Leinart is light in the loafers.
...sleep with one eye open
Members Only Jackets
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: I hate Matt Leinart

Postby Kareighuis » Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:00 pm

Ben, I give low ratings to articles because of shoddy logic and writing. Yours had neither. I just disagreed with the thought process.
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading." - Henny Youngman

I want a prehensile sucker tail, and I don't want to wait fifty million years.
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby dgan » Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:49 pm

u_fig_eater wrote:What I don't get is: If Whisenhunt already knew before the preseason (and according to Boldin, he knew a long time before that) that he didn't like Leinart,

1. Why keep Leinart on the roster? You would know he's going to complain and be a distraction on the bench. Why not trade him before the NFL draft to get some picks, or trade him while the rosters are more fluid?

2. Is Derek Anderson the guy you really wanted to replace Kurt Warner? This is more speculative, but perhaps they could have tried to get McNabb, or for that matter, Jason Campbell? Can't argue this point well, but it just seems like Plan C got bumped up to Plan A.

Great question. No idea, although if I had to guess, I'd say probably a case of too many cooks in the kitchen. Most coaches don't get to choose their roster, per se. And based on the moves made or not made, it can either be stated or implied who the guy with your employee file in his desk wants you to start.

This sounds like a classic case of a coach putting his foot down come hell or high water - and now the team is screwed. I can't believe a team would trade for him right now, because how can the Cardinals possibly keep him on their roster? They'll have to cut him, and then someone else can sign him at a much reduced salary. The organization actually should have traded him LAST year when Kurt Warner was coming back to start. They had to have known at that point that if Warner retired this year, no way were they going with pretty boy.
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby LS2throwed » Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:38 am

This is why I didn't want to mess with Leinart in those trade talks Kareighuis, I hate him too lol. Never saw anything special in him. Arizona should have been all over Donovan McNabb when they had a shot.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby daswah » Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:02 pm

A QB is more than just a passer.

Sure...Leinert has a better passer rating than Anderson.

But is the team behind Leinert? Is he a team leader? Is he even going to be a good teacher for the younger QB's who might be on the team?

You know...the only things I can remember iabout early Leinert is that he held out for more money than the team was swilling to pay a #10 pick. And hit took him quite a while to acknowledge that he got his ex-girlfriend pregnant.

Dude is not a leader. He is not a classy guy. And I don't think anyone on Arizona wants him there. NFL Live had a comment about him that was telling...not a single one of his teammates came out and said that Leinert should be the starter...if you're teammates don't have your back, why should the coach give you the reins?
daswah
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Kareighuis » Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:14 pm

LS2throwed wrote:This is why I didn't want to mess with Leinart in those trade talks Kareighuis, I hate him too lol. Never saw anything special in him. Arizona should have been all over Donovan McNabb when they had a shot.

Yeah, trying to explain why acquiring him would be advantageous for you was fun.

Why would Ari trade for McNabb when he could just join them when the season's over? Heck, if they tank this year, that just gives them a better pick for the draft. Arizona could get a (borderline) top 10 pick!
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading." - Henny Youngman

I want a prehensile sucker tail, and I don't want to wait fifty million years.
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)

Postby B3N1ZJAM1N » Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:53 pm

Kareighuis wrote:Ben, I give low ratings to articles because of shoddy logic and writing. Yours had neither. I just disagreed with the thought process.

That's all I can ask for. I was just getting annoyed people would pm me saying they gave me 1 star because they disagreed. Haha in the end it doesn't matter. We will see what happens and in all honest I'm hoping DA wins the job, and he very well could.
B3N1ZJAM1N
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter

Postby moochman » Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:29 pm

Just reading on the NFLTV breaking news scrawl that the Cards have informed Leinart that he will be released today. Per Michael Lombardi

I guess you are not alone in hating Matt Leinart, K.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby dgan » Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:06 pm

moochman wrote:Just reading on the NFLTV breaking news scrawl that the Cards have informed Leinart that he will be released today. Per Michael Lombardi

He should be happy - now he can hang out on the Hollywood scene all he wants, and no drug testing! ;-D
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby moochman » Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:41 pm

dgan wrote:
moochman wrote:Just reading on the NFLTV breaking news scrawl that the Cards have informed Leinart that he will be released today. Per Michael Lombardi

He should be happy - now he can hang out on the Hollywood scene all he wants, and no drug testing! ;-D

I suppose a reality show appearance is only a matter of time.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk