Mark Ingram - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

Mark Ingram

Moderator: Football Moderators

Mark Ingram

Postby Metroid » Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:26 am

...suffered a knee injury late in practice yesterday and ESPN reported he actually had to have a procedure performed. He is out for sure week 1. :-o

Linkage
Alabama running back Mark Ingram suffered a knee injury late in Monday's practice, coach Nick Saban announced in a statement Tuesday, and has been ruled out for Saturday's season opener against San Jose State.

Ingram, who last year became the first Crimson Tide player to win a Heisman Trophy, had "an arthroscopic procedure" done Tuesday morning, according to the statement.

Sorry Stomper. :-/
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Mark Ingram

Postby Mugrila » Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:53 pm

Hate to see this happen, but I think he's out 4-6 weeks minimum, and likely half his season.
Mugrila
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby stomperrob » Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:58 pm

Metroid wrote:...suffered a knee injury late in practice yesterday and ESPN reported he actually had to have a procedure performed. He is out for sure week 1. :-o

Linkage
Alabama running back Mark Ingram suffered a knee injury late in Monday's practice, coach Nick Saban announced in a statement Tuesday, and has been ruled out for Saturday's season opener against San Jose State.

Ingram, who last year became the first Crimson Tide player to win a Heisman Trophy, had "an arthroscopic procedure" done Tuesday morning, according to the statement.

Sorry Stomper. :-/

:~( :~( :~( :~( :~( :~( :~(

I think I'm being punished for drafting him so high!
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 168)

Postby AquaMan2342 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:19 pm

Sucks for Ingram.....but not necessarily for Alabama....Richardson comes in and probably is on the top 10 list for the Heisman now, no?
AquaMan2342
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Metroid » Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:56 pm

Mugrila wrote:Hate to see this happen, but I think he's out 4-6 weeks minimum, and likely half his season.

4-6 weeks? I hope not. It's possible, but it's really hard to say it'll be that long until we hear what the severity of the injury is. "Arthroscopic knee surgery" is a term used to describe many different types of surgery, from simply draining fluid in the knee to grafting and repairing ligaments. Hopefully his injury, and the procedure he received, was on the minor end of things.
Metroid

Postby Mugrila » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:21 pm

Metroid wrote:
Mugrila wrote:Hate to see this happen, but I think he's out 4-6 weeks minimum, and likely half his season.

4-6 weeks? I hope not. It's possible, but it's really hard to say it'll be that long until we hear what the severity of the injury is. "Arthroscopic knee surgery" is a term used to describe many different types of surgery, from simply draining fluid in the knee to grafting and repairing ligaments. Hopefully his injury, and the procedure he received, was on the minor end of things.

True, I was going on the initial rumor I heard about a damaged meniscus, which even if not torn can be 4-6 weeks. Guess we have to wait and see, but Andrews is the best in the business with these things.
Mugrila
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Metroid » Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:29 pm

Mugrila wrote:
Metroid wrote:

True, I was going on the initial rumor I heard about a damaged meniscus, which even if not torn can be 4-6 weeks. Guess we have to wait and see, but Andrews is the best in the business with these things.

Absolutely. Every report I've read says he's missing week one, they're conveniently leaving off the possibility that he will/could return week two though. The optimist in me says this is minor and he'll be fine, the pessimist in me says the injury is more severe than the Bama brass is letting on and is one that will linger. Again, I just hope it's minor.
Metroid

Postby jayday » Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:32 pm

Igram isn't even the best back in his own backfield. Alabama shouldn't miss a step.

Hopefully Mark can make a full recovery though.
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Return to College Football