Jermichael finley= antonio gates! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Jermichael finley= antonio gates!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Jermichael finley= antonio gates!

Postby Matthias » Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:59 pm

DaShiz23 wrote:He will most certainly be a target of mine. When though, is too early to grab a guy like this?

Third round is too early.

Mid-fifth round will probably be too late.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby dgan » Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:13 pm

I think Finley's value is that he is driving the price of the top 3 TEs. That's going to allow value at other positions, and you can still get reliable TEs in their "normal" spot. In my league, that's round 7 or 8. Guys like Celek, Winslow, Witten, Cooley (and Daniels if you buy he's healthy) will be available much later and could be just as productive.

I do think Finley will be a stud, have a breakout year, and could lead TEs in fantasy points. But he's not worth reaching for, IMO. The position is just too deep.
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby justinj312 » Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:20 am

If you have drafted Rodgers, then I think reaching for Finley is OK. Early 5th sounds right.
thx

-justinj312
justinj312
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby radiohead625 » Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:47 pm

bostonsoxandy wrote:
radiohead625 wrote:this guy will be a golden god!

Well in case you've been neglecting Gates as a No. 1 TE in Fantasy football for the past nine years compared to Finley's zero...here's their career stats comapred:
Gates in 2009-79 catches, 1200 yds, 8 TDs
Finley in 2009-55 catches, 676 yds, 5 TDs (Finley was hurt for 3 games as well)

Now you have to factor in that Gates is now the indisputed No.1 goal line WR and option overall now that VJax is gone...And Finley still plays with the likes of Driver, Jennings, and Donald Lee

ya its from almost famous.. one of my favorite movies, but also related to the fact that after this season he will be famous. The guy has the physical tools and is one of rodgers favorite targets. I would reach for him because he'll be in the top 3 and is gonna score points like a receiver this year.
radiohead625
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby LS2throwed » Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:41 am

I had to take Finley in the 4th round of my ppr 12 team draft, Clark was picked 1 spot before me and I had the 6th pick. I took 3 WR's first. I think Finley ends up posting WR1 type numbers. 90/1200/12 type of season and I'll reach for him if I have to without thinking twice. He's impossible to cover, and he looks like priority #1 in the red zone right now, me being a Texas Longhorns fan since forever I had been trying to hype up Finley to as many people as i could for years now and he's everything I thought he would be. Scary part is he isn't even as good as he's going to get yet because he's still incredibly young and raw.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby joejlitz » Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:17 am

radiohead625 wrote:
bostonsoxandy wrote:
radiohead625 wrote:this guy will be a golden god!

Well in case you've been neglecting Gates as a No. 1 TE in Fantasy football for the past nine years compared to Finley's zero...here's their career stats comapred:
Gates in 2009-79 catches, 1200 yds, 8 TDs
Finley in 2009-55 catches, 676 yds, 5 TDs (Finley was hurt for 3 games as well)

Now you have to factor in that Gates is now the indisputed No.1 goal line WR and option overall now that VJax is gone...And Finley still plays with the likes of Driver, Jennings, and Donald Lee

ya its from almost famous.. one of my favorite movies, but also related to the fact that after this season he will be famous. The guy has the physical tools and is one of rodgers favorite targets. I would reach for him because he'll be in the top 3 and is gonna score points like a receiver this year.

I hope so. He fell to me as the 6th TE taken in the 6th, so I took him!
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby tomkatt » Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:49 am

I drafted him in the third round of our 12 teamer for these reasons:

1. As dumb as it sounds, I just didn't like any other players all that much with the pick.

2. I absolutely hate not having a good TE, as it has cost me in the past.

3. I really do think he's going to have an exceptional year, and we have payouts for tops at their position. Think he has a very realistic shot at it.

4. I'm a Packers fan. ;-D
"Sometime during the Pats game last week, I decided that Tomlinson was the best overall running back of my lifetime. There's nothing he can't do: deadly receiver, tough inside runner, explosive to the outside, you name it." - ESPN's Bill Simmons
tomkatt
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Metropolitans » Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:04 am

LS2throwed wrote:I had to take Finley in the 4th round of my ppr 12 team draft, Clark was picked 1 spot before me and I had the 6th pick. I took 3 WR's first. I think Finley ends up posting WR1 type numbers. 90/1200/12 type of season and I'll reach for him if I have to without thinking twice. He's impossible to cover, and he looks like priority #1 in the red zone right now, me being a Texas Longhorns fan since forever I had been trying to hype up Finley to as many people as i could for years now and he's everything I thought he would be. Scary part is he isn't even as good as he's going to get yet because he's still incredibly young and raw.

Boy do I hope youre right about that!!! I was fortunate enough to get him with the 6th pick of the 6th Rd in my 10-Team, Non-PPR League and Im thrilled with that value. I did not target him, infact he just fell to me. Ive heard A LOT of big things predicted for him and i just didnt like anyone in the middle of the 6th Round. Every other Top TE was taken and I didnt wanna be chasing a quality TE all season long so i snagged him and im VERY excited to now be on the Finley Bandwagon!!!
;-D :-D ;-D :-D ;-D :-D ;-D :-D
10Team H2H
(8-1 Record)
QB- Stafford
WR- VJax
WR- Marshall
WR/RB-JNelson
RB- RRice
RB- DMC
TE- Gronkowski
K- Akers
DEF- WW Matchups
Bench- Bradford, Morris, Meachem, JBest, JBaldwin, Ridley
Metropolitans
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bagobonez » Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:35 am

I really like him too, and would be surprised if he doesn't finish top 3. Having said that, if I can get Brent Celek a full round or 2 later, I'm going to wait, which is what i did in my 12 team league. Celek had 900 and 8 TD's last year, and I expect him to duplicate or improve upon those numbers in 2010 with Kolb. I don't see Finley having a drastically better year than 900 and 8 TD's, so I can't justify taking him a round or 2 earlier than guys like Celek and Witten.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby apond16 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:04 am

I wouldnt go as far as comparing the two as equal but I have Finley and I traded away Witten. I think he'll be more productive than a Witten. I really like what he can bring to the tabl;e. Big, fast, athletic, and receiver hands. Look for a breakout year
apond16
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk