Greg Camarillo - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Greg Camarillo

Moderator: Football Moderators

Greg Camarillo

Postby bazzy_51 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:43 pm

So Greg was just traded from Miami to Minnesota for CB Benny Sapp. Camarillo was an alright possession WR for the Phins, with Rice out for looking like at least 8 weeks and Harvin's migraines (even if Harvin does find the field week 1 with no issues) this has got to now become a sleeper WR to target.

A big thanks to deluxe_247 for the sweet sig!
bazzy_51
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Greg Camarillo

Postby moochman » Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:42 pm

Exhibition season is stranger than fiction. Camarillo seems like a possession, reliable hands type player, no? Don't know that much about him, but he should be a decnet slot receiver?? Seems like Harvin takes the deep threat that RIce had, and I suppose Berrian takes the other wideout, so the slot will be Camarillo unless Javon Walker and Lewis can handle the #2 WR and Berrian the slot. He is worth a late round pick.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby bazzy_51 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:38 pm

Well he has surpassed 50+ receptions the last 2 years. His 'big' year was 2 years ago when he really connected with Penny and went for 55rec, 613yds and 2TDs in only 11 games. Last year he, along with all of the passing game, put on the back burner to begin the season because of the wildcat being used so much, but after injuries to Ronnie Brown and Pat White the passing game was again depended on, thus why the whole Phin's passing offense got a boost.

Camarillo himself wasn't a highly touted WR, but after his return from a torn ACL in 2008 he has rebounded well. Why I say he is a possession WR is because he isn't a vertical threat like Rice and doesn't have the speed of Harvin, not to mention he didn't drop a single ball last year. I was actually really surprised to see Miami had traded him, simply because he is such a dependable receiver (not only great hands, but watching a ton of games hes not scared to stick his neck out to make a catch), but after the acquisition of Marshall in the off-season one of Hartline and Camarillo became expendable because they are essentially the same type of WR. Reason Hartline stayed, in my eyes, is because he is a bit quicker and a Miami invested a bit more in Brian.

Btw, another ESPN screw up, was looking at Miami's depth chart, and apparently Brian Hartline (6'2", 186lbs) turned into Andrew Hartline (an OT, standing 6'5" and weighing 300lbs). Gotta love ESPN sometimes :-b

bazzy_51
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby sask » Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:37 pm

Im not sure he is worth a pick up unless in deeper leagues. He just doesn't seem like a guy to put 6-8 TD's and 800+yds but Ive known to be wrong many times before. Id put him at 2 TDs, 400 yds.
sask
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 3)

Postby bazzy_51 » Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:12 pm

Greg was a WR3 at best last year and even the year before and still put in over 1,000 total yards. Thats in an offense that was ALL run, Minny relies on Adrian quite a bit, but not as much as the 2 back system in Miami. That said I think he has a legit shot, in a good passing offense with one of the best, and better yet another option or 2 that REALLY are worth a damn, at 600-700yd and 4-5TDs with a chance at more if he clicks with Favre at all. Thats very valuable in a few leagues I play in.

bazzy_51
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby bungle613 » Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:19 am

per rotoworld

New addition Greg Camarillo led the Vikings with four receptions for 47 yards in Saturday's preseason game against the Seahawks.

All four of Camarillo's reception came from Brett Favre, as he came on to replace Percy Harvin with the first-team offense. Favre loves to lead his receivers, and he appeared to develop confidence in the sure-handed Camarillo right off the bat. Expect Camarillo to start pushing Greg Lewis for the starting role in three-receiver sets. He's worth a late-round pick in PPR leagues.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Return to Football Talk