Bush better than Thomas? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Bush better than Thomas?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Bush better than Thomas?

Postby bagobonez » Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:50 pm

u_fig_eater wrote:Pierre Thomas: 22 Touches, 86 yards from scrimmage, 1 TD
Reggie Bush: 7 Touches, 47 yards from scrimmage, 0 TD.

Hmmm.

Started out pretty ominous though when the Saints had 9 total yards rushing in the entire first half. Then the passing game stopped working so Payton turned to Pierre who delivered. Made it look like the Saints pretty much only want to run if they absolutely have to. But man they were effective when they did it, the "Williams Wall" couldn't stop the Saints from picking up first down after first down on the ground to close that game out.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby u_fig_eater » Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:57 pm

Those are good points, but neither support the claim that Bush is better than Thomas.

If you only get two carries in a game, you are nowhere near start-able, much less a feature back.
Ball Breaker Keeper League: Beast Mode 8-5 #2 seed
u_fig_eater
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby bagobonez » Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:14 pm

u_fig_eater wrote:Those are good points, but neither support the claim that Bush is better than Thomas.

If you only get two carries in a game, you are nowhere near start-able, much less a feature back.

No I agree, I think Thomas is definitely better than Bush, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Thomas put up some stinkers in those games where the Saints don't really need to turn to the running game.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Wenchtamer » Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:40 am

Well based on those numbers, Bush did more with his touches, and they should have used him more.

I don't believe Bush is "better", just sayin'.
Wenchtamer
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicCafe Musketeer

Postby RBManiac » Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:08 am

I think there is too much under and over value talk about reggie bush.

Everyone is missing the point. Lynal, and mike bell are not there anymore which means more touches for reggie bush, and more touches for pierre thomas.

In PPR, bush still maintains good value in the 6th for a 10team league. You got to remember, the last time bush was in this situation was 2008 where in only 10 games he played he finished 10th Fantasy RB. Now bush is feeling as good as he did his rookie season as far as health is concerned.
He posted 5 catches for 33 against a really tuff vikings defense today. He caught 5 of 6 targets, and carried the ball twice for 14yrds...he was more effective than PT on a per touch basis.

PT touched the ball 22 times to Bushes 7, which is strong indication he will indeed be the lead guy. But dont fool yourselves, Reggie Bush is the more effective back indeed. Last year he posted a 5.6YPC...thats a major jump from 3.8. IF you look at the replay of his first run today, you can tell he finished it off like he does every time. In PPR, Bush is easily a top 20 back or better.

And for those saying bush has no upside are completely wrong. He has Major upside barring injury. and even so..I can expect bush to touch the ball 10-15 times a game, weather its a rush attempt, or a catch. He will get the ball and he will be effective every time. He is a very valuable RB3/flex in ppr.

Oh, and i like Hightower better than bush too. Hightower is a better all around back than wells i think(My opinion)
RBManiac
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Big Game JLo » Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:11 am

Did anyone else get the feeling that Bush was pissed off every time he touched the ball in Thursday's opening day game against the Vikings? Every time after he was tackled, he constantly was pounding the ground in disgust, as if he felt he should have done more. He never seemed content with what he just did. There was only one play that I felt he could have finished better (a play where he pick up a good 15 yards, ending in a failed attempt to leap over the open field defender - he should have lowered his shoulder and finished the run), but otherwise, I didn't understand what he was so pissed about.
Big Game JLo
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Previous

Return to Football Talk