Onterrio Smith: His future - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Onterrio Smith: His future

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Sat Nov 22, 2003 6:52 pm

I wish we would let S.O.D. run the ball more. He definitely has potential. I don't think he will have any opportunity in his career to show up. I don't think we will be getting rid of Bennett or him any time soon. I do think that he could have done at least almost as good as Moe with our offensive line. I wouldn have liked it if we would have had more of a rbbc approach. We need to see how he does in the NFL. I wish we would give him a chance.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Go Vikes » Sat Nov 22, 2003 6:55 pm

Yeah. Steal of the Draft is awesome. He will be the next Priest Holmes.

I got a picture of SOD to the left. Awesome, huh?
Go Vikes
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Sat Nov 22, 2003 6:57 pm

Yea, that is who I thought it was. Too bad you can't get a picture of his head when he had S.O.D. written on it. Now that would be awesome.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Go Vikes » Sat Nov 22, 2003 7:02 pm

M_Zimm wrote:Yea, that is who I thought it was. Too bad you can't get a picture of his head when he had S.O.D. written on it. Now that would be awesome.

Take a look at it now.
Go Vikes
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Flux » Sat Nov 22, 2003 8:12 pm

Go Vikes wrote:Yeah. Steal of the Draft is awesome. He will be the next Priest Holmes.

I got a picture of SOD to the left. Awesome, huh?

wow that is a quite a prediction for a player who hasnt done ANYTHING yet in the NFL...you think he can do better than Moe? Moe has but up big numbers this year and is one of the best blocking backs ive seen in a long while. SOD is cocky and overrated in my opinion, how dare you claim hes the next priest holmes, thats just an insult to poor priest...Not to mention you want them to trade Bennett, which is ridiculous b/c he is twice the player Smith is, and probably the fastest player in the league when healthy.
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Go Vikes » Sat Nov 22, 2003 8:23 pm

Well, it was quite a prediction, but no one thought Priest was any good either. He went from undrafted to unstoppable.
Go Vikes
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Sat Nov 22, 2003 10:58 pm

No offense to Moe, but I really don't think he is that good of a back. Let me ask you this, who was the last HB you saw that didn't do good in the Vikings system? I think you get what I am saying, or do I have to explain?
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Purple_Pride » Sun Nov 23, 2003 9:01 am

Onterrio Smith has done nothing to warrant any sort of praise. If he didnt have a big mouth and a cocky attitude his name would not be any where on this board. Moe has gained over 4.7 yards per carry and had over 400 recieving yards. And yes he is one of the best blocking backs in the league. If any of yo uwatched their game against the Bears you probably remember the block he made on Urlacher on a blitz. Urlacher ran at him full speed and Moe lowered his shoulder and put Urlacher on his ass. Onterrio routinely misses blocks and does not read the blitz well. Moe is no pro bowler but IMO is a better runner than Onterrio and he does all the little things. when you have a QB who fumbles every time he gets hit you need a back you throw a good block.
"When the truth walks away who is gonna stay? Cause the truth about the world is that crime does pay?"

RICHARD
Purple_Pride
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Go Vikes » Sun Nov 23, 2003 9:36 am

Yeah, that block on Urlacher was awesome, but Onterrio is averaging 4.3 yards a carry. I'd say that's pretty good for a rookie. He can only get better.
Go Vikes
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Purple_Pride » Sun Nov 23, 2003 9:44 am

Go Vikes wrote:Yeah, that block on Urlacher was awesome, but Onterrio is averaging 4.3 yards a carry. I'd say that's pretty good for a rookie. He can only get better.

but he isnt going to get the chance to get better becasue michael bennett is a gamebreaker and he is the RB in Minnesota when he finally gets healthy and with him out right now, today Moe is the better back. Onterrio has more upside but we didnt have time for upside or potential.
"When the truth walks away who is gonna stay? Cause the truth about the world is that crime does pay?"

RICHARD
Purple_Pride
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk