Michael Bush - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Michael Bush

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Michael Bush breaks thumb

Postby HomerJay » Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:18 am

Yeah I have him as well in one of my leagues. Appearently the procdure they did to his thumb won't require a cast...just some padding. I love how McFadden seized this opportunity by rushing 7 for 9.....stunning.
He who laughs last...thinks slowest
HomerJay
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy Expert
Home Cafe: Football

Postby HomerJay » Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:47 am

Roto:

Michael Bush described his thumb injury Tuesday, calling it a "Bennett fracture" and detailing his surgery.

The surgery inserted screws in Bush's left thumb, done to align bone fragments. He did not give a timetable for return. Bush could presumably carry the ball only with his right hand, though the Raiders' coaching staff may balk at that idea since Bush is a southpaw. His status for Week 1 is unknown.

bummer
He who laughs last...thinks slowest
HomerJay
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy Expert

Postby hoosier1032 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:12 pm

Per Rotoworld:

Beat writer Jerry McDonald suggests Michael Bennett (thumb surgery) could miss "up to a quarter of the season or more."

Unbelievable :~( Drafted as my RB4 with high hopes.
hoosier1032
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 4)

Michael Bush out one month?

Postby tcwhy » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:05 am

Time to move Darren McFadden up the draft board slightly...

Beat writer Jerry McDonald suggests Michael Bush (thumb surgery) could miss "up to a quarter of the season or more."

The Raiders aren't providing a timetable. McDonald, after consulting with an orthopedic surgeon, believes Bush is "highly unlikely" to be ready to play in the opener. The doctor advised that 4-6 weeks would be a "best case scenario" for a return from "Bennett's fracture" surgery. As Bush is a running back, it's unlikely that he'll be able to play with a "club" over his hand. Darren McFadden will enter the season as the starter with Michael Bennett as the backup.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/player ... 88&id=4156
tcwhy
Water Boy
Water Boy

Re: Michael Bush (could miss one month)

Postby hoosier1032 » Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:26 pm

Any updates on Bush's status?
hoosier1032
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 4)

Postby joejlitz » Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:54 am

hoosier1032 wrote:Any updates on Bush's status?

OAK isn't saying he won't play in Week 1:

News: Oakland still isn't saying whether running back Michael Bush will play against the Titans in Week 1. Bush suffered a broken thumb against the 49ers in the preseason and underwent surgery. He wore a thick white cast on his left hand Sunday while working out and running on his own.

Analysis: There are reports that have surfaced saying Bush could miss the first month of the season, but they haven't come from the Raiders, who have held they don't know his status heading into Week 1. This appears to be an issue that could come down to the team's first injury report on Friday or even worse -- a game-time decision. It does, however, appear that Bush is going to be an injury-risk Fantasy option for Week 1. For those still drafting, consider Bush in the mid-to-late rounds as a low-end No. 3/high-end No. 4 Fantasy RB since Oakland still intends to use him in the running game this season, alongside Darren McFadden.

CBS Sportsline.com
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby bazzy_51 » Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:52 pm

From what I've seen its sounding more and more like Bush will at least play Week 1, which is far better then the original diagnosis. Apparently the report that came out about him being out 4-6 weeks came from a doctor who hasn't even had contact with Bush or his thumb.

I have also drafted Bush in 2 leagues and see him splitting Week 1 and possibly Week 2, but from there on I think its all Bush time. McFadden hasn't shown jack to even be worth bumping up the draft boards even IF Bush sees limited to no action in the first week or 2.

A big thanks to deluxe_247 for the sweet sig!
bazzy_51
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby vrOOm » Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:24 pm

Per Rotoworld:

Michael Bush was a near-full participant in Raiders practice Monday, and sported a smaller wrap on his surgically repaired thumb.
A previous report had Bush out 4-6 weeks or longer, but it's worth keeping in mind that the story's source was a doctor who's had no direct contact with the Raiders' running back. It appears he's still got a shot to play in Week 1. Owners shouldn't count on starting Darren McFadden at Tennessee just yet. Sep. 6 - 4:05 pm et
Source: Vittorio Tafur on Twitter

;-D
vrOOm
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby JavaDude » Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:32 pm

Michael Bush (thumb) is listed as questionable for Week 1.

He did little in practice Thursday or Friday, so the odds are against Bush suiting up at Tennessee. Coach Tom Cable did say Bush has "improved," adding that the running back "Took reps, caught the ball, ran with it, it’s a matter of how it reacts, how it responds." Darren McFadden remains likely to start against a Titans team that led the AFC in preseason run defense.
Source: Oakland Tribune
JavaDude
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby sadlyajetsfan » Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:33 pm

This is good news even if he doesn't suit up for week 1. I need him in there for week 4 which seems pretty certain.
sadlyajetsfan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk