Maurice Jones-Drew - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Maurice Jones-Drew

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Maurice Jones-Drew

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:04 pm

JavaDude wrote:
latsprewell20002000 wrote:
Thor wrote:MJD will score double digit fantasy points this week. He will feast on the Eagles defense.

I hope you are right but i would feel much better if he put up 20-30 points. I have owners breathing down my neck trying to get him. The best offer so far was Brees.

Brees? Why didn't you take? You must be super deep at QB... :-?

Well i would have done it but he wouldnt do it. I also dont think MJD is a bum but rather everyone else on his team. I could deal with just MJD getting off to a slow start but i have Deangelo Williams as my other starter so im getting basically NOTHING out of what most thought were 2 of the top 10 RB in football. Sucks.
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby JoshKnows46 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:22 pm

JavaDude wrote:
I hope you are right but i would feel much better if he put up 20-30 points. I have owners breathing down my neck trying to get him. The best offer so far was Brees.

Brees? Why didn't you take? You must be super deep at QB... :-?

Well i would have done it but he wouldnt do it. I also dont think MJD is a bum but rather everyone else on his team. I could deal with just MJD getting off to a slow start but i have Deangelo Williams as my other starter so im getting basically NOTHING out of what most thought were 2 of the top 10 RB in football. Sucks.

i have addai, d.will, and mdj as well, pretty disappointing so far....anquan and vick managed to get me a 1 point win this week, and i won by only 2 points last week, so they haven't cost me yet, but they have made for some very scary close calls, lol.

i think d.will has the best chance to turn it around, mdj's team will always be down in games cus they have the worst defense in the league, and david garrad is complete garbage, but i always thought that mdj could overcome that, their line must be really bad too.

should i try to trade mdj for micheal turner, cus i have a huge jags fan in my league...i'd much rather have mdj, but hard to see him turnin it around.
I only live by 3 rules: Eat Twat, Smoke Pot, and Smile Alot
JoshKnows46
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy Expert

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:53 pm

JoshKnows46 wrote:
JavaDude wrote:Brees? Why didn't you take? You must be super deep at QB... :-?

i have addai, d.will, and mdj as well, pretty disappointing so far....anquan and vick managed to get me a 1 point win this week, and i won by only 2 points last week, so they haven't cost me yet, but they have made for some very scary close calls, lol.

i think d.will has the best chance to turn it around, mdj's team will always be down in games cus they have the worst defense in the league, and david garrad is complete garbage, but i always thought that mdj could overcome that, their line must be really bad too.

should i try to trade mdj for micheal turner, cus i have a huge jags fan in my league...i'd much rather have mdj, but hard to see him turnin it around.

Well the only thing that i dont get is that the Jags have ALWAYS sucked, and always played from behind, and have ALWAYS had Garrard as QB. Nothing has changed other than the fact that now they cant even get MJD going. I dont get it. Its hard to trade him in a keeper league it really is. Hes 25 and the value you would get for him right now is terrible for someone as good as him.
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby atlkid » Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:06 pm

Jaguars coach Jack Del Rio was noncommittal Wednesday when asked about Maurice Jones-Drew's (knee) status for Week 16 against Washington.

Asked if MJD might miss the game, Del Rio replied "I hope not. ... The way I look at it, we're always optimistic. We get the information to go through the week. Get the feedback from the player, from the trainer, from the doctors and all that, then make a determination."

Source: Florida Times Union
atlkid
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Black » Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:27 pm

Rotoworld is saying he's going to miss Sunday. All you MJD owners either get another option ready or pick up Jennings.
Black
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Flyn high again » Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:33 pm

Jennings projected points have skyrocketed in Yahoo and CBS projections. Not good news for MJD owners. I grabbed Jennings in both leagues and am going to watch for news all morning tomorrow. If MJD is not playing, Jennings may end up as a top ten RB for the day. Great match up, on a team that needs to win, playing a DEF that has two starting linemen out, has allowed nearly two rushing TDs each week recently and will be outclassed by Jacksonville.
Go Bears!
Flyn high again
Head Coach
Head Coach

Re: Maurice Jones-Drew (doubtful for week 16)

Postby Flyn high again » Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:38 am

MJD is OUT for the week 16 game. Hope you all grabbed Jennings.
Go Bears!
Flyn high again
Head Coach
Head Coach

Re: Maurice Jones-Drew (doubtful for week 16)

Postby scottaa1 » Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:05 am

Per ESPN, MJD out week 17; will have knee scoped.

http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?w=1a826& ... &topslot=1
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Previous

Return to Football Talk