Revis is signed, sound the alarms Flacco owners - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Revis is signed, sound the alarms Flacco owners

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Revis is signed, sound the alarms Flacco owners

Postby Dawinner127 » Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:51 pm

BigMusky wrote:being the #1 pass defense does not mean you are necessarily some juggernaut (just ask the Packers because they were the #1 run defense even though they can not stop anyone with a real RB). The Colts(32)/Texans(30) are not running teams and only do so out of courtesy to try and keep defenses honest. The Jets have no offense, so there is no time when they are so far ahead of a team that people get in a Pass Only Mode. The Ravens are a run first team and will have the Jets in a completely different strategy then they used against Texans/Colts. It is much harder to guard the pass when you have to focus on stopping the run. Boldin is a completely different type of receiver then Wayne, AJ or Moss. Ray Rice is also so dynamic coming out of backfield there is no way you can account for him without giving something up. Regarding Patriots, the first game was the game everyone found out how crazy Rex Ryan really is with taunts and calls season ticket holders...and they had a million penalties, probably because it was Brady's 3rd game back and on top of it there was no Wes Welker. I chaulk that game up to good timing in schedule for Jets. The 2nd game the Patriots crushed them and Brady threw for 300 yards and only 1TD because the Jets defense was a sieve against run.

Welker had nearly 200 yards receiving...he is more like Boldin then Moss is.

The Ravens will stomp the Jets and Flacco will get his unless they just run every touchdown in.

Yet you forget to mention that Bradys touchdown in that game was to Moss on a 1-yard pass when Revis was audibiling at the line I believe the touchdown was scored on the bottom left part of the screen, if you want to see Revis was making hand signals. Also, Sanchez threw 4 interceptions.
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 70)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby moochman » Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:57 pm

I don't know about sounding an alarm, but I do think you could get a milk carton ready.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby bagobonez » Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:25 pm

i wouldn't start Flacco against that D. Flacco's a 2nd tier kind of QB anyway. If you have Brees or Peyton I think you have to start those guys every week regardless of the match-up, but Flacco against the Jets? Nah. Much better off going with someone like Carson Palmer, Eli, Ryan, etc. if you have a good backup.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby bagobonez » Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:27 pm

BigMusky wrote:The 2nd game the Patriots crushed them and Brady threw for 300 yards and only 1TD because the Jets defense was a sieve against run.
The Ravens will stomp the Jets and Flacco will get his unless they just run every touchdown in.

I don't argue that the Jets could be more vulnerable to the run, and the Ravens DO like to run, but that doesn't really do anything to make Flacco a solid starter in Week 1. Whether the Ravens win or not, it's going to be an ugly game and Flacco passing for 300 aint happening.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby justinj312 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:35 am

Revis has to be a bit rusty BTW. He cannot be in top form yet.
thx

-justinj312
justinj312
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Dawinner127 » Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:01 pm

justinj312 wrote:Revis has to be a bit rusty BTW. He cannot be in top form yet.

Just what the Jets want -- The Ravens to pick on Revis.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby BigMusky » Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:39 am

Game went pretty much as expected...except for lack of touchdowns. He had his shot at one that was a give me and blew it...would have made it a 15pt performance in my league. If defense had been able to get some better field position (which I kind of expected) he probably would have gotten another TD. It is tough to put up big touchdowns against a good defense when your average starting position is 18 yard line.

Ultimately, you guys were all right and I was wrong though because it was a Dud performance and cost me week 1.
BigMusky
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby sammyfan711 » Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:14 pm

I watched the game live and then watched the tape again Tuesday - I am super-hyped about Flacco. His touch on those deep passes are unlike anyone else in the game, I did bench him in three leagues vs the Jets and am now trying to trade for him in another 2 leagues where I didn't draft him. Week 2 and beyond he should be a monster, now is the time to make a play for him if possible.

The way Boldin all of the sudden emerged as their downfield threat is going to make this Baltimore passing attack downright scary, plus for a week two bonus Houshmanzadeh will be playing a "revenge game" against the Bengals.

I don't see any way that Flacco throws for any less than three TDs against Cincy.
sammyfan711
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Dawinner127 » Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:29 pm

sammyfan711 wrote:I watched the game live and then watched the tape again Tuesday - I am super-hyped about Flacco. His touch on those deep passes are unlike anyone else in the game, I did bench him in three leagues vs the Jets and am now trying to trade for him in another 2 leagues where I didn't draft him. Week 2 and beyond he should be a monster, now is the time to make a play for him if possible.

The way Boldin all of the sudden emerged as their downfield threat is going to make this Baltimore passing attack downright scary, plus for a week two bonus Houshmanzadeh will be playing a "revenge game" against the Bengals.

I don't see any way that Flacco throws for any less than three TDs against Cincy.

I wouldn't say the touch on those deep passes were unlike anyone else in the game. The receivers should be accredited more than Flacco IMO. A lot of those catches were either a) a brilliant play by the receiver (Heaps catch was incredible and Boldin had a nice grab over Wilson) and b) Kyle Wilson got absolutely torched all game long on 1 v 1 coverage in the slot.

However, I do agree with you that Flacco is a great play from here on out and I do own him in one of the leagues I am in ;-D
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Previous

Return to Football Talk