I hate Matt Leinart - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

I hate Matt Leinart

Moderator: Football Moderators

I hate Matt Leinart

Postby Kareighuis » Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:40 pm

Despise him. DESPISE. His apparent sense of entitlement pisses me off, and now that Derek Anderson actually competed, he reportedly is now atop the depth chart.

I inherited a dynasty team where he was my QB2/3. I would have traded him for a box of tampons. Neither are useful to me, but at least the tampons wouldn't piss me off. I paired him with Gore to get (among other things) a QB2 upgrade to Henne- thanks C4L!

Some choice quotes after his horrible preseason performances and subsequent demotion-
Waiting For Answers- "I have outplayed the competition (in) training camp and preseason... I really want an explanation and I haven’t been given one.”
Bitter Leinart talks about not starting- "It is disappointing and a little bit frustrating. I can’t sit up here and say I’m happy and all smiles... I’m not exactly sure why this decision was made, but it’s not my decision.”
-"If it’s open competition, I think you need equal opportunity." How many more offseason/TC/preseason snaps with the 1st offense have you had over Anderson?

:-t
Last edited by Kareighuis on Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading." - Henny Youngman

I want a prehensile sucker tail, and I don't want to wait fifty million years.
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: I hate Matt Leinart

Postby dgan » Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:25 pm

;-D

Not much to add. That pretty much says it all. Dude is a total waste of space.
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby bungle613 » Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:28 pm

No arguments from me. Should this be in player updates... Leinart = douche?
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Tony Micelli » Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:51 am

Do any of you think Derek Anderson has a shot to be successful and a starter for Ari the whole season?
QB's - Rodgers, Stafford

RB's - McFadden, J. Starks, Sproles, Felix Jones,DeMarco Murray

WR's -Larry Fitzgerald, M. Williams (TB), Julio Jones, Eric Decker, Antonio Brown

TE - Dustin Keller, Jake Ballard

K - J. Kasay

Def - Jets, 49ers
Tony Micelli
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ZeroPointZero » Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:09 pm

I, too, am starting to wonder how legit Derek Anderson might be. Obviously he has great receivers. He had that one pretty awesome run with the Browns... I still just don't know anything about him. I'll be picking him up if he shows any early season flashes of brilliance, since my QB situation is extremely questionable.

So far all he has done is beat Leinart for a starting job. Everyone does that. Collect your paycheck and shut your mouth, Leinart. You are now the obvious bad pick out of the VY, Leinart, Cutler trio.
12 team H2H league, standard scoring, no PPR.
QB: Cutler, Kitna
RB: All Day AP, CJ2K, F.Jax, R.Brown, S. Greene, Dixon
WR: G. Jennings, Roy Williams, M. Williams (sea)
TE: J. Tamme
Def: Denver
K: Hartley, Carpenter
ZeroPointZero
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Cuffs » Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:30 pm

I drafted Anderson late (14th rd) to take a flier on him. His 2007 year with the Browns was great in terms of numbers, (3700 yards/29 TDs/19 Ints), but he was still completing a pedestrian 56%.

I'm banking on the fact that the Arizona OLine is a huge upgrade over the Browns, and their receivers are head and shoulders better. Fitzgerald/Breaston/Doucette vs. Braylon Edwards/Kellen Winslow/Jurivicius.

In a 16 round draft, I wish I'd picked up another QB for safety's sake. But IMO, Anderson could surprise people in a pass-friendly offense with a great WR like Fitz.
Cuffs
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Response Team
(Past Year: 35)

Postby moochman » Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:39 pm

Kareighuis wrote:Despise him. DESPISE. :-t

Oddly enough, I've heard that Leinart, an avid cereal eater, happens to hate Special K. So there's some symmetry for ya. :-b

As to your other beef, he has been very disappointing in not seeming to realize that his career is flashing before his eyes. Maybe he got paid too much to go to USC and thinks he's earned respect for college glory. Sorry Kegger, you could fill a college all-star roster out of studs who never made the next step. Looking like we'll be adding Leinart to that growing list of busts.

BTW - Anderson will implode and give primadonna another chance to walk the walk.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby B3N1ZJAM1N » Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:20 pm

Ya he's definitely not a wheaties man :-t
B3N1ZJAM1N
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter

Postby dgan » Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:32 pm

DA is a Favre-like gunslinger. Those guys make enough bad decisions in good offenses - put them on the Browns and they the only way to stop the INT is to give up a sack.

So, like Favre, a receiver like Fitz can right a multitude of wrongs. I don't know how valuable DA will be for fantasy leaguers, but Fitz just shot right back up into the top 3 for me. He's going to get more jump balls than he can shake a stick at. (which makes no sense, I know...)
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby Kareighuis » Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:37 am

moochman wrote:
Kareighuis wrote:Despise him. DESPISE. :-t

Oddly enough, I've heard that Leinart, an avid cereal eater, happens to hate Special K. So there's some symmetry for ya. :-b

As to your other beef, he has been very disappointing in not seeming to realize that his career is flashing before his eyes. Maybe he got paid too much to go to USC and thinks he's earned respect for college glory. Sorry Kegger, you could fill a college all-star roster out of studs who never made the next step. Looking like we'll be adding Leinart to that growing list of busts.

BTW - Anderson will implode and give primadonna another chance to walk the walk.

:-b As it happens, I'm eating cereal now, and hate Special K too.

I'm not so certain DA will implode. Fitz makes any QB relevant, while a good running game can (not will, can) keep the pressure off.

More importantly, two rookies sit behind Anderson- John Skelton and Max Hall. Both have been impressive enough that a rumor's out there the Cardinals would be comfortable trading/cutting Leinart. Skelton's the big-armed QB (sometimes compared to either Big Ben or Flacco) who needs to work on his mechanics and decision-making. Hall is the heady dink-and-dunk system passer.

I could see Arizona struggling this year and turning to the rookies about 2/3 or 3/4 of the way through the season to test drive them.

Cuffs, regarding the Arizona/Cleveland offensive line comparison- both are regularly ranked near each other. This one had widest gap of all the ones I saw. Cleveland's isn't nearly as bad as people think.
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading." - Henny Youngman

I want a prehensile sucker tail, and I don't want to wait fifty million years.
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 4)

Next

Return to Football Talk