PPT(Points Per Touch) is important for drafting RBs - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

PPT(Points Per Touch) is important for drafting RBs

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: PPT(Points Per Touch) is important for drafting RBs

Postby Goody » Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:28 am

RBManiac wrote:
This is a useful tool. However, projecting opportunity is still the most important thing to keep in mind when calculating fantasy goodness. Goal line carries, RBBC's, the list goes on.

Exactly, combining workload and other known factors such as goaline opportunity(Tim Hightower) makes this a very strong system.

I would recommend that you make some bold picks for this year based on PPT and separate that out to a different section.

Well yeah...ill just make some bold predictions right now.

Tim hightower becomes an RB1..lol

Beanie wells start the season off with a dead even split, and hightower will be the more effective fantasy back. Towards mid season...Beanie gets hurt and has to sit out 2 games. Hightower produces RB1 numbers during these weeks. Beanie gets back and is not as effective as before. not 100%. Tim hightower then continues to see the majority of the carries throughout the season and finshes off as a low end RB1.

Shonne Greene turns into an early round bust putting up only low to mid RB2 numbers if that.

LT, turns into the biggest fantasy suprise, and puts up similar numbers to his 2007 season before getting injured during playoff weeks.

Reggie Bush and Pierre Thomas finish in the Top 15 backs.

Jacobs gets a load of goaline carries all season turning him into his 2008 status, im just saying...jacobs can really push the pile when 100%, i mean the man runs over Linebacks like it was his hobby. Bradshaw simple cant do that.

Jammal Charles Finishes the No 3 overall fantasy back right ahead of reggie bush.

Steven Jackson doesnt break the top 20 backs unless Bradfords talent is truly flawless.

By week 4, the whole browns backfield becomes a fantasy nightmare with Harrison seeing the 50%, Davis and Hardesty will split the rest.

Forsett becomes a full time starter.

Kareem Huggins becomes a fantasy god after Williams gets injured.

CHester Taylor and Forte get an even split in carries.

CJ Spiller Becomes the the Rookie of the year in front of Ryan Matthews and Mike williams.

Chris Johnson Gets hurt and Javon Ringer becomes the new CJ2k

Definitely some BOLD picks mixed in with some not so bold picks. I agree with the Greene, LT, and Forsett predictions. I hope you are right on the Huggins prediction! ;-D

NO WAY R.Bush finishes #4. I sniff some homerism in your New Orleans RB BOLD predictions. :-b
OKCHomers
OKCFFL Auction
Goody
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby RBManiac » Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:34 pm

Definitely some BOLD picks mixed in with some not so bold picks. I agree with the Greene, LT, and Forsett predictions. I hope you are right on the Huggins prediction!

NO WAY R.Bush finishes #4. I sniff some homerism in your New Orleans RB BOLD predictions

haha, i know some arent that bold, but im just having fun. For some reason i really think both NO Rbs will finish the top 15. Bush is matured...i aaid 3 years ago that bush would be great one day. PT has goaline carries too.

maybe it is because im a saints fan..lol
RBManiac
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby eagles4lyf82 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:04 am

Thanks for the article! Enjoyed reading it and I will def throw this in with my other projections/rankings, etc. Just curious though, I noticed you didn't bring up the situation in Detroit. I figure Kevin Smiths PPT's declined due to injury and he's definitely not 100% right now, do you think with the way Jahvid Best has looked this preseason, that he will probably beat out Spiller as the rookie of the year? I've definitely been targeting Hightower, Foster and Best this year as I'm going WR, WR, QB in PPR with my first picks unless I get a top 3 pick.
eagles4lyf82
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Reg » Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:07 pm

thanks for the article. unique stuff like this is always welcome, and always helpful. Though it isn't a perfect tool, it is helpful, and fantasy needs more stuff like this. your bold predictions are a bit crazy though lol
Reg
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby RBManiac » Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:53 pm

thanks for the article. unique stuff like this is always welcome, and always helpful. Though it isn't a perfect tool, it is helpful, and fantasy needs more stuff like this. your bold predictions are a bit crazy though lol

thanks, bout time i got some kudos.

and you were saying my bold predictions where crazy? Not so crazy now after week 1, but they arent my predicitoons..they are the PPTs! =)

But yeah..Greene I hate greene. alwasy have
RBManiac
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Previous

Return to Football Talk