The Official Kareem Huggins Hype Thread - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

The Official Kareem Huggins Hype Thread

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: is Huggins a top 10 fantasy back???

Postby SetYourselfFree » Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:53 pm

Well you're completly forgetting Isaac Redman who is Mendenhall's back up. Moore is listed as 2nd on the depth chart but he's merely a pass-catching 3rd down back. Huggins doesn't need an injury to get carries. He'll see quite a few to begin the season and his role will probably increase as the season progresses.
SetYourselfFree
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Sex Panther » Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:25 pm

SetYourselfFree wrote:Well you're completly forgetting Isaac Redman who is Mendenhall's back up. Moore is listed as 2nd on the depth chart but he's merely a pass-catching 3rd down back. Huggins doesn't need an injury to get carries. He'll see quite a few to begin the season and his role will probably increase as the season progresses.

I had read somewhere that Dwyer had passed Redman.

And the title of this thread isn't "who is going to get some carries early on in the season and watch their role expand as the year goes on".

It's "is Huggins a top 10 fantasy back".

My answer was basically "No".

IMO, Dwyer - and everybody else I named has a better chance of being a top 10 back than Huggins for a variety of reasons.

If, on September 3rd, you are banking on Huggins to win you a FF championship into 2010, again, IMO - you are in for a very long season.

How this has degenerated to this nonsense is beyond me, I'm done with this thread.
Kate Upton's Husband - dead
Mr. Blonde - champ
Yo Soy Fiesta - dead
Old South - champ
Full of Fanta Tonight - champ
Sex Panther (SB) - dead
Sex Panther (FF) - dead
Sex Panther (IBL) - dead
Sex Panther (Dynasty) dead
Sex Panther
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby jdogg_ffc » Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:39 pm

Come on Panther you know that Huggy will be top 10 this yr and your just shooting him down to keep this super sleeper for yourself.
OP you are a genius, now draft Huggy in the first round of your draft and shock the world!!!!!!!!!!
First the Shock, then the Pistons can the Lions be next?

Well maybe next yr.

PS I didn't lose a paper bag challenge but somehow as a Lion's fan it just feels right.
jdogg_ffc
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby bigh0rt » Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:43 pm

I think people have gone way overboard here (the title of the thread is a huge reason, obviously, but hey, at least it got the thread some notice and interest) in both directions. If Cadillac breaks down during the season, Huggins could have some nice production. That said, of course expectations need to be tempered due to what the offense appears to be as a whole, in the same way it isn't expected that Caddy is going to break the doors down if healthy. I know it's not as sexy going to an extreme in either direction and exaggerating wildly, but Huggins, IMO, is definitely a guy you want to target in the late rounds, due to his upside potential.
bigh0rt
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Breaking news makes Huggins more valuable.

Postby RBManiac » Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:34 am

Clifton Smith-RB- Buccaneers Sep. 5 - 5:55 pm et

Bucs waived KR/PR Clifton Smith.

It looks like the Bucs will go with some combination of Micheal Spurlock and Preston Parker in the return game, though Sammie Stroughter can also do both. Smith is only 25 years old and already has made a Pro Bowl, so we've got to think he'll be claimed. The Bucs appear to have tired of his injuries.
Source: Rick Stroud on Twitter

THough i think it was a mistake clifton smith was waived, it sends a subtle message.

While he is more of a special teamer than a backup running back, he still provided depth.

TB knows Caddy's speed is declining while also being injury prone and still continued to release Ward and Smith. They wouldnt do that if they didnt believe Huggins can be their no1 guy when push comes to shove especially with the lack of depth they have at RB.

I would certainly give Huggins a small bump in rankings after this news
RBManiac
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Re: Breaking news makes Huggins more valuable.

Postby Kareighuis » Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:14 am

Maybe. They just used the roster spot to sign Kregg Lumpkin. Smith was a great special teamer (when he wasn't injured) and was listed as a RB just for the heck of it. Lumpkin has performed as a power runner in the NFL- when he isn't injured. So the net result for Huggins is at best a wash.
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading." - Henny Youngman

I want a prehensile sucker tail, and I don't want to wait fifty million years.
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 3)

Postby RBManiac » Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:16 am

I think they'll be better than last year, but good enough for an unproven rookie RB to be a top 10 guy by the season's end?

Hes not a rookie RB, he was set to be the backup RB last year lighting it up in training camp, but he got hurt in the preseason, and he couldnt show off his stuff, and tampa can produce a decent ground game, thats all they need, i think they make the step up this year, and huggins will eventually fill into Caddy's role week 5. YOu have to remember, alot of drafters like Caddy as a solid RB3. If thats the case, then huggins should be a bigger target in drafts because he has more talent, and is obviously faster than caddy. Its a noticable gap between caddy's burst and huggins.

Tampa doesnt make alot of noise on fantasy sites, but they get the job done at times. dont sleep on tampa
RBManiac
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby RBManiac » Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:19 am

I think people have gone way overboard here (the title of the thread is a huge reason, obviously, but hey, at least it got the thread some notice and interest) in both directions. If Cadillac breaks down during the season, Huggins could have some nice production. That said, of course expectations need to be tempered due to what the offense appears to be as a whole, in the same way it isn't expected that Caddy is going to break the doors down if healthy. I know it's not as sexy going to an extreme in either direction and exaggerating wildly, but Huggins, IMO, is definitely a guy you want to target in the late rounds, due to his upside potential.

That is the best post of this thread by a longshot.

That says it all, and yes..i was trying to make some noise about the guy..lol
RBManiac
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby RBManiac » Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:21 am

Maybe. They just used the roster spot to sign Kregg Lumpkin

thanks for the update, i just noticed.

you know huggins is the shizznit in late rounds
RBManiac
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby SetYourselfFree » Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:28 am

Lumpkin is pretty much a blocker. He's looked good in the preseason against practice squad players but he's not a great runner.
SetYourselfFree
Water Boy
Water Boy

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk