usually ranked in that upper level this year are:

Joseph Addai - People are probably lower on him than they should be...I have him projected out as my #9 overall RB in PPR leagues (much to my surprise) and while he's lower in my projections for non-PPR, he has top 10 potential being on such a good offense with so many opportunities to score TDs. He probably won't be a monster yardage guy, but he's got double digit TD potential and that's hard to find in that area of RBs.

Jahvid Best - I think he is just an outstanding talent and is in a pretty good situation in Detroit with a good supporting cast and he's got the full attention of the coaching staff. They like him a lot and I think he'll end up getting 20 touches per game overall when you look at carries and receptions pretty easily. Explosive back with better between the tackles running ability than most seem to think.

Matt Forte - I've seen him drafted all over the place but he's dropping a lot in most leagues and we already know that Martz loves to pass to his RBs...the only question seems to be how much Chester Taylor will factor in. I think he'll factor in a bit, but I think it will serve to keep Forte healthy and he could end up being a steal if you can grab him later in those mid-rounds while people are undervaluing him.

Arian Foster - He's got that Houston job on lockdown right now with the help of Tate's injury and Slaton's continued fumbling issues. If he can manage to take the workload and play reasonably well, he could easily see 20 touches per game in one of the league's better overall offenses. Somewhat of a risk because of how much Kubiak tends to jump back and forth between guys but has pretty good upside too.

I'm not a huge fan overall of a lot of the mid-level RBs this year...mainly the guys everyone seems to target in this area like Moreno, Wells, Brown, and Benson. I would much rather wait a round or two and take some of these guys instead and they are players I've been targeting in drafts when they've fallen to a round I am willing to grab them in.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Football Talk