Miami's Dynamic Duo: Where to draft? Under or Overvalued? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Miami's Dynamic Duo: Where to draft? Under or Overvalued?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Miami's Dynamic Duo: Where to draft? Under or Overvalued?

Postby dunbar2007 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:19 am

INTRO
I'd like to engage in a little conversation about Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams. I am a supporter of drafting them, but I know there are dissenters and I'd like to hear what people think if you'd want to engage in a discussion...

PROS
I love Ronnie Brown. It's tragic he can never stay healthy, but I feel is quite the potential steal, or top RB2...took him last year, and yeah...he broke down BUT I don't regret it one bit. The value of the Miami RB's I feel is awesome as well if you can snag Ricky Williams to back Ronnie up. With Brandon Marshall and Henne getting more experience, I only see wider running lanes for them to run through as teams have to respect the pass more. Plus, Miami's playoff schedule is cupcake city.

CONS
However, the injury risk is real and the regular season schedule for both of them is quite difficult. Add that to having to spend two relatively high draft picks and you have a more cloudy situation.

THOUGHTS?
Where is it too early to draft Brown and try and snag Williams? I'm thinking around 50 is a perfect time to snag him, but earlier is questionable just because of his injury history and to ensure the 'position', you likely need to snag Ricky a few rounds later and spend another draft pick. Where is Brown going in your drafts? You drafting him? Handcuffing him with Ricky? Thoughts?
dunbar2007
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Miami's Dynamic Duo: Where to draft? Under or Overvalued?

Postby shawngee03 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:06 am

i went WR-WR to start, got ronnie as my second Rb then got ricky the next round just to make sure i got him. not a whole lot of other good stuff available when i got ricky...so i have no fear that i wasted a pick

im assuming one of them gets hurt...making the other one first round talent. now if both get hurt...or both stay healthy the whole season and become mediocre...then oh well i guess i failed. but going WR-WR means i have to hit on something mid round...why not bet on them two

just bc im bored...here's how it turned out for me. 14 team w a flex...so RBs are prized

Moss
Megatron
forte
ronnie
ricky
forsett
caddy
eli
matt ryan
zach miller
shawngee03
Offensive Coordinator