Anyone Follow any Insiders on Twitter to get quick news? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Anyone Follow any Insiders on Twitter to get quick news?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Anyone Follow any Insiders on Twitter to get quick news?

Postby vykeengfan » Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:40 pm

Upset that I missed the news on a baseball trade, I decided to sign up for Twitter so that I could be made aware of transactions that could have an effect on my fantasy teams. I signed up about two days ago, and received text msgs re: the releases of Bryant and Coles both before they i saw them online. So far, these are the "insiders" that I'm following (for both football and baseball):
Adam Schefter
Eric Karabell
Tristan Cockcroft
Matthew Berry
therotofeed
nfl_football
fantasyInsider

I also follow OchoCinco cuz that dude is funny, although he's tweeted about a thousand times already since I've signed up and I'm close to dropping him, haha.

Who do you guys follow, if anyone?
vykeengfan
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Anyone Follow any Insiders on Twitter to get quick news?

Postby bagobonez » Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:28 pm

I follow Adam Schefter and Bryan Broaddus. i used to follow Ocho Cinco and Terrell Owens but they overload my pages with senseless crap, so I dropped them. Otherwise I follow a few Cowboys players, Tashard CHoice, Dez Bryant, Miles Austin to name a few.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Guru13 » Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:18 pm

Adam Schefter, Chris Mortensen and Peter King. Just picked those three for some reason.
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 5)

Postby portisfan24 » Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:31 pm

I don't have a Twitter but does Jason La Canfora have one? For the unenlightened he is the new guy for NFLN replacing Shefter. I think he gets scoops because the league wants everyone to get NFLN. Shefter would be a good one too he seems to break a lot of stories.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby vykeengfan » Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:47 pm

thanks for the suggestions, guys. ;-D
i don't know why i didn't think peter king before; i love his articles. la canfora was a great suggestion. he is the "breaking news" guy for nfln, and so far he's tweeted some pretty interesting things.
now i just need to get the whole twitter thing figured out so i can msg these guys or at least join in on discussions that they have.
vykeengfan
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 6)

Postby Big A$$ TDs » Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:00 am

Damn good info guys, i got a Twitter account this past football season, tried to follow the players i had, but i make so may trades that got old in a hurry.

I was asking in a different thread on here, about how to get your ff news the fastest. Basically i admit I'm addicted. if i could get updates wired directly to my brain id consider it if i thought it really gave me an advantage, lol

Not to get too far off topic, but does anyone know of an online, few hundred dollar stakes, ff site that has full week long FCFS waiver wire rules? I've only been able to find sites with salary wire rules. I just figure if you're into getting the latest news fast from Twitter or where ever, it would be foolish not to use that knowledge to your advantage, and get to the waiver wire gold first if say Gore broke his hip getting out of bed and Kendall Hunter was just sitting there to be had :-)
Big A$$ TDs
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 5)

Postby thebigsmooth » Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:12 am

I haven't used twitter before. If I follow these guys it will send me a text? Will it count towards my allotted texts with my cell service? I have an iPhone so I assume there is an app.
thebigsmooth
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 4)

Postby daullaz » Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:13 am

thebigsmooth wrote:I haven't used twitter before. If I follow these guys it will send me a text? Will it count towards my allotted texts with my cell service? I have an iPhone so I assume there is an app.

All you need is the Twitter app. Then, when you follow someone, their tweets will appear in your Twitter app. I don't think texting gets involved at all (although it may be an option on the Twitter page).
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 38)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby m16a » Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:22 am

Texting will be involved if you do not have a web based app for the iphone. Plenty of them exist, so you shouldn't have trouble finding one. I stay on top of my tweets via texts since I don't have internet. It's a little clunky, but I really don't mind much. Good way to keep on top of news and sports and whatnot.
Props to Deluxe for the sig
There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action.
- Goethe
m16a

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 47)

Postby thebigsmooth » Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:32 am

Yeah thanks. I got set up earlier. Downloaded the Twitter app for the iPhone. I will see whats out there.

Thanks
thebigsmooth
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 4)

Next

Return to Football Talk