CRob44
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 69)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Kevin Kolb

Postby dgan » Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:18 pm

I have thought all along he'd be an adequate fantasy QB. They are not going to run the ball, so by default he'll put up good fantasy numbers.

But he's going to find out what McNabb knew all along. Their offense is predictable, their pass protection is suspect, and it is hard to score in the red zone. I like Andy Reid, but this offense has failed to be consistent for a long time now. Add into that a first year starting QB and I think there are definite growing pains to be expected. Not to mention, I think Kolb is one of the more likely QBs to take some nasty hits/sacks - I'm surprised if he starts 16 games.
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby mattb47 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:08 pm

Because he's incredibly overrated...I've been pretty down on him compared to where people are placing him in their QB rankings all off-season. His games last year came against awful passing defenses and he still had a mediocre at best TD/INT ratio. I think he'll be overdrafted all over and will fail to perform up to what people are drafting him for.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby AsianChexMix » Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:03 am

He reminds me of Jay Cutler that year where he exploded onto the scene although I do not see the same outcome. I'd say have a back up QB as the risk is there. With that being said, I think Akers might have a little more value as a kicker, if people even care about kickers.
AsianChexMix
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby justinj312 » Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:42 am

The OL has been injured, makeshift, and shoddy. It looks like a jailbreak out there on known passing downs. Even Vick couldn't escape the pressure up the middle. Hard to judge a QB under those circumstances.
The OL is the bigger issue right now.
thx

-justinj312
justinj312
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Purple1 » Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:52 am

I had not planed on drafting him but..........things didn't work out exactly how I wanted so now I'm stuck with Kolb and Le D'uchebag Rapeist as my QB's. I was also going to take Alex Smith for the 3-headed monster platoon but he got snatched up three picks before I was gonna take him:/

Kinda kicking myself for not just taking Smith over Kolb in the first place but hindsight is 20/20 as they say.

The good thing is Philly is a pass first team so as long as he can stay upright he'll get the oppertunities. The Deshaun injury dosen't sound good which dosen't help either. I'm fully expecting high yardage with more INT's than TD's early on in the year which dosen't bode well for the start of my season.
Purple1
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby joejlitz » Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:05 pm

dgan wrote:I have thought all along he'd be an adequate fantasy QB...

Said as if the season were over already. ;-)
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby dgan » Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:57 pm

joejlitz wrote:
dgan wrote:I have thought all along he'd be an adequate fantasy QB...

Said as if the season were over already. ;-)

Well, my draft is over - so, in that sense, it is. :-b
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby no2leads » Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:18 pm

injuries withstanding (sounds like Jackson will be fine, even if he sits last pre season game) Kolb should be fine. NFC East going to host lot of high scoring games this year, far from D- Orientated like NFC east of old. Dallas only team with decent D last year and by all accounts their D won't be as good. good weapons, good pass catching RB, coach who refuses to stick to the run - nothing to worry about with K-Square.
no2leads
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby u_fig_eater » Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:05 pm

Last year I noticed that he stares down who he's throwing to. Admittedly, I haven't seen anything he's done this preseason. So I don't know if he's corrected that problem. If he hasn't, it's going to be a problem when he's throwing against zone coverage.
Ball Breaker Keeper League: Beast Mode 8-5 #2 seed
u_fig_eater
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Next

Return to Football Talk