Can the Vikes beat detroit? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Can the Vikes beat detroit?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby srthree » Fri Nov 21, 2003 11:12 pm

If the Vikes can stop that power/speed combination of the Detroit running game and get past that tough seconday, they have a chance of pulling it out.

Detroit beat Oakland

Detroit beat Chicago who beat both San Diego and Oakland who each beat Minnesota

Any given Sunday...
srthree
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby 4Pack » Fri Nov 21, 2003 11:18 pm

The Vikes almost remind me of the Rams a few years back during their lst SB run. Loads of talent on offense...but lacking on defense bigtime. The Rams had too put up 35 points too insure themselves a win and I see the Vikes having too do much the samething. Biggest problem is (besides the defense)....they do not have a complement too Randy Moss at WR. If they could have gotten Kevin Johnson on waivers...he would have made a hell of a difference I believe.

Still.....they are just as capable of going on a 6 game winning streak too close out the regular season as they are too finish 2-3 or 3-3. I do believe they will win Sunday and I think they will handily. As M-Zimm said...this is a must win for the Vikes. A loss Sunday and the Vikes would be unable too turn it around even though they would still be at worst tied for the NFC North lead. They would then have too hope that the Packers continue their up and down season (which is also very possible).
4Pack
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby moochman » Sat Nov 22, 2003 7:56 pm

I think that the bigredfraud is wrong, but the point of this posting was not who will win. 3Tbone should have titled this post; My Packers have won 3 Superbowls and you sucka** Vikes have 0. Na-na, na na na. Thinly veiled,3T.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Re: Can the Vikes beat detroit?

Postby Purple_Pride » Sun Nov 23, 2003 10:31 am

TTTBone wrote:I've lived through three championships, and every win is just gravy now.

Live in the past all you want, neglect the present becasue your team isnt winning but right now today the Vikes are ahead of the Packers, what Vikings teams did in the 70's have no impact on what Viking teams will do now. (note im not implying that the Vikes will win the SB this year)
"When the truth walks away who is gonna stay? Cause the truth about the world is that crime does pay?"

RICHARD
Purple_Pride
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Previous

Return to Football Talk