Who is this years Celek, j charles, m austin? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Who is this years Celek, j charles, m austin?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Who is this years Celek, j charles, m austin?

Postby CRob44 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:19 pm

so i guess we would have to select someone that doesn't get drafted or extremely late

Surprisingly I have no answer. couldn't tell you for a million dollars. I will just take a guess

Mike Williams of seatle, gresham, can't really name a rb unless someone breaks a leg
CRob44
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 69)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Who is this years Celek, j charles, m austin?

Postby benb18a » Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:33 pm

Zach Miller - everybody else is either a proven guy with issues(Cooley, Daniels etc.) or too young playing on a team that never produces stud TEs

RUN DMC - will finally put it together, and his studly NFL career will finally take flight.

WR- have no clue. I know that I do NOT want to post another Raider though :-o

Thanks to eagles21 for the awesome sig :)

2011:

Representin' the Cafe in the IBL league: 73-34, 15-8 in Championship Tier playoffs
BBKL: 7-6
Money league: 9-4, #1 seed one and done
benb18a
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby CRob44 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:03 pm

couldnt tell you who run dmc is for a million dollars, zach miller is no sleeper in my opinion
CRob44
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 69)

Postby Maris09 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:16 pm

You're gonna run out of million dollar bills...

I'll go with Keller at TE.

McCluster at WR (if only because of the handoffs he'll get).

The RB one is tough. Maybe Bernard Scott if Benson can't repeat.
Maris09
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bigh0rt » Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:34 pm

CRob44 wrote:couldnt tell you who run dmc is for a million dollars, zach miller is no sleeper in my opinion

Run-DMC = Darren McFadden.
bigh0rt
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby liono123 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:46 pm

I like Shiancoe to put up top 3 TE numbers. Yes, I know who Finley, Gates, and Clark are.
12 Team $ (PPR + Return Yardage):
    QB: Tom Brady, Andy Dalton
    RB: Charles, Lynch, Martin, Stewart, DeAngelo Williams, Rashad jennings, Joe McKnight, Leon Washington
    WR/TE: Antonio Brown, Brandon Lloyd, Randall Cobb, Ted Ginn
    K: Bryant
    DST: Bills
liono123
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 4)

Postby bagobonez » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:39 pm

QB - Kevin Kolb
RB - Bernard Scott
WR - Terrell Owens (not exactly a sleeper considering his names-sake, but I think he's vastly underrated)
TE - Jermaine Gresham (I like the Bengals, clearly)
PK - who cares
DEF - Dolphins
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby moochman » Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:10 pm

QB - Alex Smith. If he continues progression the weapons in Frisco are there for him to be a suprise QB.
RB - Torn between CJ Spiller and Jahvid Best. Spiller seems more Charles like because I don't know that the Bills will place trust in him. Best has injury concerns that even my hometeam overconfidence cannot ignore. Ivory out of New Orleans is a super sleeper
WR - Malcom Floyd. If num-num Jackson doesn't find a way back to the field Rivers could develop enough rapport with Floyd to forget about V Jax.
TE - Like Gresham too. Just thinking with TO and Ocho taking deep routes, a shaky Palmer will have three receivers, the deep outs and the bail out Gresham.
PK - There is this kicker for the Brazillian soccer team....
D - Pacman could help make the Bengals D more exciting this season. Not seeing much in the way of sleepers.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby mutantseabass » Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:59 pm

Ill take a stab at this....

Celek=Aaron Hernandez-Pass happy team, good hands and a red zone target for Brady. Honorable mention-Ben Watson, really doesnt fit the "Celek" mold but I think he post a nice year this year. Cleveland has a good O-line which will let Watson break off in pass routes more.

Charles=Kareem Huggins, plays behind a RB who is an injury waiting to happen, great speed, and I think will come in the second half of the season and put up some nice numbers ala Charles.

Austin=Legadu Naane-Much like Austin last year going late in drafts, has receivers in front of him that are termed "better". Naane has great hands and may not produce the huge numbers could easily finish the season as the #1 WR in SD.

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby dgan » Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:26 pm

Talk about something I would not put money on...

At TE, I'm going to say Hoomanawanui. First, because that is just an awesome name. Second, because Zach Miller has made a fantasy career out of simply being the only pass catcher in the offense. With Avery down and a rookie QB likely starting a majority of the games, 6 yard hitches to the TE are the easiest completions to make. Especially when you're down by 28 pts when you get your first possession of the 3rd quarter. They'll be playing catch up all the time, and teams will let Bradford check down to the TE all day long.

At RB, you're best bet is to get lucky with an injury. But, one guy I think who has a legitimate shot at surprising people midseason (which is what Charles did) is Brandon Jackson. Ryan Grant is awful. He runs like a 34 year old Curtis Martin. Plows ahead through whatever hole and falls down. Jackson is speedy, elusive, and a great pass catcher. He just has never put it all together - little problems like fumbles and missed blocking assignments. The Packers running game continues to be pitiful in the preseason, so if Jackson shows he can not fumble and improve his pass protection, I could see him putting together a good 7 or 8 games to end the season with that offense. But not a Charles-like impact...those are rare.

At WR, I also like Naanee. I don't think the Chargers will throw the ball less just because VJ is out (and I don't think VJ ever plays another game for the Chargers). And Floyd is really a 2nd WR style guy. Naanee >could< be the surprise WR of the year. I got him in the 20th round 10 days ago.
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Next

Return to Football Talk