Week 1 Game Talk - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

Week 1 Game Talk

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Week 1 Game Talk

Postby Sandrock » Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:24 pm

Oregon smashing New Mexico (shocker right) but at least Kenjon is putting up 5 TDs while LaMike sits out and hurts my fantasy team. I am mobilizing copious amounts of food in the hopes that Oregon State can pull off some kind of miracle, though I am quite skeptical.
Sandrock
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby jayday » Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:19 pm

Little FCS squad Jacksonville State went into Ole Miss and hung one on Masoli and the Rebs in 2OT. Love it. :-b

Highty tighty Christ Almighty...who the hell...is Jacksonville State?
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby Nfl Fan » Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:14 pm

Sandrock wrote:Oregon smashing New Mexico (shocker right) but at least Kenjon is putting up 5 TDs while LaMike sits out and hurts my fantasy team. I am mobilizing copious amounts of food in the hopes that Oregon State can pull off some kind of miracle, though I am quite skeptical.

Watching and pulling hard for your Beavs, man. I heard a lot of ESPN types predicting an upset, but TCU is looking pretty good.
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Sandrock » Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:33 pm

Has Corso ever predicted a game correctly? Beavs by 3 TD might have been the worst prediction of all time. Beavs run d is really really bad. Not just kinda bad like last year, but incredibly bad like the 80s. This pack of linebackers is probably the worst of the Riley tenure. If the Beavs don't lose 6 or 7 games this year I'll be surprised.
Sandrock
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Free Bagel » Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:49 pm

LSU is getting jobbed here. First the injury to stop the clock for UNC now they rule that guy out of bounds with 10 secs left when his knee clearly hit the ground in bounds.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby jayday » Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:46 am

Free Bagel wrote:LSU is getting jobbed here. First the injury to stop the clock for UNC now they rule that guy out of bounds with 10 secs left when his knee clearly hit the ground in bounds.

LSU should've won that game by 30. Not a lot of sympathy for them after they let UNC back in it. They were playing against a scout team. LSU also could've been called for PI on the final play. I'm glad it was a no call as I don't like seeing the zebras influencing the outcome, but there was deFinitely a case to be made for PI.

By the way, did Florida think to practice the shotgun snap at some point this summer? I would have loved to be a fly on the wall after that game to see what Urban had to say about that. :-b
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Nfl Fan » Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:56 pm

Sandrock wrote:Has Corso ever predicted a game correctly? Beavs by 3 TD might have been the worst prediction of all time. Beavs run d is really really bad. Not just kinda bad like last year, but incredibly bad like the 80s. This pack of linebackers is probably the worst of the Riley tenure. If the Beavs don't lose 6 or 7 games this year I'll be surprised.

Please please please just do one thing. Go into Boise State and try to clean up that nasty blue turf... with their helmets.
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Free Bagel » Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:03 pm

jayday wrote:By the way, did Florida think to practice the shotgun snap at some point this summer? I would have loved to be a fly on the wall after that game to see what Urban had to say about that. :-b

The shotgun snap is the least of their concerns. Even without those, they had 26 total yards through three quarters against one of the worst teams in D1 college football. It was one of the most inept offensive performances I've ever seen, and all the bad snaps did was hide just how awful the rest of that performance was.

http://www.firesteveaddazio.com

Make it happen.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby jayday » Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:08 pm

Free Bagel wrote:
jayday wrote:By the way, did Florida think to practice the shotgun snap at some point this summer? I would have loved to be a fly on the wall after that game to see what Urban had to say about that. :-b

The shotgun snap is the least of their concerns. Even without those, they had 26 total yards through three quarters against one of the worst teams in D1 college football. It was one of the most inept offensive performances I've ever seen, and all the bad snaps did was hide just how awful the rest of that performance was.

http://www.firesteveaddazio.com

Make it happen.

Ah, come on Bagel. That vaunted Red Hawk "D" is pretty stingy. :-D Nah, I have no doubts Brantley will have the offense humming in a few games. I was surprised at how bad they looked on Saturday though.

But I take it you are not in favor of Addazio taking over if Urban takes an extended leave of absence again?
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby The Lung » Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:35 pm

Wow, this Boise State / Va Tech was such an incredible game...I tuned out after Boise State went up 17-0 in the first quarter because it looked like a blowout and then came back and watched most of the second half where the Spuds had to rally to win. ;-D
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 68)

PreviousNext

Return to College Football