Week 1 Game Talk - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

Week 1 Game Talk

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Week 1 Game Talk

Postby portisfan24 » Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:44 pm

Awesome game tonight, even if I was pulling for Virginia Tech. Let the BCS debate begin!
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby KCollins1304 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:22 am

VT just dug themselves too big of a hole in the first quarter and couldn't afford to make many mistakes after that. They played really well the 2Q-4Q, though they couldn't run the ball outside of Taylor for the entire game.
KCollins1304
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Metroid » Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:52 am

Ugh....PLEASE Beavers....please beat Boise St.
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby jayday » Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:58 am

I believed Boise would win. They played well...

However, any team/fan from a major conference needs to be rooting against Virginia Tech. The rest of Boise's schedule is a joke. They will run the table. And if Virginia Tech wins the ACC conference title, it props up Boise ever so slightly. Boise will take the spot of a 1-loss SEC, Big Ten, Big 12, Pac 10 school. I don't think that is right.

I think Boise is good. Very good. But if Alabama played Boise's schedule last year, I don't think they would have deserved to play in the title game.
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby Metroid » Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:46 am

jayday wrote:I believed Boise would win. They played well...

However, any team/fan from a major conference needs to be rooting against Virginia Tech. The rest of Boise's schedule is a joke. They will run the table. And if Virginia Tech wins the ACC conference title, it props up Boise ever so slightly. Boise will take the spot of a 1-loss SEC, Big Ten, Big 12, Pac 10 school. I don't think that is right.

I think Boise is good. Very good. But if Alabama played Boise's schedule last year, I don't think they would have deserved to play in the title game.

Wait, so why am I supposed to root against VT? This whole "exposing that the BCS is flawed by Boise skipping into the title game" is not something I can get behind. I'd rather Boise lose last night and them be completely out of the conversation.

I agree Boise is good, a very good team. This is the first year where I have to admit they could be competitive in a power conference, the problem is they aren't in a power conference, through no fault of their own of course. They are doing what they need to do to get into a title game, scheduling tough non conference games...good for them, I still do not agree with them being in the discussion at all.
Metroid

Postby jayday » Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:06 pm

Metroid wrote:Wait, so why am I supposed to root against VT? This whole "exposing that the BCS is flawed by Boise skipping into the title game" is not something I can get behind. I'd rather Boise lose last night and them be completely out of the conversation.

I agree Boise is good, a very good team. This is the first year where I have to admit they could be competitive in a power conference, the problem is they aren't in a power conference, through no fault of their own of course. They are doing what they need to do to get into a title game, scheduling tough non conference games...good for them, I still do not agree with them being in the discussion at all.

Maybe my point wasn't clear. What I was saying was, a win over an 11-1 ACC Champion Virginia Tech looks better on Boise's resume than a win over a 7-4 ACC also-ran Virginia Tech. A strong season by VT helps Boise and hurts teams from the BCS conferences by giving Boise a spot in the championship game over a 1-loss team from an AQ conference. So everyone else should root against the Hokies.
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby Metroid » Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:53 pm

jayday wrote:
Metroid wrote:Wait, so why am I supposed to root against VT? This whole "exposing that the BCS is flawed by Boise skipping into the title game" is not something I can get behind. I'd rather Boise lose last night and them be completely out of the conversation.

Maybe my point wasn't clear. What I was saying was, a win over an 11-1 ACC Champion Virginia Tech looks better on Boise's resume than a win over a 7-4 ACC also-ran Virginia Tech. A strong season by VT helps Boise and hurts teams from the BCS conferences by giving Boise a spot in the championship game over a 1-loss team from an AQ conference. So everyone else should root against the Hokies.

I see what you're saying now, you mean from here on out. I totally agree. ;-D
Metroid

Postby knapplc » Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:45 pm

New polls are out, and Boise is #3 in both polls, moving up two spots in the USAToday poll. The Spuds picked up eight #1 votes in the AP.

I'm cool with calling Boise a top team, and I'm cool with their ranking because I really think they belong there. But I just can't get behind crowning a team the MNC when they play a schedule that ranks out in the 90s somewhere. That's pathetic.

Where's my college playoff? :-[
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Sandrock » Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:52 pm

Not a chance in hell of the Beavers beating anyone decent this year, much less Boise State.
Sandrock
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:16 pm

Sandrock wrote:Not a chance in hell of the Beavers beating anyone decent this year, much less Boise State.

We can hope man...we can hope.
Metroid

PreviousNext

Return to College Football