TJ Houshmandzadeh (Now A Raven): Undervalued? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

TJ Houshmandzadeh (Now A Raven): Undervalued?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: TJ Houshmandzadeh: Undervalued?

Postby Purple1 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:05 pm

biju wrote:
iloveny18 wrote:if he gets the boot, then who's the WR to target in seattle? Branch?

People will laugh at this, but it's true: Mike Williams. The guy has looked great in preseason, first against the 2nd and 3rd stringers and then again against the ones. He's seriously going to make the entire WR corps much better as he'll take some pressure off Housh and put Branch into a slot role that can be traded off with Deon Butler and Golden Tate.

If Hasselbeck and the O-line can hold up I really believe the Seahawks WRs are going to surprise people. I'm not saying they are in the top 25% of the league or anything, but they were 15th in passing yards/game last year and I don't see them moving down the list in 2010.

I took Sidney Rice late in the 13th round then stashed him on IR and picked up Sea Mike Williams...looking like a pretty good move right now with the trade talks going on.

I saw 2 of seatles preseason games and Williams is looking like he should be the #1 in that offense from what I saw. First time I saw him I was like who the hell is that monster then the announcer said who he was and I was like wtf the Mike Williams from DET? Sure enough it was, its a long shot but why not its the NFL crazy stuff that nobody can predict happens every year.
Purple1
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Kareighuis » Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:52 pm

Is it possible for Seattle to agree to pay part of the 7mill guaranteed while the team that trades for him pays the other half?

If he were to become a FA, could he wind up in Minnesota?
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading." - Henny Youngman

I want a prehensile sucker tail, and I don't want to wait fifty million years.
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)

Postby biju » Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:06 pm

Adam Schefter is reporting that the Seahawks will either trade or cut Houshmandzadeh by Saturday. Housh is guaranteed $7 million regardless of what his next contract is for. I expect some team to come through and pay the league minimum for him for this year now, probably the Vikings.
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Kareighuis » Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:11 pm

biju wrote:Adam Schefter is reporting that the Seahawks will either trade or cut Houshmandzadeh by Saturday. Housh is guaranteed $7 million regardless of what his next contract is for. I expect some team to come through and pay the league minimum for him for this year now, probably the Vikings.

Alternately, Rotoworld had this to say about the Crayton trade- "Crayton, 31, isn't a downfield threat, but fits San Diego's revised offense. Due to issues in pass protection, the Bolts will be more of a dink and dunk team, emphasizing possession-slot receivers like Crayton and Legedu Naanee while relying heavily on Antonio Gates over the middle."

If that's how they will be running the offense, couldn't he be a good addition there?

Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby biju » Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:35 pm

Kareighuis wrote:
biju wrote:Adam Schefter is reporting that the Seahawks will either trade or cut Houshmandzadeh by Saturday. Housh is guaranteed $7 million regardless of what his next contract is for. I expect some team to come through and pay the league minimum for him for this year now, probably the Vikings.

Alternately, Rotoworld had this to say about the Crayton trade- "Crayton, 31, isn't a downfield threat, but fits San Diego's revised offense. Due to issues in pass protection, the Bolts will be more of a dink and dunk team, emphasizing possession-slot receivers like Crayton and Legedu Naanee while relying heavily on Antonio Gates over the middle."

If that's how they will be running the offense, couldn't he be a good addition there?

Probably not after the Crayton trade. Housh makes a good possession receiver if there's a solid #1 already there. I'm thinking Miami should be on the phone with Seattle right now.
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby SetYourselfFree » Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:11 pm

As a Rams fan and a Laurent Robinson owner in my most important league...I really hope they don't trade or sign for any of these bums...
SetYourselfFree
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Kareighuis » Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:15 pm

biju wrote:
Kareighuis wrote:

Probably not after the Crayton trade. Housh makes a good possession receiver if there's a solid #1 already there. I'm thinking Miami should be on the phone with Seattle right now.

Not bad reasoning. My understanding of Marshall's game is he runs short routes and gets yardage after because of his height/weight. I thought Miami was trying to get a speedy, downfield WR to suck the safety away from Marshall, and that's why Hartline has a leg-up on Bess and had on Camarillo. Pairing Marshall with another possession WR, and one who isn't as good at the YAC, doesn't seem like a good idea.

Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

Postby PuntinFool » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:37 pm

Despite Rotoworld's utter hate for the guy, and of course the facts of his ego and decline in full view thanks to the Seattle fallout, I am hoping he lands on a team that makes him that solid WR3/WR4 guy. If Torry Holt could keep finding jobs, Housh should still get a role somewhere. If it's one with a better situation, I'm all for it. ;-D
Retired (temporarily?) from fantasy football.
PuntinFool
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby SetYourselfFree » Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:06 pm

Spoken from a true owner of this wash up
SetYourselfFree
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Purple1 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:15 pm

I'm not a big Housh fan but this just seems like a really dumb move overall. Sombody will pick him up and now your gonna have to pay him to play for another team? Maybe he's more of a primadonna than myself and a lot of people realize but it still seems like you could at least try to work with the guy in some way.

I'm guessing the Jets will pick him up since they seem to be hoarding WR even though they are a running team. According to them they are gonna need a WR to fill in while Holms is suspended and Housh would be perfect.

If its to free up room to trade for VJAX than thats even dumber. Your gonna cut one headcase WR and eat his contract so you can overpay for another headcase who starts the year suspended?

Either way I'm really glad I've avoided Housh the past 2 years.
Purple1
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk