Do you have anyone that just dominates all your leagues? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Do you have anyone that just dominates all your leagues?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Do you have anyone that just dominates all your leagues?

Postby CRob44 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:25 am

yep it happened again tonight, a team that has won my league 7 years in a row is loaded up again. No idea how he does it . Yep 7 years in a row, sometimes goes undefeated. Just can't beat him. If i posted his team some would say its not a winner but he will win, always does.

I guess im looking for someone to say he can be beat.
.50 ppr 12 team league

My team
Rodgers , wayne , nyg steve smith, welker, mccoy, bush, shiancoe, h miller

bench , vj, t jones, big ben,hardesty, tate, l wash, bess, tynes , cincy

His team
Cutler, moss, m austin, knox, best, foster, cooley, LT
Bench is hightower, tj housh, s rice, burleson, mccluster,rackers, phily, dallas

Yep he has no backup qb , or te, but believe me just because of him, best and foster will go off. I will
be taking them in the rest of my leagues and suggest you all do the same.

Just can't believe this dude in my league has won 7 years in a row and can get moss,austin at 12, 13

Please someone post and say he can be beat. No other team comes close but mine and one other
CRob44
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 69)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Do you have anyone that just dominates all your leagues?

Postby FFfirsttimer » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:35 am

i hope you're right. i have a lot of the same players and i feel like my team is shitty.
FFfirsttimer Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby abrunn11 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:12 am

CRob44 wrote:yep it happened again tonight, a team that has won my league 7 years in a row is loaded up again. No idea how he does it . Yep 7 years in a row, sometimes goes undefeated. Just can't beat him. If i posted his team some would say its not a winner but he will win, always does.

.50 ppr 12 team league

My team

His team
Bench is hightower, tj housh, s rice, burleson, mccluster,rackers, phily, dallas

Yep he has no backup qb , or te, but believe me just because of him, best and foster will go off. I will

Just can't believe this dude in my league has won 7 years in a row and can get moss,austin at 12, 13

Please someone post and say he can be beat. No other team comes close but mine and one other

Dude, you do not win 7 years in row because of your drafts, especially in the NFL. First off, it takes a tremendious amount of luck to win one year in a row. Secondly, if you look back throughout the years I bet you will see that he pounds the waiver wire more than anyone else. You will probably also see that he trades away players near their highest value for players near their lowest value.

Plan and simple, he has enjoyed a ton of luck.
abrunn11
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby shawngee03 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:18 am

yes i like his team a lot.

no need for a backup QB...just pick up alex smith for your bye week filler. and really no need for a backup TE. im not even sure why anyone would draft a backup for a spot that averages 5 points a week

i also have a guy who always seems to do good...and he always drafts the best, arian foster, miles austin type guys. you have to take a chance and find the Ray Rice, ADP his rookie year, randy moss in 2007 type players. i tend to draft ryan grant and marion barber...and always finish middle of the pack

and i forsee some RB issues happening during the season for your team
shawngee03
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby DaShiz23 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:25 am

That would be my guess to all of his good fortune too. Grabbing those sleepers off of the WW wins so much more often than having great drafts. His roster really only looks like an upper/middle of the road team. But, as I am sure is usually the case, his roster will look much different by playoff time. A manager who just sets his line-up early in the season and just watches, usually doesn't make any noise throughout the year.
Keep up to date with depth chart moves and do not be afraid to cut loose underachievers and role players for that possible next star. Only being right on 1 or 2 of those could be the difference between a good team and a great one.
Also, if you need someone to knock him off of his pedastal next season, I am always available. ;-D
DaShiz23
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby beggarmike » Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:40 am

We have a Keeper League... you can keep one player you draft after the 5th round.

My nephew picked L.T. as a rookie. We has won the league 4 times since drafting him. Last year he finished LAST.

His reign is OVER!
beggarmike
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby petedog9 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:50 am

Do you have anyone that just dominates all your leagues?..

Answer.. Yes..Its me.. I plain and simply try and outwork everyone else in my league. I do more research, work the trades and waiver wire diligently. I am constantly working my roster and its well known that there is nobody untouchable on my team, ever. Even if there are, I dont want them to know that. I will offer alot of trades out and only maybe close 10% but you dont know if you dont ask. I draft strong with a sense of moving forward and try to get value at every pick regardless of position. I never draft for need. I have won my main league 3 of the last 4 years and lost in the championship game the year I didnt win...

I must admit, I am on here every day and get a ton of great knowledge from this joint... ;-D ;-D I also check Roto every morning for injury updates and roster movement / news...

Last year I had to work my butt of as I drafted both Forte and Slaton as my Rbs. I ended the year with ADP and Sjax.. :-D
petedog9
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby CRob44 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:12 pm

uh team B is not my team. Alex smith is gone, its qb , rb rb wr wr wr, te, flex, k d and 24 tight ends were drafted and 30 qb's drafted
So i guess your saying team B is the best team again. And yes he has won 7 years in a row. I usually get 3rd or 4th
CRob44
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 69)

Postby moochman » Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:55 pm

I like his team better than yours. Two top end WRs, Knox, Housh, Rice and Burleson is a whale of a rotation. Looks like he drafts with a plan. His RBs are shakey, but have tons of upside. LT should get lots of work, Hightower is a decent filler, and McCluster is a wild card with electric quickness and could be used alot in KC. Cooley is in a great spot to be a top 7 TE. Not sure why he bothered with those 2 Ds.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby FFLover » Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:27 am

CRob44 wrote:yep it happened again tonight, a team that has won my league 7 years in a row is loaded up again. No idea how he does it . Yep 7 years in a row, sometimes goes undefeated. Just can't beat him. If i posted his team some would say its not a winner but he will win, always does.

.50 ppr 12 team league

My team

His team

Wow, after 3 weeks you're right, he does have a solid team! I wish I would have copied his picks as I had auction this year.
FFLover
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Next

Return to Football Talk