Pierre Garcon - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Pierre Garcon

Moderator: Football Moderators

Pierre Garcon

Postby joejlitz » Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:31 am

Garcon will finally see some preseason game action. Garcon has the lockdown on the starting WR gig opposite Wayne.

Starting weak-side linebacker Clint Session and wide receiver Pierre Garcon are among the Colts players expected to see their first action of the preseason against the Green Bay Packers on Thursday night, according to the Indianapolis Star.

Session has missed the first two preseason games with a pectoral muscle injury, while Garcon has had an undisclosed injury. Both returned to practice this week, as did right guard Kyle DeVan, who had a hamstring injury...

Rest of Article: Injury-depleted lineup due for some reinforcements
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Pierre Garcon

Postby sask » Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:38 pm

Anyone know this guys ADP? He seems like a sleeper to me just wondering if more people are catching on to him though.
sask
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 3)

Postby CRob44 » Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:04 pm

no idea, nobody seem to post at this site no more
CRob44
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 69)

Postby joejlitz » Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:20 pm

sask wrote:Anyone know this guys ADP? He seems like a sleeper to me just wondering if more people are catching on to him though.

One site says 5.11, so plan on spending a late 5th or early 6th.

He scored a TD Friday night.
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby bazzy_51 » Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:26 pm

Where he is going in drafts is way, WAY to rich for my blood given his situation. I mean Indy is a gun slinging team, but come on there aren't enough plays in one given game to make anyone but Wayne and Clark worth their draft positions. When you look at the fact that they have to get balls to Wayne, Clark, Garcon, Collie, a now healthy Gonzalez AND still get both Addai and Brown touches out of the backfield you can't possibly tell me that Garcon is worth the essentially WR3 slot hes being drafted for.

Don't get me wrong Garcon is a fine young talent, but when you have that many options its hard to spread it out.

EDIT: If I were to take any of the 3 WR, outside of Wayne or Clark, it would be Anthony Gonzalez. He has a draft value of basically a sleeper pick in the late rounds to take a chance that now that hes back healthy him and Peyton will connect again. On average in dynasty leagues hes being taken as the #53 overall WR (compared to Garcon's #33) and in re-drafts as the #68WR (compared to Garcon's #30).

A big thanks to deluxe_247 for the sweet sig!
bazzy_51
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby HskrPwr13 » Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:06 pm

I like Garcon as a value guy. There seemed to be plenty of balls going around when it was Harrison/Wayne/Stokely/Clark. If Garcon can be the "Wayne" to Wayne's "Harrison" then he ends up being under valued at the end of 5th round.
HskrPwr13
General Manager
General Manager

Postby cpmcda01 » Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:15 pm

HskrPwr13 wrote:I like Garcon as a value guy. There seemed to be plenty of balls going around when it was Harrison/Wayne/Stokely/Clark. If Garcon can be the "Wayne" to Wayne's "Harrison" then he ends up being under valued at the end of 5th round.

I agree. Where were we drafting Wayne when Harrison was a top-5 fantasy WR? I think that is just above where Garcon is worth grabbing.
cpmcda01
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby bazzy_51 » Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:34 am

HskrPwr13 wrote:I like Garcon as a value guy. There seemed to be plenty of balls going around when it was Harrison/Wayne/Stokely/Clark. If Garcon can be the "Wayne" to Wayne's "Harrison" then he ends up being under valued at the end of 5th round.

Agree with the Wayne/Harrison to Garcon/Wayne comparison, to an extent. Starting with Clark, he was drafted in 2003, but wasn't the 'factor' he is now in that offense until 2007, the same year that Harrison was hurt and only played 5 games. Stokely had one good year with Indy, that year yes they had 3 receivers who went for 1000+, but Clark had a miniscule 25rec for 425yds. I guess what I'm saying is yes the 'big 3' in 2004 had nice years, but no one was under 1000yds, but none were over 1250yds, so it was very even, it won't be that way with Wayne this year.

Not to mention those years that all the big guys were there the rest of the receiving core combined for 4rec. So if that happens again whos the odd man out? I can say with the up most confidence that Collie and Gonzalez won't combine for less then 10rec, so who loses? Wayne? Clark? Or Garcon? If I had to pick I would have to say its going to be Pierre, as Wayne and Clark are the cornerstones and they will definitely see theirs.

A big thanks to deluxe_247 for the sweet sig!
bazzy_51
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Goose » Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:59 am

bazzy_51 wrote:Where he is going in drafts is way, WAY to rich for my blood given his situation. I mean Indy is a gun slinging team, but come on there aren't enough plays in one given game to make anyone but Wayne and Clark worth their draft positions. When you look at the fact that they have to get balls to Wayne, Clark, Garcon, Collie, a now healthy Gonzalez AND still get both Addai and Brown touches out of the backfield you can't possibly tell me that Garcon is worth the essentially WR3 slot hes being drafted for.

Don't get me wrong Garcon is a fine young talent, but when you have that many options its hard to spread it out.

EDIT: If I were to take any of the 3 WR, outside of Wayne or Clark, it would be Anthony Gonzalez. He has a draft value of basically a sleeper pick in the late rounds to take a chance that now that hes back healthy him and Peyton will connect again. On average in dynasty leagues hes being taken as the #53 overall WR (compared to Garcon's #33) and in re-drafts as the #68WR (compared to Garcon's #30).

Agree with the above--especially the thoughts about grabbing Gonzalez as a late round value pick--- except that I also feel Wayne is overvalued in drafts. His production is and has been slipping and quite frankly there was minimal difference between Wayne and Garcon. Wayne is a low-end WR2 at best in my book and there are plenty of WR options out there more likely to produce value week in and week out. The best receiving option for consistent points on this roster is Clark.
Goose
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Writer

Postby Guru13 » Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:06 pm

Goose wrote:
bazzy_51 wrote:Where he is going in drafts is way, WAY to rich for my blood given his situation. I mean Indy is a gun slinging team, but come on there aren't enough plays in one given game to make anyone but Wayne and Clark worth their draft positions. When you look at the fact that they have to get balls to Wayne, Clark, Garcon, Collie, a now healthy Gonzalez AND still get both Addai and Brown touches out of the backfield you can't possibly tell me that Garcon is worth the essentially WR3 slot hes being drafted for.

Agree with the above--especially the thoughts about grabbing Gonzalez as a late round value pick--- except that I also feel Wayne is overvalued in drafts. His production is and has been slipping and quite frankly there was minimal difference between Wayne and Garcon. Wayne is a low-end WR2 at best in my book and there are plenty of WR options out there more likely to produce value week in and week out. The best receiving option for consistent points on this roster is Clark.

I'll agree that there are better wr options out there, but what makes you give him the "low end WR2" tag? I mean he does have peyton throwing him the ball still and they are still the colts.
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Next

Return to Football Talk