Mike Bush's value - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Mike Bush's value

Moderator: Football Moderators

Mike Bush's value

Postby 011472 » Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:37 am

I'm trying to judge Bush's value for my auction tomorrow. He was a guy who I was actively targeting in my $150 auction. We each keep 3 players, which leads to prices rising a bit. With that I mind, I was willing to pay up to $12 for him as my RB3 or 4. Now that he's out for at least 4-6 games, how far is he falling? There's no so much recent auction data online, so I was looking at ADP- fantasyfootballcalculator doesn't show much of a drop, which really surprises me.

Is he now someone who goes near Sproles and McGahee or is he down in the Scott/Ringer range?
Head Coach
Head Coach

Matchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Mike Bush's value

Postby brikz » Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:41 pm

I don't know how this translates to auction value but to give you an idea of how much he's fallen, I took him in the 6th round a week ago. Did another draft last night and he went in the 13th. And the guy who took him didn't really want him, but figured in the 13th round there wasn't much else left.
brikz
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Mike Bush's value

Postby Metropolitans » Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:18 pm

Bush recently went VERY Late in my 10-Team Redraft... It was after the news about his Thumb injury but it was before news broke that he could be out for 4-6 weeks, at the time he wasnt even announced to be out for Week 1. I remembered thinking "Damn hes falling far... but I dont even consider him the most likely breakout candidate in that backfield". But to get to the point, Michael Bush ended up going with the 7th Pick in the 12th Round! I ended up snagging Run DMC (Darren McFadden-to the layperson) in the same exact Round (the 12th Round) but 1 pick before Mike Bush! Hahaha... so I passed on Bush to grab McFadden, before Bush.... With Bush being out for atleast a month, the door is Wide-Open for Run DMC to be a SERIOUS Post-Hype Sleeper!!!! Kids got ALL the talent in the world, he just needs some Heart and some luck with his Health!!! IF (and thats a Big if) hes healthy, he should definitely live-up to the hype, Jason Campbell should open up that Offense enough with the passing game to allow some SERIOUS running lanes for McFadden to bust-out some serious runs. With his skill set, his quickness, and his agility, he should absolutely flash some serious highlight reel runs in the 1st Month. With that said, Michael Bush's Value should be at an all-time low, Run DMC will steal this show, the 1st Month is MORE THAN ENOUGH time to show off his brilliance... I honestly think McFadden is in a perfect situation to Breakout... Oaklands Offense should be MUCH Improved and Campbell/McFadden WILL be the catalysts of it!!!!
10Team H2H
(8-1 Record)
QB- Stafford
WR- VJax
WR- Marshall
WR/RB-JNelson
RB- RRice
RB- DMC
TE- Gronkowski
K- Akers
DEF- WW Matchups
Bench- Bradford, Morris, Meachem, JBest, JBaldwin, Ridley