New Big 10 Divisions - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

New Big 10 Divisions

Moderator: Football Moderators

New Big 10 Divisions

Postby jayday » Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:04 pm

I'm surprised we didn't already have a thread considering all the Big 10 and Husker boys we have at the Cafe.

Anyway, what does everyone think?

In case you haven't heard...here they are. By the way, the division names are placeholders as they have not been announced yet. Anyone have any good ones to suggest? ;-)

Division X
Ohio State
Penn State
Wisconsin
Illinois
Purdue
Indiana

Division O
Michigan
Nebraska
Iowa
Michigan State
Northwestern
Minnesota

Each team will play 5 games against its own division, and then they will play 3 games against the other division. One of the intra-divisional games will be a protected "rivalry" game that is played every year. The other 2 games against the other division will be on a rotating home-and-home series on a 2-year rotation.

Nebraska, it's good to have you guys. You're a great addition. Holy hell I hope you are ready to play in 2011 though. Your schedule is brutal. You play the 5 division games and your 3 against the X division are @ Wisconsin, vs Ohio State, and @ Penn State (with PSU being your yearly "rival"). You'll also be playing @ The Big House and at home vs Iowa in your division schedule. I would have thought they would have split OSU and Wisconsin up from playing the other division at the same time. (My point is, you'll have 2 years with both OSU and Wisconsin on the schedule, and then 4 years without either against the likes of the rest of the "X" division. The fact that PSU is your yearly opponent only compounds things.

The divisions aren't ideal, but they will do for me. I don't particularly like OSU and Michigan being split, but at least nobody lost their heads and moved The Game to October or some nonsense. Jim Delany probably realized he would need to enter the Witness Protection Program if he ever went through with moving The Game from the season finale.
Last edited by jayday on Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: New Big 10 Divisions

Postby scottaa1 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:11 pm

jayday wrote:The divisions aren't ideal, but they will do for me. I don't particularly like OSU and Michigan being split, .

That was my reaction as well. For me, Ohio State and Mich ARE the Big10.

It's so weird seeing Nebraska in there. I think over in the conference expansion thread at one point they were talking about a Husker/Ducks Rose Bowl. Crazy.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby AquaMan2342 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:01 pm

lol Michigan State's conference schedule is brutal
AquaMan2342
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby knapplc » Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:47 pm

Nebraska kind of got thrown to the wolves in the 2011 schedule, but it's not much worse than an SEC team faces, so I'm not complaining.

I also don't see this as a permanent schedule. I don't think we're done with Expansion - we're just on pause for the moment. Once Expansion heats up again and the Big 10 expands once more this schedule will change.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Return to College Football