Worst to First - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Worst to First

Moderator: Football Moderators

Who will go from worst to first this year?

Bills
No votes
Browns
No votes
Jags
10%
Chiefs
40%
Redskins
20%
Lions
18%
Bucs
8%
Rams
5%

Total votes : 40

Worst to First

Postby Mookie4ever » Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:13 pm

The NFL is an odd league. Every year for the past 7 years one team (and twice two teams) has gone from last in their division to first.

Who will it be this year?

Vegas says that the Chiefs and Skins have the best shots.

"I think that gay marriage should be something between a man and a woman" Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeBaseball ModHockey ModBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Worst to First

Postby Mookie4ever » Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:17 pm

I voted Jags. I know that they have to top the Colts and everybody's darkhorse Houston but I think that they have the best chance.

They were the best of the last place teams with a 7-9 record. With MJD they have a chance to win on any given Sunday. Plus I think that Peyton can't be successful without Marvin Harrison and Edge :-b

"I think that gay marriage should be something between a man and a woman" Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeBaseball ModHockey ModBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby B3N1ZJAM1N » Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:55 pm

jags or chiefs...I voted jags
B3N1ZJAM1N
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby aaawall91 » Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:57 pm

Voted Redskins. Lots of questions in there division no matter how strong it actually is.

Would vote Lions if Green Bay wasn't so damn good.
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 62)

Postby Kareighuis » Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:56 pm

Jags have best player, but don't have a team.

Redskins have the best team, but every other team in that division is competitive and can win it.

Chiefs have a number of issues, but their weak division gives them a leg up.
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading." - Henny Youngman

I want a prehensile sucker tail, and I don't want to wait fifty million years.
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Mookie4ever » Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:14 pm

Vegas odds to win division

Bills +2800
Browns +2000
Jags +1400
Chiefs +800
Skins +600
Lions +2200
Bucs +2800
Rams +2000

Skins and Chiefs are way ahead of the others. For the Chiefs to win something bad has to happen to Rivers and I have no faith in Washington. I think that the best odds are with the Browns at +2000 competing against the Ravens, Bengals and Steelers all of whom could implode.

Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

Postby moochman » Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:30 pm

tough call, but I think the KC has a lil better chance than the Jags. Too much competition for Jax, and SD is one Rivers injury away from beatable.
Skins have a good shot too, if McNabb can stay healthy and be effective. Very physical conference should lay him to waste, two vs Iggles could do it.
KC has running game, enough passing threat, once good OC in place and a not too stinky D to get on a roll in the shakiest division in the league.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Kareighuis » Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:45 pm

You can group Mookie's info another way-

Bills +2800
Bucs +2800

Lions +2200
Browns +2000
Rams +2000

Jags +1400

Chiefs +800
Skins +600

I don't think TB's chance of winning their division is as bad as the Bills'- I'd say they have a better chance that the Rams- maybe +1800 or so. Kinda surprised the Jags are given such a good chance.
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading." - Henny Youngman

I want a prehensile sucker tail, and I don't want to wait fifty million years.
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)

Postby B-Chad » Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:57 am

I voted the Chiefs. I don't necessarily think they are the best team of the bunch, but I think they have the path of least resistance. The Broncos look bad on paper, no Dumervil, possible hamstring tear at last check, and who was pretty darn mediocre when healthy anyways, and no Brandon Marshall. Sorry, but Jabar Gaffney the number 1 looks pretty bad, and if Moreno misses time at RB, how much faith does anyone have in Buckhalter? So that might be two bingo squares.

The Raiders look improved, plugging in Campbell at QB instead of Russell/Gradkowski is a huge ugrade. The receiving core looks pretty putrid, but Zach Miller should prove a nice receiving threat. The defense is a question mark, so the Chiefs have a shot at two wins in the division there as well, not a lock, but a shot.

That leaves the obvious class of the division, the SD Chargers. No V-Jax, McNeil holding out, and a rookie RB, albeit one I like a lot. Like just about every other team, one QB injury away from falling down numerous pegs. Even if healthy, and as the class of the division, the possibility remains the Chiefs could steal a game away from the Chargers.
B-Chad
Water Boy
Water Boy

Editor

Postby aaawall91 » Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:13 am

Despite my prediction, I don't think a single of these teams end up 1st in their divison
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 62)

Next

Return to Football Talk