Late round wide receivers... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Late round wide receivers...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Late round wide receivers...

Postby biju » Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:34 am

Kareighuis wrote:
biju wrote:
Kareighuis wrote:I just quoted him to show that an "expert" thought the same- Housh is poor fit for his team's eventual path, rather some nebulous gut feeling.

"As long as"?- If he played all 16 games, then yeah, he'd have a good chance. But, if he's still a Hawk, the team will find he's injured (meaning fabricate one) and force him to the bench by late in the season. I don't dispute that he can't serve a role and be a productive member. I don't think he's useless. However, his presence (and Deion Branch's) impede the young, skill WRs behind them. It's an issue they need to rectify.

So, what kind of sig bet you talking?

You haven't been following Carroll's mantra of competition. I honestly don't think he cares if these guys get reps, he'd rather them fight and win it instead of be gifted it. You're also automatically assuming the Seahawks aren't going to be competitive, but in a weak division a 9-7 record is going to take the NFC West.

In terms of a sig bet, it sounds like you'd take the under on 900 and I'm taking the over. Is there much else to discuss?

Yeah, he's trying to instill competition. Too bad he doesn't have much to work with.

I'm not really assuming so much as not bothering to mention it- I was assuming it was so obvious it wasn't worth pointing out. It sounds like you disagree. I'd be willing to wager they won't win more than 6 games. And yes, there is more to discuss- I've never done one. What happens when I win? :-)

I'm not betting anything on Seahawks wins because they could just as easily go 6-10 as 9-7. Anything outside that will be a surprise for me, either way.

I will however take a sig bet on the over for Housh and 900 yards; and again, only as long as he plays in 13+ games for Seattle. If he gets injured for more than 3 games the bet is off and if he gets traded the bet is off. The winner of the bet gets to choose the sig of the loser and the loser has to wear it from the end of the season until the beginning of the 2011 season.
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Kareighuis » Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:37 pm

biju wrote:I will however take a sig bet on the over for Housh and 900 yards; and again, only as long as he plays in 13+ games for Seattle. If he gets injured for more than 3 games the bet is off and if he gets traded the bet is off. The winner of the bet gets to choose the sig of the loser and the loser has to wear it from the end of the season until the beginning of the 2011 season.

I'd almost agree with that- except the "as long as he plays in 13+ games"- If he's still a Seahawk late in the season, I'd bet he'd get injured (a phantom mostly likely) so they can get the youngsters PT. That's an important part to me- it sounds like it's a caveat to you.
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading." - Henny Youngman

I want a prehensile sucker tail, and I don't want to wait fifty million years.
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)

Postby biju » Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:24 pm

Kareighuis wrote:
biju wrote:I will however take a sig bet on the over for Housh and 900 yards; and again, only as long as he plays in 13+ games for Seattle. If he gets injured for more than 3 games the bet is off and if he gets traded the bet is off. The winner of the bet gets to choose the sig of the loser and the loser has to wear it from the end of the season until the beginning of the 2011 season.

I'd almost agree with that- except the "as long as he plays in 13+ games"- If he's still a Seahawk late in the season, I'd bet he'd get injured (a phantom mostly likely) so they can get the youngsters PT. That's an important part to me- it sounds like it's a caveat to you.

Ok, then DON'T back up your words. :-D

Seriously, the Seahawks aren't the Patriots with phantom injuries to stash young players for a full season on IR. If Housh is in Seattle and healthy he'll play. Fortunately for you and your running mouth it kind of sounds like Housh is going to get the heave-ho on Saturday one way or another.
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Kareighuis » Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:47 pm

biju wrote:
Kareighuis wrote:

Ok, then DON'T back up your words. :-D

Seriously, the Seahawks aren't the Patriots with phantom injuries to stash young players for a full season on IR. If Housh is in Seattle and healthy he'll play. Fortunately for you and your running mouth it kind of sounds like Housh is going to get the heave-ho on Saturday one way or another.

I made my position clear from the beginning-
Kareighuis wrote:If he played all 16 games, then yeah, he'd have a good chance. But, if he's still a Hawk, the team will find he's injured (meaning fabricate one) and force him to the bench by late in the season. I don't dispute that he can't serve a role and be a productive member. I don't think he's useless. However, his presence (and Deion Branch's) impede the young, skill WRs behind them.

I don't think they'd stash him on IR for the full season, just be questionable or GTD for the last month or so- then not play him.

With the WR issues they have, and if he is cut, going to Minnesota might still be a possibility.
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading." - Henny Youngman

I want a prehensile sucker tail, and I don't want to wait fifty million years.
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)

Postby thejusman1 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:28 pm

Jacoby Jones
Nate Burleson
Mike Williams (TB and SEA)
Nanee

Not late-round, but insane upside at where they are being drafted:

Mike Wallace
Malcolm Floyd
Wes Welker