IDP return guys? WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to IDP

IDP return guys? WHIR

IDP return guys? WHIR

Postby willb » Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:41 pm

i comish a league on yahoo in which we are awarded points for return yds. also we have an idp position. my question is, lets say i put a defensive back like Danieal Manning CHI or Javier Arenas KC, in my IDP slot, will i get rewarded his return yds as well as his sacks, ints, tackles etc?

There is a place where i can select 1 pt /25 return yds on offensive players, but i didn't see anything that had to do with return yds for defensive players. Do I have to specify return yds for offense and defense or is it automatically applied to both?
willb
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: IDP return guys? WHIR

Postby toobitter » Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:11 pm

you most certainly will.

that's why i drafted danieal manning in the 12th round, though he was strangely not the first DB off the board.

manning is easily the most valuable defensive back in return heavy leagues. he's a starting safety so he gets catches and as long as he returns 1-2 kicks, he can win games.

aside from him, josh wilson is another good player to have as he may get his return job back this season.
as far as i know, these are the only 2 starting db's who return kicks.
backups can be valuable too, but then you're probably counting on only returns.
also keep an eye on s jim leonard. he's been returning punts in the pre-season.
toobitter
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 10)

Postby bazzy_51 » Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:05 pm

Actually there are many more then those 2 starting in the secondary and slated to return kicks. The list includes:

Manning and Wilson of course
Ellis Hobbs starting CB-PHI
Jim Leonhard starting SS-NYJ - double value as he returns both Kicks and Punts

Also there are a few that should be starting, or get enough PT on D to equate to a starter, that also return kicks:
Leodis McKelvin CB-BUF
Pac Man Jones - CB-CIN

A big thanks to deluxe_247 for the sweet sig!
bazzy_51
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby NoSpin » Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:38 pm

willb wrote:i comish a league on yahoo in which we are awarded points for return yds. also we have an idp position. my question is, lets say i put a defensive back like Danieal Manning CHI or Javier Arenas KC, in my IDP slot, will i get rewarded his return yds as well as his sacks, ints, tackles etc?

There is a place where i can select 1 pt /25 return yds on offensive players, but i didn't see anything that had to do with return yds for defensive players. Do I have to specify return yds for offense and defense or is it automatically applied to both?

When you choose to count return yards for individual players it does apply to both offensive players and the IDP's in Yahoo leagues. And the IDP's get credited for all their regular production as well, the tackles, int's, ect...

Wilson on Balt is the backup CB to Chris Carr right now, and Carr is listed as #1 punt returner. Wilson is nowhere to be found on the returner depth chart, but keep an eye on him, he may win the starting CB job and/or return duties at some point. Carr's nothing special at either.

Tramon Williams is starting at CB for G.B. and taking over #1 punt returner duties with Blackmon going on the IR.

Good call on Leonhard, he slipped by me as being a returner, though Yahoo and NFL.com depth charts have his listed as only returning punts, but he is listed as the #1 punt returner. I've got one league where return yards are scored 15 = 1 point! I've already got Hobbs (I was happy to see Demps released), might grab Leonhard too.
Three 2009 Money Leagues.
Two 1st place, one 2nd place finish.
NoSpin
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby NoSpin » Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:32 am

I picked up Tramon instead of Leonhard.
But I also wanted to mention Leodis McKelvin. He's not a starting corner as of now, but he was an outstanding returner in College and did much returning his rookie year ('08). He suffered a season ending injury last season and dropped off the radar among many fantasy footballers. Put him on your Watch List and keep an eye on him. His competition to potentially becoming a starting corner isn't very stiff after Terrence McGee. Buffalo's defense is expected to be poor this year, so these guys will spend alot of time on the field.
Three 2009 Money Leagues.
Two 1st place, one 2nd place finish.
NoSpin
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby willb » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:35 am

awesome advise guys!!

it's posters like yall that make this site a handy tool for fantasy league dominance!!

leave a link if i can help yall in return.
willb
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby willb » Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:43 am

alright so i dropped laurininatis, picked up d.manning.

i'm reading a lot of good things about Javier Arenas. Would it be wise to pick up Arenas as well? Hopefully Mccluster won't steal too many returns in KC.
willb
Water Boy
Water Boy

Return to IDP