Two Guys Thatll be Gamebreakers That Noone Seems to Want... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Two Guys Thatll be Gamebreakers That Noone Seems to Want...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Two Guys Thatll be Gamebreakers That Noone Seems to Want...

Postby Metropolitans » Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:54 am

Well IMHO, Dexter McCluster and Anthony Gonzalez arent getting enough respect in the Fantasy Community... Especially in PPR!!

Well McCluster is getting some looks in PPR Leagues as hes got the Amazing WR/RB Flexibility and has been used at WR and RB numerous times by KC this preseason. He will undoubtably be on Many Many Championship Sqauds in PPR leagues and should work his way onto Standard Leagues aswell... Jamal Charles is due for a big season but Dexter will be spelling him and between his touches at RB and looks at WR, he could see 3-6 Catches a game, 20-60 Receiving Yds, and 10-15 Rushes, with 40-80 Rushing Yds to boot!... Sprinkle in 8 Total TDs... and Voila-Fantasy Relevance!! McCluster is going undrafted in many formats (he went undrafted in my 10-team / 16 Rd Draft 2 days ago) and i wouldve taken him but i needed a K and Def (unfortunately!!). Grab em if u can, and Target him in PPR Leagues! As ull have the luxury of plugging him in as ur WR3 but youll get consistant Rushing Yards, PLUS a few Catches per game... I really think this guys WR/RB Value present INSANE Value in PPR bc ull get the best of both worlds, the consistency of a RB with his 10 Rushes per game, plus the big play potential of a WR with 3-6 Looks.... hes gonna be their Big Play or HR threat with Reverses and trick plays... Lots of Upside and Little Investment needed!!!

Ok, my Anthony Gonzalez pick would prolly qualify as a Post-Hype Sleeper pick, being as how many were picking him to Breakout and become Peytons "new" #2 WR... Are Pierre Garcon and Austin Collie good enough to block Gonzalez from PT??? Answer - NO! Collie will not be in the picture and Garcon will be more of a big play threat. Gonzalez will be somewhere between Wes Welker and Brandon Stokley (Colts Version)... I think hell grab "up to" 80 Balls this year!! WHAT!? ARE U SERIOUS!?!?!? Yes my friend... very serious!!! With that said, hell be a red zone beast, grabbing 6 TDs, with around 800 Yds to boot. Anthony Gonzalez is the Ultimate Low-Risk, high reward kinda guy, hes going in the mid-teen Rds, i just got em in the 14th in a 10 teamer, he might go earlier in PPR but hes literally on NOONES Radar! its a great value pick... worst case scenario?? He gets hurt again -OR- He Will be Peytons Slot WR, Im positive of that, but im worried about Peytons True #2 WR stealing A-Gons looks... NO! Not Garcon... Mr. Clark. I think Gonzalez will compete with Clark for the 2nd looks, as they both will be running short intermediate routes, relying a lot on getting under coverages, especially in the RZ! Garcon will get his big plays but hes more of a Robert Meachem kinda guy to me... Nice for the Big Plays but defenses will be so focused on Reggie Wayne and Dallas Clark, A-Gon will literally sneak right under the defenses and find himself open A LOT... and you know what Peyton does with open WRs!!!

Both of these guys are going to outproduce their ADP! Bank on it... Theyre the ultimate Low-Risk High Reward kinda guys, ESPECIALLY in PPR Leagues!!!
10Team H2H
(8-1 Record)
QB- Stafford
WR- VJax
WR- Marshall
WR/RB-JNelson
RB- RRice
RB- DMC
TE- Gronkowski
K- Akers
DEF- WW Matchups
Bench- Bradford, Morris, Meachem, JBest, JBaldwin, Ridley
Metropolitans
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Two Guys Thatll be Gamebreakers That Noone Seems to Want...

Postby bagobonez » Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:39 am

Metropolitans wrote:Well IMHO, Dexter McCluster and Anthony Gonzalez arent getting enough respect in the Fantasy Community... Especially in PPR!!

Well McCluster is getting some looks in PPR Leagues as hes got the Amazing WR/RB Flexibility and has been used at WR and RB numerous times by KC this preseason. He will undoubtably be on Many Many Championship Sqauds in PPR leagues and should work his way onto Standard Leagues aswell... Jamal Charles is due for a big season but Dexter will be spelling him and between his touches at RB and looks at WR, he could see 3-6 Catches a game, 20-60 Receiving Yds, and 10-15 Rushes, with 40-80 Rushing Yds to boot!... Sprinkle in 8 Total TDs... and Voila-Fantasy Relevance!! McCluster is going undrafted in many formats (he went undrafted in my 10-team / 16 Rd Draft 2 days ago) and i wouldve taken him but i needed a K and Def (unfortunately!!). Grab em if u can, and Target him in PPR Leagues! As ull have the luxury of plugging him in as ur WR3 but youll get consistant Rushing Yards, PLUS a few Catches per game... I really think this guys WR/RB Value present INSANE Value in PPR bc ull get the best of both worlds, the consistency of a RB with his 10 Rushes per game, plus the big play potential of a WR with 3-6 Looks.... hes gonna be their Big Play or HR threat with Reverses and trick plays... Lots of Upside and Little Investment needed!!!

