Calvin vs. B Marsh - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Calvin vs. B Marsh

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Calvin vs. B Marsh

Postby moochman » Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:20 pm

Have to go with Megatron. Lions should have to pass more than the Phins{ this year and Stafford should imporve enough to force feed the big fella a whole bunch in the redzone. Marshall will be no slacker, but he is less likely to get the opportunities.

Opinion possibly tainted by increased homerism as season approaches. ;-D

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby bagobonez » Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:42 pm

moochman wrote:
Opinion possibly tainted by increased homerism as season approaches. ;-D

I didn't think Lions fans were allowed homerism? :-b
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Montana168 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:45 am

So what is everyone's opinion on this topic now that stafford is out? I really think that without stafford, calvin's value plummets. shaun hill showed some promise with the niners, but he was looking for the TE more than the WR. This could be due to the fact that the niners didn't have crabtree at the time, and vernon was the most reliable option, but read into that as you will. Hill also has a noodle arm, so if calvin is to be succesful he's either going to need to rack up the YAC or catch 8-10 passes that go for about 10 yds each.

With Marshall, i've really never been a fan of him because of his off the field issues but I like the potential that henne's strong arm gives him in the vertical game. Something Orton didn't really have. I could definitely see Marshall's receptions go down, but I could see his yds per reception increase. However, as miami showed in week 1, marshall is going to get A LOT of targets which is always a huge plus for a fantasy #1 receiver. The biggest issue that worries me, honestly, is darrell revis. Miami plays the jets twice a year, and it is pretty much a lock that marshall will score <5 pts in each week. Anything can happen, and no player is flawless, including revis, but I still think owning any WR in the AFC east is a bump down in value (except welker since revis is on moss all day).

Interested in hearing if people have changed their mind due to staffords injury...
Montana168
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Football Talk