I hate Matt Leinart - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

I hate Matt Leinart

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: I hate Matt Leinart

Postby iamgregg » Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:30 am

This thread is seriously going over the top and out of control here.

Special K is a pretty good cereal, in my opinion.
iamgregg
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Cuffs » Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:39 am

[quote="Kareighuis] ... Cuffs, regarding the Arizona/Cleveland offensive line comparison- both are regularly ranked near each other. This one had widest gap of all the ones I saw. Cleveland's isn't nearly as bad as people think.[/quote]

I stand corrected. Maybe it was Anderson's fault all along, then. Still, the receivers are unquestionably better in Arizona.
Cuffs
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 35)

Postby bagobonez » Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:46 am

Kareighuis wrote:Cuffs, regarding the Arizona/Cleveland offensive line comparison- both are regularly ranked near each other. This one had widest gap of all the ones I saw. Cleveland's isn't nearly as bad as people think.

Pro Football Focus has the Browns as the 8th best offensive line (9th in the run, 9th in the pass, 10th in penalties) and the Cardinals with the 27th best offensive line (11th in the run, 32nd in the pass, 22nd in penalties). Joe Thomas is the best tackle in the league, that goes a long way towards making your line good.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby u_fig_eater » Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:38 pm

Revealing quote from Anquan Boldin:

Ravens receiver Anquan Boldin, who played with Leinart in Arizona, said he's not surprised that Leinart didn't secure the starting job.

"That's just because I've been there and witnessed the relationship between both Matt and Coach Whisenhunt," Leinart told 105.7 The Fan in Baltimore. "So I'm actually not surprised."

So far, Leinart has outperformed Anderson.

[Anderson] has completed 31 of 53 passes (59 percent) for 287 yards and two touchdowns, with two interceptions.

Leinart has completed 83 percent (19 of 23) of his passes, most of them short-range throws, for 161 yards and one touchdown with no interceptions.

The common accusation is that Leinart is settling for shorter throws than Anderson. Anderson, however, has a shorter YPA (5.4) than Leinart (7.0).*

As Boldin, and Leinart himself said, his benching has nothing to do with his performance and everything to do with the fact Whisenhunt doesn't like him.

*To give you an idea of how bad DA has played, Seattle ranked 24th in the NFL with 5.39 YPA last year. The Giants ranked 9th last year with 7.0 YPA.
Ball Breaker Keeper League: Beast Mode 8-5 #2 seed
u_fig_eater
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby 2ksports » Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:09 pm

I was just going to post that. Leinart has clearly outplayed DA, but Wisenhunt already made up his mind. I don't like Matt Leinart as a person, but he deserves the starting job if you only consider stats. If you consider the fact that he got those stats under that type of extreme pressure, it's even more impressive.

Unfortunately, he has an attitude problem.
2ksports
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 2)

Postby B3N1ZJAM1N » Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:41 pm

If you want to know/read more about the situation you can go article/tips and the read the article I wrote about it. Make sure to look at the great articles michael wrote also.
B3N1ZJAM1N
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Kareighuis » Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:54 pm

B3N1ZJAM1N wrote:If you want to know/read more about the situation you can go article/tips and the read the article I wrote about it. Make sure to look at the great articles michael wrote also.

I disagree with the end conclusion and the logic applied, but I did like the flow of the article. And, who's "michael"?

Any thoughts on this from Rotoworld- "The Cardinals should keep close tabs on Batch's situation. Pittsburgh may opt to carry only Byron Leftwich and Dennis Dixon until Ben Roethlisberger returns, making Batch a free agent. The 35-year-old doesn't have a whole lot left, but is familiar with Arizona's coaching staff and would figure to be a more game-ready alternative to Derek Anderson than Max Hall."
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading." - Henny Youngman

I want a prehensile sucker tail, and I don't want to wait fifty million years.
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 3)

Postby B3N1ZJAM1N » Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:00 am

haha I just wrote the facts and placed my opinion in there. I knew people would disagree, thats the best part about writing....controversy. I just hope you weren't someone who gave it a bad rating because you disagree. Thanks for reading it and hopefully I write something that appeals to you more.
B3N1ZJAM1N
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter

Postby u_fig_eater » Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:18 am

What I don't get is: If Whisenhunt already knew before the preseason (and according to Boldin, he knew a long time before that) that he didn't like Leinart,

1. Why keep Leinart on the roster? You would know he's going to complain and be a distraction on the bench. Why not trade him before the NFL draft to get some picks, or trade him while the rosters are more fluid?

2. Is Derek Anderson the guy you really wanted to replace Kurt Warner? This is more speculative, but perhaps they could have tried to get McNabb, or for that matter, Jason Campbell? Can't argue this point well, but it just seems like Plan C got bumped up to Plan A.
Ball Breaker Keeper League: Beast Mode 8-5 #2 seed
u_fig_eater
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby justinj312 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:29 am

Just when u thought AZ knew what they were doing... Oh well.
thx

-justinj312
justinj312
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk