MacFadden's Last Stand? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

MacFadden's Last Stand?

Moderator: Football Moderators

MacFadden's Last Stand?

Postby justinj312 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:34 am

I was just wondering if there are any past MacFadden owners (like me) who have been burned by him before and vowed never to draft him again.

However, a new year is here and somehow once again you found yourself taking a late round flier on him. What the heck? Nothing to lose. He does have some talent.

I was wondering what you are thinking with Bush slowed by his finger injury and a non-Jamarcus Russel QBing the team. Seems like this is his best opportunity for production.

For me, if I don't see immediate production, I'm dropping him. No holding on or patiently waiting. IMO, this is MacFadden's best opportunity and he better show me something quick.
thx

-justinj312
justinj312
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Re: MacFadden's Last Stand?

Postby Metropolitans » Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:17 am

I was burnt lastyr as much as anybody!!! I had Run DMC breaking out in a big way but due to a completely inept offense in Oakland, noone had a good offensive year (maybe Zach Miller). Oakland should be much improved and they could always run the ball well... due to Michael Bushes broken finger, Run DMC might get a leg up on Bush during Week 1. McFadden should see 20 Carries in Week 1 and Campbell should open up the running game... This is definitely McFaddens last chance on many Fantasy Rosters and hes supremely talented, i do expect him to flash some of that talent but i wouldnt invest too highly in him, i just got him in the 12th Rd of a 10-Teamer so wait until the double digit Rds and take a chance... worst case? Like u said, drop em!
10Team H2H
(8-1 Record)
QB- Stafford
WR- VJax
WR- Marshall
WR/RB-JNelson
RB- RRice
RB- DMC
TE- Gronkowski
K- Akers
DEF- WW Matchups
Bench- Bradford, Morris, Meachem, JBest, JBaldwin, Ridley