The Official Kareem Huggins Hype Thread - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

The Official Kareem Huggins Hype Thread

Moderator: Football Moderators

TB...big RBBC???

Postby RBManiac » Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:25 pm

Bucs claimed RB LeGarrette Blount off waivers from the Titans.

We rarely like GM Mark Dominik's moves, but this was a good one. Blount, whom the Titans were hoping to sneak through waivers, gives the Bucs an early-down alternative to Kareem Huggins should Cadillac Williams go down. Blount ran for 118 yards and two touchdowns on 31 preseason carries. He won't be active on game days initially, but is worth grabbing in deep leagues.
Source: Rotoworld.com

early-down alternative to Kareem Huggins should Cadillac Williams go down

Exactly what it means. Alternative to kareem huggins should he go down himself.

Seems like they really have alot of confidence in Huggins, but something tells me we might see a 3 headed monster. I hope not as i own huggins in 2 leagues
RBManiac
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Re: TB...big RBBC???

Postby HunglikeChampions » Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:29 pm

RBManiac wrote:
early-down alternative to Kareem Huggins should Cadillac Williams go down

Exactly what it means. Alternative to kareem huggins should he go down himself.

Seems like they really have alot of confidence in Huggins, but something tells me we might see a 3 headed monster. I hope not as i own huggins in 2 leagues

I don't know, I take that to mean if Williams goes down, they would use blount as the early down back and Huggins as the 3rd down change of pace back. Maybe my reading skills need improving tho lol, so I would think this would be a knock to Huggins value
HunglikeChampions
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby BigMusky » Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:04 pm

it means if Cadillac goes down there is nobody worth First or 2nd down carries other then Huggins...now Bount can take a few to give Huggins a break.
BigMusky
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bazzy_51 » Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:06 pm

There shouldn't be any real RBBC talks out of Tampa until Caddy goes down. Until that time its Caddy's show to run, Huggins may get a few touches and Blount may steal a couple short yardage touches to help save Caddy's health, outside the 20s.

Huggins definitely had a great camp and preseason and opened a lot of eyes and doors for himself, but its widely known that Caddy is the man and will be til that injury bug bites. Huggins is definitely roster worthy tho because we all know Caddy will go down at some point.

A big thanks to deluxe_247 for the sweet sig!
bazzy_51
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Cameron10483 » Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:09 pm

I wouldn't worry too much, Blount will punch someone else within a few weeks, get cut and this will all be a thing of the past ;-D
Standard Scoring, 8 Team $ League, Start...QB,QB,RB,RB,WR,WR,WR,FLEX X3,TE,K,DEF.
QB-
RB-
WR-
TE-
K-
DEF-
Cameron10483
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Re: Breaking news makes Huggins more valuable.

Postby moochman » Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:36 pm

Kareighuis wrote:Maybe. They just used the roster spot to sign Kregg Lumpkin. Lumpkin has performed as a power runner in the NFL

Wait a minute. Isn't Lumpkin that dude who was turned into a fish? The Incredible Mr. Lumpkin?
I don't think he will pose much of a threat to the amazing Mr. Huggins.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Kareighuis » Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:14 pm

moochman wrote:
Kareighuis wrote:Maybe. They just used the roster spot to sign Kregg Lumpkin. Lumpkin has performed as a power runner in the NFL

Wait a minute. Isn't Lumpkin that dude who was turned into a fish? The Incredible Mr. Lumpkin?
I don't think he will pose much of a threat to the amazing Mr. Huggins.

You know some people christened him Huggy-bear? What's next, Purse-holder?

Oh, and they snapped up LeGarrette Blount off waivers. Tennessee was trying to get him to their practice squad.
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading." - Henny Youngman

I want a prehensile sucker tail, and I don't want to wait fifty million years.
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 3)

Postby Lucky7 » Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:29 pm

Given Caddy's likelihood to break down, I like Huggins' upside. Also, TB has a sweet playoffs schedule. I drafted Michael Bush, liking his upside as well, but now, with Bush's injury and the developments in TB, I'm considering dropping Bush for Huggins.
Lucky7
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

Postby RBManiac » Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:32 am

There shouldn't be any real RBBC talks out of Tampa until Caddy goes down. Until that time its Caddy's show to run, Huggins may get a few touches and Blount may steal a couple short yardage touches to help save Caddy's health, outside the 20s.

Huggins definitely had a great camp and preseason and opened a lot of eyes and doors for himself, but its widely known that Caddy is the man and will be til that injury bug bites

Bazzy, i like getting into it with you, Caddy will be the guy when he is healthy, but hes going to put up poorer production than last year, and by week 5 after their bye, caddy will get a couple of shots to redeem his starting role and fail to get at least 4.0YPC. Caddy is a declining RB, in real life, and in fantasy. He simply doesnt got it liek he used too...too many injuries wont make someone better...it makes them worse, and thats what is happening while we speak. Huggins will take over the No1 once they see he is outshining caddy every game. The only way i see huggins not being the guy is if his size cant take a decent size workload. Apparnently though, he is going with the first team and handling it pretty well in practice, and his 4.28 speed can only help the matter.

In fantasy,
Caddy is a complete waste of time and roster space, unless of course your starting RB is Julius Jones

In fantasy,
Caddy is a complete waste of time and roster space, unless of course your starting RB is Julius Jones
RBManiac
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby justinj312 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:26 am

After all this Caddy basing, I'm now rooting for the guy. Here's to Caddy having some good fortune and playing all 16 games.
thx

-justinj312
justinj312
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Previous

Return to Football Talk