I hate Matt Leinart - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

I hate Matt Leinart

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: I hate Matt Leinart

Postby justinj312 » Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:46 am

moochman wrote:
dgan wrote:
moochman wrote:Just reading on the NFLTV breaking news scrawl that the Cards have informed Leinart that he will be released today. Per Michael Lombardi

I guess you are not alone in hating Matt Leinart, K.

He should be happy - now he can hang out on the Hollywood scene all he wants, and no drug testing! ;-D

I suppose a reality show appearance is only a matter of time.

Or a Raiders gig...
thx

-justinj312
justinj312
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby u_fig_eater » Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:50 am

Wouldn't be surprised if he retired.
Ball Breaker Keeper League: Beast Mode 8-5 #2 seed
u_fig_eater
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Kareighuis » Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:07 am

Lenairt's Options

Joe Reedy wrote:Per multiple league sources, the Bengals are one of five teams who are in the running for former Arizona QB Matt Leinart. The others who have expressed interest are others that have some backup problems as well — Houston, Buffalo, New Orleans and Jacksonville.

The Texans have been widely reported as interested in Leinart.
Buffalo is far from a settled QB situation. He'd have the best chance to start.
The Saints, possibly fearing the Madden Curse, could upgrade their backup QB (currently Chase Daniel)
Jacksonville has long been rumored to be unhappy with their starting QB

It'd be interesting if he signed with New England- that would show he's committed to the game, or Belichek would rip him apart. At least as interesting would be to watch Brady's contract negotiations.
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading." - Henny Youngman

I want a prehensile sucker tail, and I don't want to wait fifty million years.
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 3)

Postby dgan » Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:54 pm

I heard he signed with Houston - he'll be listed behind Orlovsky is my guess?
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby Kareighuis » Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:04 pm

dgan wrote:I heard he signed with Houston - he'll be listed behind Orlovsky is my guess?

Yep. They've reportedly be displeased with Dan "CFL" Orlovsky. R/Wo said they might/won't cut him, but a reduction of his 2.2 mill 2010 salary is in order.
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading." - Henny Youngman

I want a prehensile sucker tail, and I don't want to wait fifty million years.
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 3)

Postby meth68 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:23 pm

dgan wrote:DA is a Favre-like gunslinger. Those guys make enough bad decisions in good offenses - put them on the Browns and they the only way to stop the INT is to give up a sack.

So, like Favre, a receiver like Fitz can right a multitude of wrongs. I don't know how valuable DA will be for fantasy leaguers, but Fitz just shot right back up into the top 3 for me. He's going to get more jump balls than he can shake a stick at. (which makes no sense, I know...)

Let's please keep Favre out of any DA talk's, please... I am not a Leinart fan (those 5yd completions make your % look great, but they are worthless) but the thing he has over DA, he could hit the back side of a barn. DA's accuracy is what we would call ummm non existent, he has a strong arm and thats where it ends. I am hoping Fitz (Which I think was a steal for me in my draft round 3) will help fix his 2-3yrd miscues (sorta like what Moss did with Culpepper) so we shall see, I still think Pitt should have gave Leinart a 1 year low $ deal.
meth68
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby LS2throwed » Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:17 pm

meth68 wrote:
dgan wrote:DA is a Favre-like gunslinger. Those guys make enough bad decisions in good offenses - put them on the Browns and they the only way to stop the INT is to give up a sack.

So, like Favre, a receiver like Fitz can right a multitude of wrongs. I don't know how valuable DA will be for fantasy leaguers, but Fitz just shot right back up into the top 3 for me. He's going to get more jump balls than he can shake a stick at. (which makes no sense, I know...)

Let's please keep Favre out of any DA talk's, please... I am not a Leinart fan (those 5yd completions make your % look great, but they are worthless) but the thing he has over DA, he could hit the back side of a barn. DA's accuracy is what we would call ummm non existent, he has a strong arm and thats where it ends. I am hoping Fitz (Which I think was a steal for me in my draft round 3) will help fix his 2-3yrd miscues (sorta like what Moss did with Culpepper) so we shall see, I still think Pitt should have gave Leinart a 1 year low $ deal.

Was DA's accuracy stopping Braylon from getting more then 15+ TD's? Heck in fact the next season he was hitting Braylon right in the hands 40 yards downfield only for Braylon to continually drop them. His accuracy may be shotty in the short to medium range, but deep balls he's perfect for what Fitz and this offense needs. In real life DA may suck, but he never held Braylon back from producing as a fantasy asset and I don't think he'll hold Fitz back either.

Now that being said Max Hall has looked great and he's probably gonna start more then 10 games anyway so he is who we should be focusing on, AZ is definately gonna give him plenty of games to see if he has the look of a franchise QB, or if they need 2 take one next year with a top 10 pick.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer