Choice a good choice... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

Choice a good choice...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Choice a good choice...

Postby RBManiac » Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:12 am

as a waiver pickup if he gets traded to the right team.

Calvin Watkins of ESPN Dallas reports that the Cowboys are fielding trade offers from teams about Marion Barber and Tashard Choice.

Watkins cites "multiple sources," but one source tells ESPN's Matt Mosley that the team will not trade Barber. It's interesting to note that the story does not downplay the possibility of Choice being dealt. Though a trade seems unlikely, Dallas is in wheeling-and-dealing mode, having sent away Patrick Crayton and Pat McQuistan on Friday. Check back Saturday for an update.
Source: ESPN Dallas


lets see, Falcons as Turners clear cut backup.

Dolphins with Injury prone brown, and oldie Ricky.

Rams would be a good fit, Jackson is bound to get hurt. even so...choice would most certainly
steal carries from him..why would the rams not want to rest their work horse for the last 4 years?...Jackson deserves a rest

Redskins, which he will probly become a full time starter by week 4.

Patriots. If Choice gets sent away to the Pats..he instantly becomes an RB2 with upside.
he would be the clear cut starter.


Choice is the best back the cowboys have, and they dont even know it, im saying that because he can stay healthy. If you notice, everytime he takes over for injury rbs, he puts up RB2 numbers. He averages a solid 5.0+YPC.
RBManiac
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 843
Joined: 16 Aug 2008
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Choice a good choice...

Postby DemonDeacon » Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:24 am

i dont know if hes the "BEST" back but the best overall imo. i think felix and barber fit better in the cowboys schemes. That being said i think choice could easily be a starter in the nfl. would love to see him get an opportunity to be the guy. lets go seahawks!!! haha we havent had a good back in ages... and no i dont consider shaun alexander to be a good back, just a man of opportunity. hell i coulda ran for 28 tds with the holes that oline gave him
Eastmont League 10-3 (2nd Seed)
Wenatchee League 9-4 (2nd Seed)
Urine Trouble League 6-7 (6th seed boooya!!!)
DemonDeacon
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 1366
(Past Year: 16)
Joined: 9 Oct 2007
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Choice a good choice...

Postby RBManiac » Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:40 am

you guys have forsett though...hes going to be nasty with it. That RBBC in seattle will do just fine. not playoffs this year, but you guys will have good wins.

49ers are taking over that divison boy!
RBManiac
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 843
Joined: 16 Aug 2008
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Choice a good choice...

Postby bagobonez » Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:40 am

I will be very shocked if the Cowboys trade Choice. A Barber trade wouldn't surprise me as Barber makes a TON more money than Choice and is older and slower than Choice. It would boil down to compensation, but if the Cowboys could get a 1st or 2nd round pick for him, or even someone like OT Marcus McNeill or OG Logan Mankins, I'd have to accept. As much as I love Choice, the Cowboys are stacked at RB and Felix Jones is poised to become the starter for the next several years.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
Image
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 4463
Joined: 23 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Atop my league's fantasy throne

Re: Choice a good choice...

Postby CBMGreatOne » Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:51 pm

bagobonez wrote:I will be very shocked if the Cowboys trade Choice. A Barber trade wouldn't surprise me as Barber makes a TON more money than Choice and is older and slower than Choice. It would boil down to compensation, but if the Cowboys could get a 1st or 2nd round pick for him, or even someone like OT Marcus McNeill or OG Logan Mankins, I'd have to accept. As much as I love Choice, the Cowboys are stacked at RB and Felix Jones is poised to become the starter for the next several years.


The absolute most that another team would give for Choice would be a third round draft pick and that would shock me. Honestly, I think it's more likely that the Cowboys asking price is too high, because a fifth rounder is probably about what they could realistically get. With the Redskins cutting Torain today, I could see them making an offer for one of the two to shore up our decrepit running game. If the Cowboys are as high on Choice as you are, though, it obviously wouldn't happen.
CBMGreatOne
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar

Posts: 1845
(Past Year: 10)
Joined: 30 May 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Choice a good choice...

Postby moochman » Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:08 pm

I can't imagine the Cowboys are dumb enough to trade Choice. I think what we are seeing is Jerry Jones love of Razorbacks interfering with sound judgment. He has an unhealthy manlove for Fragile Felix Jones. The trade bait should be Jones and Barber, not Choice. That said, Barber is the only tradable back. Older, paid more, much more wear and tear, he is the guy who should go. Since the concensous is that nobody will pay a lot for Choice, then the choice is Barber.
Image


I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16300
(Past Year: 80)
Joined: 20 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Living in the shame only a Lions fan knows

Re: Choice a good choice...

Postby bagobonez » Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:16 pm

CBMGreatOne wrote:
bagobonez wrote:I will be very shocked if the Cowboys trade Choice. A Barber trade wouldn't surprise me as Barber makes a TON more money than Choice and is older and slower than Choice. It would boil down to compensation, but if the Cowboys could get a 1st or 2nd round pick for him, or even someone like OT Marcus McNeill or OG Logan Mankins, I'd have to accept. As much as I love Choice, the Cowboys are stacked at RB and Felix Jones is poised to become the starter for the next several years.


The absolute most that another team would give for Choice would be a third round draft pick and that would shock me. Honestly, I think it's more likely that the Cowboys asking price is too high, because a fifth rounder is probably about what they could realistically get. With the Redskins cutting Torain today, I could see them making an offer for one of the two to shore up our decrepit running game. If the Cowboys are as high on Choice as you are, though, it obviously wouldn't happen.


Not a chance the Cowboys trade Choice, Barber or anyone else of importance to a divisional rival.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
Image
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 4463
Joined: 23 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Atop my league's fantasy throne

Re: Choice a good choice...

Postby CBMGreatOne » Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:18 am

bagobonez wrote:
CBMGreatOne wrote:
bagobonez wrote:I will be very shocked if the Cowboys trade Choice. A Barber trade wouldn't surprise me as Barber makes a TON more money than Choice and is older and slower than Choice. It would boil down to compensation, but if the Cowboys could get a 1st or 2nd round pick for him, or even someone like OT Marcus McNeill or OG Logan Mankins, I'd have to accept. As much as I love Choice, the Cowboys are stacked at RB and Felix Jones is poised to become the starter for the next several years.


The absolute most that another team would give for Choice would be a third round draft pick and that would shock me. Honestly, I think it's more likely that the Cowboys asking price is too high, because a fifth rounder is probably about what they could realistically get. With the Redskins cutting Torain today, I could see them making an offer for one of the two to shore up our decrepit running game. If the Cowboys are as high on Choice as you are, though, it obviously wouldn't happen.


Not a chance the Cowboys trade Choice, Barber or anyone else of importance to a divisional rival.


Yeah, that would be like the Eagles trading McNabb...

:-D All joking aside you're probably exactly right about that. Choice would be nice for a low draft pick, but the Cowboys obviously know his real value and would prefer he goes somewhere in the AFC. Plus Barber and Jones haven't exactly been bastians of health. They need the insurance policy. I do think the Redskins could make a trade for a back though, or maybe something crazy like VJax.
CBMGreatOne
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar

Posts: 1845
(Past Year: 10)
Joined: 30 May 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball


Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 3:57 hours
(and 37 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact