Cadilac Williams and the no-hype train - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Cadilac Williams and the no-hype train

Moderator: Football Moderators

Cadilac Williams and the no-hype train

Postby 011472 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:17 pm

Does anyone potential value in Caddy? He's completely unsexy this summer and no one is talking him up. But he's looking like the unquestioned #1 back in Tampa (which is obviously a poor offense) and according to fantasyfootballcalculator, he's the RB with the 35th highest ADP going after committee guys like Mike Bush, Harrison, Ricky Williams, Jacobs and Reggie Bush. This is the same situation as Portis, but there's been a lot of talk about Portis. Caddy is the invisible man.

I understand Huggins is having a great summer, but I've never heard of him as a threat to be anything but the backup.
Head Coach
Head Coach

Matchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Cadilac Williams and the no-hype train

Postby Dan42288 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:21 pm

i drafted him as a # 4 back in two leagues so far and have no problem with that at all. I don't understand the rationale of taking a person splitting carries vs someone who is fairly established unless you are talking about top end picks. Should be a good steal after the season begins.
Dan42288
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby moochman » Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:27 pm

I like Caddy's value this season. If his best competition is Huggins, I like him even more. Huggy is a rookie, and as such is likely to be ineffective in pass protection. That is a no-no for most head coaches. Also, this is exhibition season, Caddy isn't going to push, nor be pushed to take more carries. He is a vet, with a record for production, coming off his first off season not recovering from an injury in years. For where he is going, I am targeting Caddy as a bye week and match-up filler.
Oh, and finishing against the Lions and Seahawks in the playoffs? Bonus. ;-D

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Azrael » Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:01 pm

Extremely good No. 4 back, probably a solid 3. I expect more carries than last year and 7-9 total TDs. Likely very under drafted in mocks
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby biju » Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:39 pm

I'm keeping my eye on Kareem Huggins. He's got legitimate 4.3 speed and has been tearing up 3rd string defenses. Most will say "so what, they're 3rd stringers" but your *supposed* to tear those guys up.

I think there's a real chance Huggins becomes a change of pace for Caddy and might even eat a little into his slice of the pie. It's not like Williams has been really tearing it up down there and has only one 4+ YPC season to his name. But you're right in that he'll likely need to have strong pass blocking skills to really carve a role out for himself.
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby bagobonez » Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:11 pm

I had him last year and even though he got the bulk of the carries, he really didn't help my team all that much. I suppose he's a decent backup and bye-week filler, but he's not going to win you any games. He'll supplement your other guys with 5-7 points, and that's about it.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby captainhotrain » Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:42 am

Since many of my drafts are this weekend I'll let the cat out of the bag on this one. This is a runningback that has breakout written all over it.

Kareem Huggins: This guy's calculated speedscore at a weight of 198 and a estimated 40time of 4.28 is 118 but he went undrafted and therefore no official speedscore. This guy is a burner... from what I've seen he got good open field moves and he's small enough that he hides well behind offensive lines, hits the hole and he's gone. He's faster than Best and SPiller. Watch his 32 yard run in preseason game 1. Tampa's oline has a issues line and you take a oline and an old Cadillac and you got problems. The team needs a slasher to run effectively. I wouldn't be surprised if this guy gets 40% of the team carries. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets 1200 total yards 45receptions 8 TDs and for a 14th or 15th round flyer (5th RB) this could be your golden ticket.
captainhotrain
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Purple1 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:49 am

bagobonez wrote:I had him last year and even though he got the bulk of the carries, he really didn't help my team all that much. I suppose he's a decent backup and bye-week filler, but he's not going to win you any games. He'll supplement your other guys with 5-7 points, and that's about it.

Very true and don't forget that he's proven that he has about a 65% chance of getting a season ending injury every year. Theres plenty of reasons he's going so late....basically hes a poor mans Ronnie Brown on a bad team.

In fact at that point I like his back-up Huggins better than him at least theres potential there.
Purple1
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby biju » Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:20 am

captainhotrain wrote:Since many of my drafts are this weekend I'll let the cat out of the bag on this one. This is a runningback that has breakout written all over it.

Kareem Huggins: This guy's calculated speedscore at a weight of 198 and a estimated 40time of 4.28 is 118 but he went undrafted and therefore no official speedscore. This guy is a burner... from what I've seen he got good open field moves and he's small enough that he hides well behind offensive lines, hits the hole and he's gone. He's faster than Best and SPiller. Watch his 32 yard run in preseason game 1. Tampa's oline has a issues line and you take a oline and an old Cadillac and you got problems. The team needs a slasher to run effectively. I wouldn't be surprised if this guy gets 40% of the team carries. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets 1200 total yards 45receptions 8 TDs and for a 14th or 15th round flyer (5th RB) this could be your golden ticket.

Here's that video:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d819c194d/Kareem-Huggins-35-yard-run

He looks really quick...
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby joejlitz » Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:38 am

moochman wrote:Oh, and finishing against the Lions and Seahawks in the playoffs? Bonus. ;-D

By the time the FF playoffs roll around, he'll be sitting on his couch, eating popcorn, and rehabbing a torn ACL or MCL or whatever he is going to injure this year. ;-)

With that said, he is a great #4 RB to have on the team. But I still take Michael Bush and maybe Jerome Harrison over him (Hardesty still isn't participating in contact drills and has a history of knee problems...which is his current ailment).
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Next

Return to Football Talk