Arian Foster - where does he rank now? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Arian Foster - where does he rank now?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Arian Foster - where does he rank now?

Postby Lucky7 » Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:52 pm

Foster has locked down the starting gig and looks very impressive on a dynamic offense. Slaton has turf toe and is pretty much out of the picture for now. I see foster as a top 20 rb, in the same tier as Moreno, Stewart, forte, and maybe even ahead of them.
Lucky7
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Arian Foster - where does he rank now?

Postby Guru13 » Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:01 pm

I feel like theres already a thread on this somewhere, but considering how he's looked and his lack of competition anymore, I'd say he has the potential to be a top10 rb pretty easily. I don't think I'd draft him in the second round, but there's no way he's making it through the 4th.
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby JoshKnows46 » Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:35 pm

FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:I feel like theres already a thread on this somewhere, but considering how he's looked and his lack of competition anymore, I'd say he has the potential to be a top10 rb pretty easily. I don't think I'd draft him in the second round, but there's no way he's making it through the 4th.

really?, thought i could get him in the 5th after welker, really would like to get both those guys, would i be able to get welker in the 5th, or will i probable miss out on one of them. in a 10 team league, who should i target first?
I only live by 3 rules: Eat Twat, Smoke Pot, and Smile Alot
JoshKnows46
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy Expert

Postby Guru13 » Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:50 pm

JoshKnows46 wrote:
FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:I feel like theres already a thread on this somewhere, but considering how he's looked and his lack of competition anymore, I'd say he has the potential to be a top10 rb pretty easily. I don't think I'd draft him in the second round, but there's no way he's making it through the 4th.

really?, thought i could get him in the 5th after welker, really would like to get both those guys, would i be able to get welker in the 5th, or will i probable miss out on one of them. in a 10 team league, who should i target first?

I've been in quite a few ppr drafts recently and Foster hasn't made through the first 3 picks of the 5th here as of late. And I think that'll continue after last nights game. If I was to target both Foster and Welker, I personally would take Foster first - but that's cause I'm really down on Welker this year, so I can't really give an unbiased opinion on that one.
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby B3N1ZJAM1N » Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:58 pm

Pick foster 1st, then go with welker. You won't regret it, scouts honor.
B3N1ZJAM1N
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter

Postby joejlitz » Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:36 pm

I've done about 6 mocks in standard leagues over the last 2 days. Foster has gone fifth once, mostly 6th and maybe 7th. I would say 3rd round was an overzealous owner. I don't think that is where he will mostly go.

I took him in the 5th of my real $$ league today and my friends laughed at me for taking him early (at least the ones who didn't even know who he was).
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby Azrael » Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:46 pm

I think if you're in an educated league the guy isn't getting through the 5th, maybe not the 4th. So first thing is to know your league. The guy is in a perfect situation. I think about it and really the only reason he isn't one of the first 10 backs off the board is because he's "unproven". He's on one of the best offenses in the league, has really no competition for carries, and he's going to catch alot of passes as well. It's almost like stealing if you select him after the third round and he does what all things indicate he will do.

My brother was showing me his team in an 8 teamer that drafted about 3 weeks ago; then we started perusing the WW and Foster was sitting there. I was like "you need to pick him up".
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby joejlitz » Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:58 pm

Azrael wrote:I think if you're in an educated league the guy isn't getting through the 5th, maybe not the 4th. So first thing is to know your league. The guy is in a perfect situation. I think about it and really the only reason he isn't one of the first 10 backs off the board is because he's "unproven". He's on one of the best offenses in the league, has really no competition for carries, and he's going to catch alot of passes as well. It's almost like stealing if you select him after the third round and he does what all things indicate he will do.

My brother was showing me his team in an 8 teamer that drafted about 3 weeks ago; then we started perusing the WW and Foster was sitting there. I was like "you need to pick him up".

Of course last year's HOU RB that was taken in the first round was much hyped, too. ;-)

And it killed me. :-[

But I believe in Foster. I saw him play last night and dude has some serious quickness and elusiveness.
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby TheDiplomats » Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:53 pm

joejlitz wrote:
Azrael wrote:I think if you're in an educated league the guy isn't getting through the 5th, maybe not the 4th. So first thing is to know your league. The guy is in a perfect situation. I think about it and really the only reason he isn't one of the first 10 backs off the board is because he's "unproven". He's on one of the best offenses in the league, has really no competition for carries, and he's going to catch alot of passes as well. It's almost like stealing if you select him after the third round and he does what all things indicate he will do.

Of course last year's HOU RB that was taken in the first round was much hyped, too. ;-)

And it killed me. :-[

But I believe in Foster. I saw him play last night and dude has some serious quickness and elusiveness.

He looked very impressive. I think he has a chance to finish as a top 10 fantasy RB in Houston's offense. I wouldn't let him slip past the 3rd round at this point. Foster is a much bigger and more powerful back than Slaton. Assuming he can stay healthy and doesn't have a recurrence of poor work ethic (that's what made him go undrafted and why he wasn't the starter til the end of last year), I'd rank him as a solid RB2.
TheDiplomats
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby jhoefen » Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:20 pm

Fantasy Index has him ranked the #10 RB and that was before his last preseason game. In my $$ league he woun't make it out of the second! (because i'll take before then)
jhoefen
Water Boy
Water Boy

Next

Return to Football Talk