Masoli wins appeal, now eligible - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

Masoli wins appeal, now eligible

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Masoli ruled ineligible

Postby deerayfan072 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:13 pm

jayday wrote:What a crock of ----.

Just another instance of a lawyer being able to fight the wording of a rule and not the intent.

Masoli was suspended from Oregon's team. If he hadn't been suspended from Oregon, he would've never transferred to Ole Miss. He worked the system by transferring to Ole Miss because he completed his bachelor's at Oregon and saying "Ohh, yes I totally want to enroll in Ole Miss's basket weaving master's program because Oregon doesn't offer a master's degree in basket weaving."

He worked the system, and he's going to get away with it.

Also, incoming derray post saying don't blame the lawyer for fighting the wording...i'e. it's not the lawyer's fault, it's the guy who wrote the rule. Love ya, dee. :-D I would agree to an extent, the wording needs to be changed, but that doesn't make the ruling 'okay' in my opinion.

Took the words from my mouth, I agree with the ruling because that is how it is written. I do contract defense. Contracts are construed against the drafter. That means if you want to prevent something, write it properly.

I would also like to point out that I called the fact that he would win the appeal
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby AquaMan2342 » Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:15 am

deerayfan072 wrote:I would also like to point out that I called the fact that he would win the appeal

Dunno if you're looking for a cookie.....as I wasn't doubting the possibility, I just figured you might have a better idea.
AquaMan2342
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby deerayfan072 » Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:29 am

AquaMan2342 wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:I would also like to point out that I called the fact that he would win the appeal

Dunno if you're looking for a cookie.....as I wasn't doubting the possibility, I just figured you might have a better idea.

Merely stating a fact. Everyone seemed to think it was over.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to College Football