Pierre Garcon - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Pierre Garcon

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Pierre Garcon

Postby Goose » Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:42 pm

As far as rating several above Fitz, have you seen the Cardinals QB debacle?
Goose
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Writer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby joejlitz » Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:07 pm

Goose wrote:As far as rating several above Fitz, have you seen the Cardinals QB debacle?

Being discussed here: I Hate Matt Leinart
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby bazzy_51 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:35 pm

joejlitz wrote:
Goose wrote:and that their line will better protect AR

What makes you think this? I had Jennings last year and his "poor" season was due in large part to an OL that couldn't give Rogers the time to get the ball downfield. I saw no notable improvement to the OL, so I avoided him again this year. What do you know that I don't? :-?

The fact that everyone judges the GB line on the first half of the season is BS. That line is very solid and was TERRIBLE first half because of injuries and guys having to fill in at multiple positions week to week. Look at the second half starts where they allowed only 9 sacks total in the final 7 games, and the fact that they will be coming into this year with Tauscher back healthy, Clifton looking like hes 100% healthy and at least a few games at the end of the year last year where they all gained experience with each other.

That line is actually very talented, just very underrated. Collidge was slammed last year by the majority of people, especially Packer fans, but what most don't realize is that 5 of those 9 sacks allowed by him were when he started in three games at left tackle, when his is much, MUCH better suited for Left Guard.

Overall if you were gonna question which star position is going to hurt most from the GB line its going to be Grant and the running game. Although Spitz, Lang and Barbre aren't terrific pass blocking linemen (below average is probably the best tag for at least Lang and Barbre) they are highly above average run blockers, where as Colledge, Wells and Tauscher are much better pass blocking linemen. Again chemistry is the biggest thing, and when you throw linemen who don't have much real game time, combo that with the guy next to him not knowing what move hes going to make next and it makes for a messy situation, one that creates 50+ sacks.

I really expect the Packers to have a sacks allowed total under 30 this year at the most and QB hits/hurries to drop big time, thus making Rodgers a high value pick and making Jennings a deep end threat again.

A big thanks to deluxe_247 for the sweet sig!
bazzy_51
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby HskrPwr13 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:17 am

Back to Garcon, how do you all see him compared to a WR3 like a Malcolm Floyd?
HskrPwr13
General Manager
General Manager

Postby tbagz » Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:11 am

HskrPwr13 wrote:Back to Garcon, how do you all see him compared to a WR3 like a Malcolm Floyd?

I like Garcon over Malcom Floyd, Phillip Rivers ain't no slouch but I mean Peyton Manning with Reggie Wayne drawing most of the double coverage and throw Clark in the mix, defenses will always struggle versus the Colts. I think Garcon's stats take a significant increase this year, WR2 for sure. He's got good hands and aggressive running style after the catch. Like an earlier post stated, he's solidified his role opposite of Wayne so that only tells you what the Colts think of him. The only other viable weapon for the Bolts is Antonio Gates, who I am immensely huge on this year as a TE in all formats, they just picked up Patrick Crayton from the Cowboys so I'm really not sure how the WR corps is going to work out in San Diego. I do like Legedu Nanee however I think he is the value pick for the Bolts this year but again Crayton in the mix kind of throws things off depending on what they do with him.
i still hate the steelers...
tbagz
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Goose » Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:35 am

I like Garcon over Floyd also.
Goose
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Writer

Postby SameSongNDance » Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:52 am

I picked up Garcon as my WR3 behind Jennings and Ochocinco in a league where we start 3 WR and I am kind of...ecstatic? I got great value for him. I'm expecting Wayne to drop of slightly this year and Garcon to pick up the slack. Oh hey my WR3 is being thrown to by Peyton Manning. :-D
SameSongNDance
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Previous

Return to Football Talk