Jermichael finley= antonio gates! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Jermichael finley= antonio gates!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Jermichael finley= antonio gates!

Postby radiohead625 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:31 am

this guy will be a golden god!
radiohead625
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Jermichael finley= antonio gates!

Postby bostonsoxandy » Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:12 am

radiohead625 wrote:this guy will be a golden god!

Well in case you've been neglecting Gates as a No. 1 TE in Fantasy football for the past nine years compared to Finley's zero...here's their career stats comapred:
Gates in 2009-79 catches, 1200 yds, 8 TDs
Finley in 2009-55 catches, 676 yds, 5 TDs (Finley was hurt for 3 games as well)

Now you have to factor in that Gates is now the indisputed No.1 goal line WR and option overall now that VJax is gone...And Finley still plays with the likes of Driver, Jennings, and Donald Lee
bostonsoxandy
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Purple1 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:40 am

Ride that hype train!!!
Purple1
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby joejlitz » Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:32 am

A TD for Finley last night in preseason action. Definitely a lot of hype surrounding him and I'm starting to buy into it. I don't know that I would draft him as high as his ADP, when I can get so much other value later, but he is becoming intriguing.

Anyway - welcome to the Cafe radiohead. Check out our articles and rankings. We've got a great community of folks around here so we hope you add to that! ;-D

And um...why a "golden" god?
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby Azrael » Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:35 am

I'm firmly on the JerMichael Finley hype train. Rodgers loves the guy. He looks for him all the time. I saw an interview with Rodgers by Rich Eisen. Eisen made a point of telling Rodgers he picked him and Jennings on his fantasy team. Rodgers then makes a point of saying basically "I hope you got JerMichael Finley too". Indy has alot of other weapons too and Dallas Clark still caught 100 passes. Finley's a monster to cover and the mismatches he's left with because of other teams' best cover guys taking the WRs is going to leave him with alot of opportunity. Will Finley end up as the No. 1 fantasy TE? Who knows. What I'm pretty certain is that he's in for a huge year. I'd be shocked if he wasn't top 3. So if you want to take him No. 1 go right ahead. I think the guy catches balls in the 80's, has atleast 900 yards and 8TDs.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby default01 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:06 pm

I'm buying into the hype too but am not sure I'll be using a draft pick that high. Gates, Clark, Finley, Celek for me and Celek has the best value. If I miss on him, I'd wait until late for a TE and be looking for Zach Miller or Shiancoe.
default01
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 71)

Postby Azrael » Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:30 pm

I always like to do a comparison of "what are my trade offs" Drafting out of the No. 2 slot I have been experimenting with taking Finely at 4.9 or 5.2 depending on the needs of the guy drafting first and what QBs have fallen to me at the end of Rd 4. So if I take Finley there what am I missing out on at RB for instance? According to ADP, guys like McCoy, Wells, Best, Forte, Brown, Moreno...at WR guys like Crabtree, Steve Smith(s) possibly, Bowe, Ocho Cinco...I'm not really enamored with any of those guys to the point where "I have to have them". In the 5th round I'd likely be selecting one of them as my 2nd or 3rd option. If its a 3rd option, a top TE would definitely be worth more to me. If it's a 2nd, well that depends. I like alot of WRs that are currently falling to me at the end of 6 like MSW, Harvin, Floyd, Knox (once in awhile these guys even come back at the end of 8). I would not be afraid of any of these guys as my 2; in fact I like them better than some of those guys going earlier. I really think if Harvin is healthy he's going to be a very solid atleast the first half of the year. It's obvious he's their biggest play maker and de facto No. 1 WR with Rice out half the year.

I have been tending to grab a 2nd back in the 3rd round instead of going WR/WR there just because I like the backs who are left at the end of 6 better as RB3's and the WRs who are left better as WR2s than the other way around.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby Matthias » Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:45 pm

bostonsoxandy wrote:

Well in case you've been neglecting Gates as a No. 1 TE in Fantasy football for the past nine years compared to Finley's zero...here's their career stats comapred:
Gates in 2009-79 catches, 1200 yds, 8 TDs
Finley in 2009-55 catches, 676 yds, 5 TDs (Finley was hurt for 3 games as well)

Now you have to factor in that Gates is now the indisputed No.1 goal line WR and option overall now that VJax is gone...And Finley still plays with the likes of Driver, Jennings, and Donald Lee

Past performance is no guarantee of future success.

I expect Finley to outperform Gates this year.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bigh0rt » Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:46 pm

joejlitz wrote:And um...why a "golden" god?

Because he's seen Almost Famous.
bigh0rt
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 2)

Postby DaShiz23 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:58 pm

He will most certainly be a target of mine. When though, is too early to grab a guy like this?
DaShiz23
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Next

Return to Football Talk