Reggie Bush - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Reggie Bush

Moderator: Football Moderators

Reggie Bush

Postby Stelly » Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:43 pm

Sitting back after my 10 team non-ppr draft, I noticed that shockingly, Reggie Bush had not been drafted!

What are your thoughts on Bush's role this season? Is he still looking at about 5 carries/game awith a couple receptions like last season, or will he get more involved now that Bell and Hamilton won't be seeing the field.

Clearly, I wouldn't want to start Bush, but could he be a decent RB3/bye week fill in?
10-Team, non-PPR

QB:
RB: R. Rice, CJ Spiller
WR: AJ Green
K:
Def:
Stelly
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Reggie Bush

Postby Goody » Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:51 pm

Well, seeing that you have Hardesty on your team, I would drop him right away and pick up Bush. I think he will be in a similar role to what he was in the past couple of years. ~10 touches per game with the occasional big game sprinkled in. He can be a good bye week/injury fill in. ;-D
OKCHomers
OKCFFL Auction
Goody
General Manager
General Manager

Postby AsianChexMix » Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:53 pm

I love him in PPR since that's where he shines. I think it's a bit hit or miss in non-PPR. If his preseason stats are anything (and it holds some merit as it is against starting defenses), he scored a TD in the first two with 17 in one game and 49 in the other. In his third, and final, preseason game he caught for 70 yards and ran for 16. Either way, that's 7-10 points for the limited role he played. Take that for what it's worth.
AsianChexMix
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby thejusman1 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:54 pm

Reggie is at best a flex play. As previously noted, he makes for a good bye-week filler at RB, but not much more than that. I would hate to rely on him as an every-week RB2. I do agree that he's immensely more valuable than out-for-the-season Hardesty.
thejusman1
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby justinj312 » Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:28 am

He's a spot play with TD potential on that high powered offense.
thx

-justinj312
justinj312
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby RBManiac » Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:01 am

I think Bush makes a great RB3 in any format this year. I seriously consider him a strong RB2 in PPR

I do agree that he's immensely more valuable than out-for-the-season Hardesty

lol, any RB with playing time is more valuable than someone thats out for the season.
RBManiac
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Retet » Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:18 am

I like Reggie Bush this year. Sure, he's not going to be THE guy, but I think people have been playing the loss of Mike Bell and L. Hamilton as cards in favor of Pierre Thomas, when, really, the true benefactor has been Bush. He's been getting goal-line looks and a general uptick in his work load. While, Thomas, on the other hand, has been unaffected.

In summary, it would not surprise me at all if Reggie Bush becomes more fantasy relevant this year than he has been in the last several. As such, he presents great value with some upside (imagine if P. Thomas gets hurt, as he's wont to do).
"Happy life day!"
Retet
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby meth68 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:17 pm

I picked up Bush with my 135th pick. I was amazed he was still there and I couldn't pass on him. I am in a PPR league and think of the possibilities. +.1 per rush + .25 per rec + total yds + total tds. And if #1 goes down Bush sky rockets. My only issue is I have CJ & D.Williams starting, so Flex is between Charles/Bush. And I know what is going to happen I will start Charles 70% of the time, and I know those are the days Bush will kill me lmao
meth68
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Return to Football Talk