Schneider's trades - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Seattle Seahawks

Schneider's trades

Moderator: Football Moderators

Schneider's trades

Postby biju » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:29 pm

So while we've been enjoying what still appears as a very good 2010 draft (Okung, Earl Thomas, Walter Thurmond and the trade for Leon Washington) it seems like John Schneider doesn't exactly understand how to wheel and deal outside that forum. The trade of Lawrence Jackson for a 6th and Josh Wilson for a conditional 5th just seems like they are getting rid of the previous regime's draft picks for pennies. Josh Wilson was our 2nd best CB and even though they are happy with Thurmond's progress, we absolutely have to start Kelly Jennings now.

Why didn't we trade Jennings instead? I just feel like we're not seeking proper value here and acquiring picks for no valid reason. Color me skeptical on these most recent moves..
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Schneider's trades

Postby Mugrila » Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:36 pm

I agree, not a big fan either.
Mugrila
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Schneider's trades

Postby WaCougMBS » Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:47 am

Yeah, not a fan of the Wilson trade at all. I would have way rather seen Jennings headed out the door, and since he's a guy from the last regime, I don't see why that would have been a problem. I do like/love how the draft went for us, but I wouldn't mind getting more than quarters on the dollar for a few of these recent guys. I won't call him a bum by any means, yet, but I wouldn't mind seeing NO MORE of this type of deal :-?
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Seattle Seahawks