Ok, my Anthony Gonzalez pick would prolly qualify as a Post-Hype Sleeper pick, being as how many were picking him to Breakout and become Peytons "new" #2 WR... Are Pierre Garcon and Austin Collie good enough to block Gonzalez from PT??? Answer - NO! Collie will not be in the picture and Garcon will be more of a big play threat. Gonzalez will be somewhere between Wes Welker and Brandon Stokley (Colts Version)... I think hell grab "up to" 80 Balls this year!! WHAT!? ARE U SERIOUS!?!?!? Yes my friend... very serious!!! With that said, hell be a red zone beast, grabbing 6 TDs, with around 800 Yds to boot. Anthony Gonzalez is the Ultimate Low-Risk, high reward kinda guy, hes going in the mid-teen Rds, i just got em in the 14th in a 10 teamer, he might go earlier in PPR but hes literally on NOONES Radar! its a great value pick... worst case scenario?? He gets hurt again -OR- He Will be Peytons Slot WR, Im positive of that, but im worried about Peytons True #2 WR stealing A-Gons looks... NO! Not Garcon... Mr. Clark. I think Gonzalez will compete with Clark for the 2nd looks, as they both will be running short intermediate routes, relying a lot on getting under coverages, especially in the RZ! Garcon will get his big plays but hes more of a Robert Meachem kinda guy to me... Nice for the Big Plays but defenses will be so focused on Reggie Wayne and Dallas Clark, A-Gon will literally sneak right under the defenses and find himself open A LOT... and you know what Peyton does with open WRs!!!

Both of these guys are going to outproduce their ADP! Bank on it... Theyre the ultimate Low-Risk High Reward kinda guys, ESPECIALLY in PPR Leagues!!!

Disagree in McCluster and agree on Gonzalez. I wouldn't expect to see more than 1 or 2 carries a game out of McCluster with J.Charles and T.Jones ahead of him on the depth chart. And I don't know that he's a strong enough WR to garner many looks in the passing game either. He's got potential, that's for sure, but I just don't think he'll have many opportunities to shine. I think Gonzalez re-claims his starting role though in Indy and has a better year than Garcon and Collie.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby petedog9 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:35 am

I grabbed A. Gonz late in my draft a few weeks ago. Shortly after I saw Indy's 2nd preseason game. He seems to have regainned his burst and Manning looked to him alot...
petedog9
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby DaShiz23 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:47 am

McCluster seems like that play that can get you either a big game, or a complete disappearance. Risky, but worth that last bench spot.
DaShiz23
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Metropolitans » Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:22 pm

I DEFINITELY agree with you guys! I view Anthony Gonzalez as a "cant miss breakout WR", not a sleeper. Im VERY confident that he outproduces everyone on the Colts, not named Wayne or Clark... Im glad you guys agree!

McCluster is definitely more of a "sleeper", kid has big play potential for sure, but as u pointed out, will he get enough looks to be a viable Fantasy option??? Only time will tell!!
10Team H2H
(8-1 Record)
QB- Stafford
WR- VJax
WR- Marshall
WR/RB-JNelson
RB- RRice
RB- DMC
TE- Gronkowski
K- Akers
DEF- WW Matchups
Bench- Bradford, Morris, Meachem, JBest, JBaldwin, Ridley
Metropolitans
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 5)

Postby Matthias » Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:40 pm

I don't want them.

It depends on league settings, obviously, but in the leagues that I play in there are 24-30 receivers starting every week. Depth goes much beyond that, obviously, as people pick up guys as lottery tickets, injury insurance, and bye-week replacements. But generally unless someone is really sizzling on the possibility radar, I don't want them unless they're at worst a WR2 option on their team. Gonzalez is either the 4th or 5th. And even with Peyton being Peyton, he's capped out on 664 yards as his career high. Yes, he was injured last year. But in that year Garcon and Collie stepped up. Barring injury, I don't see Gonzalez as a difference maker this year. And you can say that about a lot of guys.

If I'm going to play a WR lottery ticket this year, it will probably either be Mike Williams West or Mike Williams East.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Postby joejlitz » Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:21 pm

Is this all gut feelings, or are you guys actually following training camp news?

As of 2 weeks ago (AUG 15), AGone was the 4th WR on the depth chart. Is there news saying he's beaten out Collie, or do you guys just know it?

No offense, Metropolitans, and Welcome to the Cafe! ;-D Here's hoping you stick around and enjoy yourself!

With Pierre Garcon inactive, Austin Collie started the Colts' preseason opener Sunday at flanker opposite Reggie Wayne.

It's believed Garcon was nursing a minor injury, but this is further confirmation that Collie is ahead of Anthony Gonzalez on the depth chart. If Garcon gets hurt during the season, Collie -- not Gonzalez -- will start and play in all two-receiver sets. Collie finished the day with 28 yards. Gonzalez had an 18-yard catch. Rookie Blair White led Colts receivers with 38 yards.

Anthony Gonzalez
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby justinj312 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:23 am

I suggest grabbing both Collie and Gonzo, it's like handcuffing the Colts WR3. One of them should rise to the top.
thx

-justinj312
justinj312
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby joejlitz » Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:39 pm

Adam Levitan's article about position battles:

10. COLTS NO. 2 WR: PIERRE GARCON vs. ANTHONY GONZALEZ
Winner: Garcon
The Colts only gave Gonzalez a petty chance to get his job back. It was never going to happen. Garcon is simply too good.

Position Battles Article
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Return to Football Talk