Late round wide receivers... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Late round wide receivers...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Late round wide receivers...

Postby radiohead625 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:00 am

The area where i need some help... what do you guys think are the values and sleepers and why?
radiohead625
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Late round wide receivers...

Postby Metropolitans » Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:33 am

I just responded to the TJ Housh thread so i guess this is an obvious encore... Housh should bounceback from an injury riddled campaign but dont expect Huge #s from him, draft em as a WR4 in the 9th Rd or later and youll be Good!!

I seem to be the ONLY guy (and i mean ONLY) high on Anthony Gonzalez... and I LOVE it that way!!! He was supposed to be Peytons "new" #2 WR lastyr but he got hurt in Q1 of Wk1... there went that breakout year!! Fast forward 1 season later, and Anthony Gonzalez isnt even on the radar, infact he can be had in the 13th Rd (just got em in the 14th of a 10 teamer!). Thats DIRT Cheap for a guy who could be Peytons #2 WR by seasons end!! He and Peyton were supposed to be on the same page before lastyr and i personally dont think Garcon is talented enough to completely block Gonzalez from getting 800+ Yds and 6 TDs... maybe optomistic, but I think these numbers may be conservative by seasons end, im That Confident in A-Gon!!!!

Dexter McCluster has WR/RB Eligibility and not since Marques Colston, have we seen such talent with such AMAZING Position Eligibility... in PPR, hes gonna put up 10+ Pts a Game. In standard leagues, hell still provide great value. Hes gonna give u the consistency of a RB, getting 10 Touches a game, and hes being worked at WR and should see WR Screens, Reverses, and is a BIG Play Threat on any given play!!! Like Gonzalez above, hes going VERY Late, and in some formats, undrafted (recently went undrafted in my 10-team 16 rd draft 2 days ago! I wouldve taken em but I needed a K and Defense!). In Standard Formats, id wait till late n snag em but in PPR, id target him around the 12 Rd, as he will be electric this season!!!

Hope i could be of help... theres a couple of other Diamonds in the Rough at WR going late (Mike Williams WR-TB just to name one) but ill let others get to those! Goodluck!!!
10Team H2H
(8-1 Record)
QB- Stafford
WR- VJax
WR- Marshall
WR/RB-JNelson
RB- RRice
RB- DMC
TE- Gronkowski
K- Akers
DEF- WW Matchups
Bench- Bradford, Morris, Meachem, JBest, JBaldwin, Ridley
Metropolitans
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby shawngee03 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:40 am

from the Gabriel thread that looks to have lost the link

berrian, burleson, laurent robinson
shawngee03
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby SetYourselfFree » Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:47 am

My favorite late round guys - Mike Williams (TB), Louis Murphy, Laurent Robinson, Mike Thomas, Harry Douglas.

Mike Williams value has spiked to the point I've seen him go in the mid-rounds recently but if available, he's my top WR target this year.
SetYourselfFree
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby default01 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:14 am

Two other guys no one has mentioned yet: Jacoby Jones and Jabar Gaffney.

Those two, along with Mike Williams were my top targets late in the draft.

Going even later, here's my late round WR list:
Jacoby Jones
Jabar Gaffney
Mike Williams
Anthony Gonzalez
Nate Burleson
Louis Murphy
Laurent Robinson
Dexter McCluster
Legedu Naanee
Josh Cribbs (move him up if you include return yards)
default01
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 71)

Postby CBMGreatOne » Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:22 am

I would rank some of those mentioned:

Berrian (I know he hasn't had a good preseason, but he's really set up to succeed)
Jacoby (most upside of the group)
Nate Burleson (safest choice to post 800, 5)
Laurent Robinson (#1 Rams WR)
Legedu Naanee (chance to start with a great QB, plenty of upside)

You'd have to be in at least a 12 team league that starts 3 WRs to really concern yourself too much with the likes of:

McCluster (upside sure, but just a #3 WR and a #3 RB) Harvin light?
Mike Williams (either one really, deep choices)
Anthony Gonzalez (I'd rather have Collie who seems to go undrafted a lot)
or Jabar Gaffney (sure he's #1, but I'm not a believer, he's been in the league a while and has yet to make a fantasy impact)
CBMGreatOne
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 10)

Postby Kareighuis » Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:58 pm

TB's Mike Williams is in no way a late round WR. He's his team's #1 WR with a great connection to QB Josh Freeman. An exceptional athlete whose pre-draft issue was violating his team's curfew by being a passenger in a car that struck another car. He was suspended, didn't like it and quit. There have never been any questions about his ability- his athletic skills are unquestioned.
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading." - Henny Youngman

I want a prehensile sucker tail, and I don't want to wait fifty million years.
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Metropolitans » Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:28 pm

Kareighuis wrote:TB's Mike Williams is in no way a late round WR. He's his team's #1 WR with a great connection to QB Josh Freeman. An exceptional athlete whose pre-draft issue was violating his team's curfew by being a passenger in a car that struck another car. He was suspended, didn't like it and quit. There have never been any questions about his ability- his athletic skills are unquestioned.

According to an ADP from a very reputable Mock Draft Website, used by Many Many fellow cafers, Williams is being taken with the 122nd Overall pick. Like it or not... Whether you Agree or Disagree with it, thatd be Pick #2 in Round 12 of a 10-Team league... When you consider that most Drafts have 15 Rounds and the Last 2 Rounds are Kickers and Defenses, that leaves Round 13 as the last Round to draft position players... So when you factor that in, the 12th Round would be the 2nd to Last Round before taking K and Def/ST... thats a pretty late round WR to me!!!
10Team H2H
(8-1 Record)
QB- Stafford
WR- VJax
WR- Marshall
WR/RB-JNelson
RB- RRice
RB- DMC
TE- Gronkowski
K- Akers
DEF- WW Matchups
Bench- Bradford, Morris, Meachem, JBest, JBaldwin, Ridley
Metropolitans
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 5)

Postby Kareighuis » Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:00 pm

Metropolitans wrote:
Kareighuis wrote:TB's Mike Williams is in no way a late round WR. He's his team's #1 WR with a great connection to QB Josh Freeman. An exceptional athlete whose pre-draft issue was violating his team's curfew by being a passenger in a car that struck another car. He was suspended, didn't like it and quit. There have never been any questions about his ability- his athletic skills are unquestioned.

According to an ADP from a very reputable Mock Draft Website, used by Many Many fellow cafers, Williams is being taken with the 122nd Overall pick. Like it or not... Whether you Agree or Disagree with it, thatd be Pick #2 in Round 12 of a 10-Team league... When you consider that most Drafts have 15 Rounds and the Last 2 Rounds are Kickers and Defenses, that leaves Round 13 as the last Round to draft position players... So when you factor that in, the 12th Round would be the 2nd to Last Round before taking K and Def/ST... thats a pretty late round WR to me!!!

I'm not disagreeing about where's he's being taken, I'm saying he should be taken much earlier. For instance, he should be going before Laurent Robinson, IMO.
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading." - Henny Youngman

I want a prehensile sucker tail, and I don't want to wait fifty million years.
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)

Postby SetYourselfFree » Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:23 pm

Kareighuis wrote:
Metropolitans wrote:

I'm not disagreeing about where's he's being taken, I'm saying he should be taken much earlier. For instance, he should be going before Laurent Robinson, IMO.

Has Laurent Robinson been going much earlier than Mike Williams? I got Mike Will at 132 in my 20-team draft...a bargain considering his ADP and likely value this year but Robinson went over a round later.
SetYourselfFree
Water Boy
Water Boy

Next

Return to Football Talk